John Gruden

doveboss26

This guy absolutely needs to be the next coach of Atlanta. I'm not smart enough to post a video but go to youtube and put in "John Gruden Tampa Bay".

Then come back and tell me that's not what almost everyone has been asking for.

Best part of one video Gruden says "15 yard penalty because the TE is talking too much smack, get out of the huddle, 15 yard penalty on me for kicking your ***."

Now that probably wouldn't work in today's NFL but I'm all for it. I think he could really get this offense on track.

Jon Gruden is no longer a serious football coach.

He's 100% now a CELEBRITY. Big difference.

Being an NFL HC is in many ways a mundane 7am to 10pm GRINDING job. In that respect our Smitty does very well. Gruden would laugh in your face if you seriously expected him to do that today.

He's a media celebrity.........and a Big one at that.

Gone are the days where he would want to put in the endless hours at a facility............coaching overpaid prima donnas to boot.

Forget it.

Outside of the Bucs SB season, Gruden had never won another playoff game during his time as Bucs HC.

Gruden was labeled an offensive guru but yet he failed to actually put together a competent enough offense to be a nice component to their historic defense, which was why their time as a top NFL team was very short lived.

Yes Gruden has a SB ring, but his tenure in Tampa was not as good as it has been made out to be.

Won the SB, then started going downhill immediately after.

Also hasn't a coach in too long.

But for some people here that is all they would care about.

Winning a ring is nice and it is the ultimate goal but if it is followed up with 10+plus years of futility it almost not seems worth it.

Not to mention we would not be lucky enough for it to be against his former team who did not change the calls at all and executed the playbook HE established to the letter.

Gruden knew the Raiders so well he actually got out in pads and mimicked Gannon perfectly down to how he walked and talked.

But for some people here that is all they would care about.

Winning a ring is nice and it is the ultimate goal but if it is followed up with 10+plus years of futility it almost not seems worth it.

Not to mention we would not be lucky enough for it to be against his former team who did not change the calls at all and executed the playbook HE established to the letter.

Gruden knew the Raiders so well he actually got out in pads and mimicked Gannon perfectly down to how he walked and talked.

If he won the SB at all.

Why do people think Gruden is a good coach? Because we hear him on TV every week?

Because he has all the fire that people say Smith lacks. Again go to youtube and look up some videos of Gruden coaching.

You will see that the man has a lot of fire and passion. I think he's west coast offense would be great here.