You Know...winning Out Would Show Me That Something Has Changed At The Branch

If the Falcons won out, it wouldn't be the most incredible story in the NFL this year, it would be the most incredible story in the NFL ever.

Or maybe second to Kurt Warner's "Grocery Stock Boy to NFL MVP" Story.

Nah, the most incredible story is being the team to have a 35 point comeback in a wildcard game, and then losing the super bowl four times in a row.

That or 18-1 (lol)

I've lost quite a bit of faith in Smith but IMO he's earned the rest of this season. For all our talk about ineptitude and lack of leadership no one has broken rank, as far as I know not one player has bad mouthed anything, which to an extent shows belief and discipline. I'm taking it week to week but if we were to make some playoff noise my perspective on Smith would definitely change.

Yeah I watched that Bills / Oilers game, but I don't think one game can touch what Kurt Warner did, which was go from a guy that NOBODY had ever heard of to League and Super Bowl MVP in a matter of 4 months. That was the best story in the history of the NFL IMO.

The Falcons going from 2-6 to Super Bowl champs would be close to that though.

It would be something.................. I do not see it happening simply because it is **** hard to win 8 games in a row in the nfl.....but we have done it before so who knows.

Honestly even if we just go 6-2 the second part of the season and if we make the playoffs Smitty will deserve Coach of year consideration.... it is way too easy in the NFL to go 2-6 and then just fold the season.

It would be something.................. I do not see it happening simply because it is **** hard to win 8 games in a row in the nfl.....but we have done it before so who knows.

Honestly even if we just go 6-2 the second part of the season and if we make the playoffs Smitty will deserve Coach of year consideration.... it is way too easy in the NFL to go 2-6 and then just fold the season.

I've been impressed with Mike Smith's staunch attitude. Everyone knows Blank is already looking for a new coach ever since the Lions game. The death knell has pretty much been struck, but Smitty hasn't let it affect him. Whether he's a good coach or not, he's certainly giving it all he's got even despite everyone basically abandoning him. Better than Petrino.

Edited by likeriver

It's Mike Smith's staunch attitude that really started his decline that continues today.

Week 17 in 2012 - Play all the starters in a meaningless game that none of them want to play.

QB getting slammed from the beginning of the game - nope, leave them in there - Dunta Robinson gets knocked out of the game due to a head injury - nope leave them in there - Asante Samuel reaggravates a shoulder injury - nope leave them in there - finally the best DE player gets an injury that would dibilitate him through the playoffs - and still Smith left Ryan and the other starters in.

And the team took a discouraging loss anyway.

He will take his staunch attitude back to this vacation home permanently when the season is over.

Yeah I watched that Bills / Oilers game, but I don't think one game can touch what Kurt Warner did, which was go from a guy that NOBODY had ever heard of to League and Super Bowl MVP in a matter of 4 months. That was the best story in the history of the NFL IMO.

The Falcons going from 2-6 to Super Bowl champs would be close to that though.

That's not really what happened though....

He got a look in 94, worked at the grocery store, did Arena League stuff, signed with the Rams, did a year in NFL Europe and then took off.

**** of a story but I think the myth-making is starting to set in.

He bacame the starter because Trent Green got his knee tore up by Rodney Harrison. Green was signed to be the saviour for the Rams. Vermeil cried like a baby at the press conference when Trent Green tore his knee up. He had no idea what he had in Kurt Warner.

Maybe not. But they kept him around in the organization for more than a year and elevated him to the back up role for a reason. They must have seen something.

"Winning Out Would Show Me That Something Has Changed At The Branch"

[smartass/off] happy.png

Sorry, Sir. unsure.png

But yeah - if the Falcons were to reel off 7 more wins, including the Pack and the 2nd round with NO, I expect ALL would be forgiven.

"Winning Out Would Show Me That Something Has Changed At The Branch"

captain-obvious.jpg

[smartass/off] happy.png

Sorry, Sir. unsure.png

But yeah - if the Falcons were to reel off 7 more wins, including the Pack and the 2nd round with NO, I expect ALL would be forgiven.

Nope ,,, because there are fans here and I use that term VERY loosely who would rather see the team get beat simply because they do not like Smith or TD..... they are more concerned about being right in their hate of one or both of those men than see the falcons do well.