Explain To Me, Why Bierman Is Still A Starter?

TrufantIsland

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much like Decoud, the guy just seems to have forgotten how to play. Willing to bet a change of scenery might help him out with a fresh start.

Hate to see a player that had an arrow pointing up and get hurt and then the floor falls out from under them.

That said, the people calling the guy names on Twitter should seriously have their hands removed.

If Bierman was so bad it would be impossible for him to be 4th in tackles on the team, far ahead of the guys you mentioned who are so talented. It would be amazing if any of you could use stats or facts to prove your theories but you can't because you were born ignorant and you have been losing ground ever since.

Everyone needs to stop focusing on the symptoms of this bad defense and focus on the real disease.

Biermann actually plays somewhat OK when he plays as a true OL/DE. However, what frustrates everyone is when he is out playing coverage against guys twice as fast as him or when he is not getting to the QB when we rush 3-4 linemen against 5 OL and a FB.

People similarly get mad at Worrilow because he is used too much like a safety in coverage on half of our defensive schemes. And, we then tell our CB's to try to cover WR's for 30 seconds while opposing QB's sit untouched. And, our CB's look like idiots when opposing WR's run downfield while opposing QB's have plenty of time to plant and throw.

The Nolan defense is a universal nickel scheme that assumes all potential pass catchers can be covered infinitely, the pass rush is insignificant, and running backs do not exist.

Biermann is probably overpaid and could be let go after the season, but the real problem is that Nolan is too overcommitted to his revolutionary new defense and has sold Smith on it. Otherwise, Smith would have either fired Nolan by now or at least made him go back to something simple.

Nolan is the real problem not Biermann.

If Bierman was so bad it would be impossible for him to be 4th in tackles on the team, far ahead of the guys you mentioned who are so talented. It would be amazing if any of you could use stats or facts to prove your theories but you can't because you were born ignorant and you have been losing ground ever since.

:lol:

Man.

Kroy is a starter because he is one of the better players on defense and he hustles! He is 4th on the team in tackles and as Troy Aikman said, and believe me, you are no Troy Aikman, Kroy Bierman is a pretty good player and I think Aikman has far better judgement than you when it comes to evaluating talent since he played in the league also and is a Hall of Famer

1fU33TV.jpg

Kroy is a starter because he is one of the better players on defense and he hustles! He is 4th on the team in tackles and as Troy Aikman said, and believe me, you are no Troy Aikman, Kroy Bierman is a pretty good player and I think Aikman has far better judgement than you when it comes to evaluating talent since he played in the league also and is a Hall of Famer. As for Steven Jackson, I think a lot of the problems have been caused by the massive amount of injuries to the offensive line. The majority of people on injured reserve for the Falcons are offensive lineman so I hope you can figure out now why these guys are still starting. If you can't you are better off becoming a Buccanners fan or something

Stopped reading after the bold sentence. Never go full r*tard.

Kroy is a starter because he is one of the better players on defense and he hustles! He is 4th on the team in tackles and as Troy Aikman said, and believe me, you are no Troy Aikman, Kroy Bierman is a pretty good player and I think Aikman has far better judgement than you when it comes to evaluating talent since he played in the league also and is a Hall of Famer. As for Steven Jackson, I think a lot of the problems have been caused by the massive amount of injuries to the offensive line. The majority of people on injured reserve for the Falcons are offensive lineman so I hope you can figure out now why these guys are still starting. If you can't you are better off becoming a Buccanners fan or something

emot-flame.gifemot-flame.gifemot-flame.gifemot-flame.gif WTF did I just read!!

The only way Kroy is one of the better players on D is if you're speaking from the perspective of the other team's offense. He helps them more than some of their own players by being on the field.

Was he good last year on the line before injury, I forget. He might've not even been on it.

No he wasn't, people saw him jam graham at the line and thought he had hope. This dude has made a career last by being butt cheeks, its kind of a miracle.

Edited by osiruz

According to advanced analytics. Mass’ Pass Rush Productivity score is the third highest among all 3-4 outside linebackers in the NFL, according to Pro Football Focus; Kroy Bierman, meanwhile, is 49th out of 49 players who qualify. It’s not even a question anymore, Jonathan Massaquoi deserves the starting role, and maximum playing time.

According to advanced analytics. Mass’ Pass Rush Productivity score is the third highest among all 3-4 outside linebackers in the NFL, according to Pro Football Focus; Kroy Bierman, meanwhile, is 49th out of 49 players who qualify. It’s not even a question anymore, Jonathan Massaquoi deserves the starting role, and maximum playing time.

The fact that he isn't out there much tells me how clueless this coaching staff is clueless. Clean the house!!! Starting with Smith and Dimi

I read this the other day and was like why is this guy riding the pine every game