Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unkn0wn

Mlb Offseason Thread

734 posts in this topic

Angels pick up option for Street

Nationals decline options on Soriano and LaRoche. They picked up Span's option

Phillies declined the option on Mike Adams

Options Exercised

Wei-Yin Chen - Orioles

Johnny Cueto - Reds

Yovani Gallardo - Brewers

Dan Haren - Dodgers (Player option)

Daniel Hudson - Diamondbacks

Hisashi Iwakuma - Mariners (Vesting option)

John Lackey - Cardinals

Darren O'Day - Orioles

Matt Reynolds - Diamondbacks

Denard Span - Nationals

Huston Street - Angels

Options Declined

Mike Adams - Phillies

Sean Burnett - Angels

Kyuji Fujikawa - Cubs

Nick Hundley - Orioles

Josh Johnson - Padres

Adam LaRoche - Nationals

Ryan Ludwick - Reds

Nick Markakis - Orioles

Felipe Paulino - White Sox

Rafael Soriano - Nationals

Cubs said they offered Renteria the chance to remain with the club but he's elected to see what else it out there. Some speculation the Twins may kick the tires with their managerial position still open.

Reports that Maddon made a push to stay in Tampa by offering a proposal before accepting the Cubs offer. Rays went up to $3M a year according to the reports but couldnt go further.

Yes, Friedman brought in more than a few highly regarded minds to run the Dodgers. Its a lot like what Theo did with the Cubs front office.

Cubs are interested in acquiring Cole Hamels.

Jake Peavy, who became close with Lester, has said a package deal is on the table for an interested team. Cubs are known to like both of them as well.

truth.. likes this

Rays announced their managerial search list. It includes Craig Counsell and Raul Ibanez among others.

If I were the Rays I would hire the guy that has been Joe Maddon's right-hand man for many years, Dave Martinez.

Rockies are listening on Tulo. If traded Tulo is said to prefer the Yankees or Dodgers.

Russell Martin will meet with the Cubs, Pirates, Dodgers and Blue Jays

truth.. likes this

.... Idk why I expect different. Rich get richer

When you've got money you can do anything. Tulo will more than likely be wearing pinstripes come Opening Day.

When you've got money you can do anything. Tulo will more than likely be wearing pinstripes come Opening Day.

I'd rather that than the dodgers.

Pablo Sandoval will be meeting with the Red Sox

The Giants would be really stupid to let him leave. He's a proven player in both the regular season and postseason. His proven postseason track record is one of the reasons it's a pipe dream that I wish the Braves could sign him.

Not sure what either of those two teams could offer up that would be worth parting with Tulo. Especially the Yankees.

Not sure what either of those two teams could offer up that would be worth parting with Tulo. Especially the Yankees.

It appears that the Rockies just want to get out from under Tulo's and Cargo's contracts because they're owed a boat load of money and both are hurt a lot.