Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WOR

General Nba Discussion Thread

389 posts in this topic

I better see a lot of the fans of other teams around these parts now!

I see NBA talk around from guys that never show up down here. Come on! We need friends....lol

Guess I'll help with 3 games in does/did anyone see Miami, Golden state, Memphis, or Houston leading the pack?

I could see Houston and Golden State possibly, but maybe not Memphis same with Miami.

Well I diddddd try to tell everyone the Heat would be fine haha

Can't blame people for being worried though you lose #1(I don't believe he's best, but...) then all you hear is D-wade = wheelchair etc etc.

We knew who Bosh was too before he came to the Heat.

I don't even know if I was on the thread that you mentioned that either.

Can't blame people for being worried though you lose #1(I don't believe he's best, but...) then all you hear is D-wade = wheelchair etc etc.

We knew who Bosh was too before he came to the Heat.

I don't even know if I was on the thread that you mentioned that either.

People were acting like Bosh had turned into a scrub.

Wade may fall apart late in the season, but he will be great until he gets tired. He always is.

Monday, November 3, 2014

Kevin Martin fined $15K for gesture

Associated Press

http://espn.go.com/e...5555&type=story

MINNEAPOLIS -- The NBA has fined Minnesota Timberwolves guard Kevin Martin $15,000 for what the league called an "obscene gesture" during the fourth quarter against the Chicago Bulls.

The league announced the fine Monday. The gesture came after Martin hit a 3-pointer with just over 90 seconds to play in the game Saturday night. As he headed back to the other end of the court, Martin cupped his hands and held them just below his waist.

The dance move was popularized by former Timberwolves guard Sam Cassell, who used to do it after big shots until the NBA started issuing fines to curb it.

Martin had 33 points in the game, but the Wolves lost 106-105 on two free throws by Jimmy Butler with 0.2 seconds left.

laugh.pngThese guys are stupid sometimes!!

People were acting like Bosh had turned into a scrub.

Wade may fall apart late in the season, but he will be great until he gets tired. He always is.

Not saying he turned scrub though. I just remember he was like Kevin Garnett he can dominate like the best of them(Raptors), but needed help to get there.

Still though we only 3 games in can't really get excited I do feel like people may be sleeping on the Kings though just a little.

Just saw a guy at his game flash his credit cards on live tv.

Son. You stupid.

Yep and you know there is some super thief out there trying to make him pay for it, LOL

Kyrie better accept the fact that he's not the man anymore. When is the last time a point guard dropped 34 with no assists.

Cavs really should just run the offense through LeBron.

2 SGs. 1 point forward.

Check this out!

Thursday, November 6, 2014

LeBron, Irving exchange words

By Brian Windhorst

ESPN.com

LeBron James and Kyrie Irving exchanged words in the Cleveland Cavaliers' locker room following the team's 19-point loss to the Portland Trail Blazers on Tuesday night, and it led to Irving leaving quickly without speaking to the media, multiple sources told ESPN.com.

Going It Alone

The Cavs had assists on only six of their 30 field goals Wednesday, the lowest assist percentage (20 percent) by a LeBron James team in his career.

Date Opponent Pct.

Wednesday at Jazz 20.0

April 22, 2012 Rockets 28.6

Nov. 26, 2005 Wolves 28.6

Feb. 22, 2004 at Knicks 29.0

-- ESPN Stats & Information

The discussion was seen as healthy, sources said, with the veteran James voicing concerns about the direction of the Cavs' offense. James scored just 11 points against the Blazers and did not score in the second half, and he was often not a part of the offense. Cleveland is off to a 1-3 start following a last-second loss to the Utah Jazz on Wednesday night.

"There's a lot of bad habits, a lot of bad habits been built up the past couple years," James said to the media moments after the exchange. "When you play that style of basketball, it takes a lot to get it up out of you."

James addressed Irving to discuss the way he'd been dominating the ball in the early going of the season. Irving is averaging just 3.8 assists thus far. He scored 34 points in the 102-100 loss Wednesday to the Jazz but had no assists in 45 minutes of playing time.

Irving hasn't had an assist in more than six quarters, and he's taken 36 shots in that span. The Cavs tied a franchise-record low with six assists, four of them from James, against the Jazz.

"For us, it was a growing process that we have to go through," Irving said Wednesday. "It sucks right now. For us, we're still young, and I'm still learning what's going on."

James expressed frustration for how the offense operated against the Jazz but complimented Irving on his scoring.

"Well, I mean, as far as [irving's] scoring, it was big time. He made all the shots we needed to keep us in the game," James said. "He made some great plays down the stretch, finished above the rim. It was great."

"You just can't explain [the low assist totals]. There's no way you're going to win a basketball game like that, just having six assists. ... We just can't win like that, and we got to figure out a way to help each other and not make it so tough."

As reaction to his comments picked up steam on social media, James tweeted an update of sorts:

Id trade Kyrie in a heart beat if I were the cavs. Not necessarily because of this, but because I think he isn't the best fit, and he'd get you some good talent in return.

Only problem is he is only making 7 million bucks. Next year that goes to 15. So if the Cavs want a decent return, they're going to have to wait.

Kinda makes you sick that the Cavs could get EVEN better....

Man the cavs will need time to gel. But kyrie does have to accept the fact the king James is running sh1t, lol

I was sleep when the game was on but I saw a couple of gifs that made Kyrie looks worse than kobe. It was a sad display

Here's a question - what if Love leaves. I know everyone assumes he'll resign but what if he doesn't.

Didn't he already?

Huh?? Love is a free agent at the end of this season. What if he bolts Cleveland?

The only reason he hasn't signed yet is the money. A contract now would carry 37 mill guaranteed. If he waits, it's 107. He's not going anywhere. It's just about money.

Why would he leave?