Explain To Me, Why Bierman Is Still A Starter?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And why won't the local media ask him that question at one of the press conferences?

They like staying on the team's good side. After the Vikings loss they should have been asking the tough questions.

The actually did after the Lions game but Smith gave the same old answers and the media didnt pursue a real answer

I'm going to go back to my humorous line because I love it so much

Kroy Biermann is an example of reverse affirmative action.

Lol I know right. Biermann starting makes about as much sense as affirmative action does.

Because his coach Bryan Cox believes he gives us the best chance to win.

Then Cox needs to go. ANYONE that thinks Biermann should start is an idiot and needs to go coach pop warner. So if Nolan and Smittiot both think Biermann should start then they all need to go. Biermann is hot garbage.

Explain to me why Mike Smith is still the Head Coach?

Apparently Artie wants to tank the season, which doesn't make sense from his perspective. I'm fine with it though. But seriously, I can't think of one reason Biermann continues to start other than he's getting paid like a starter, and paid like a decent starter too....sickening.

Kroy is a starter because he is one of the better players on defense and he hustles! He is 4th on the team in tackles and as Troy Aikman said, and believe me, you are no Troy Aikman, Kroy Bierman is a pretty good player and I think Aikman has far better judgement than you when it comes to evaluating talent since he played in the league also and is a Hall of Famer. As for Steven Jackson, I think a lot of the problems have been caused by the massive amount of injuries to the offensive line. The majority of people on injured reserve for the Falcons are offensive lineman so I hope you can figure out now why these guys are still starting. If you can't you are better off becoming a Buccanners fan or something

I seriously don't get it at all?

I know we, the fans, are quick to make assumpstions and dispute our dissatisfaction towards the players. But what is the purpose of Kroy taking so many snaps? I doubt Nolan and Smitty cannot see how he has regressed and that Maponga or Mass are better suited candidates for the job. I could be wrong, but to me it seems like stubborness, committing to the plan before the season. if this is the case, I think Smitty should show some guts and make a change. The same thing goes for the running game. I wouldn't say Jackson has been terrible, and I still think he is a good grinder in the power running game. But Koetter should utilize Freeman more frequently. He brings a lot to the table.

Please explain this to me?

It's simple. Beirman probably looks good in practice, because he is going up against our OL guys, who are terrible. The coaches keep thinking that Kroy is ready to break out, because he looks so good in practice. It really is just that simple. This team sucks, because you have a bunch of terrible players practicing against each other. The level of competition at practice is not up to the standards of the rest of the NFL.

Kroy is a starter because he is one of the better players on defense and he hustles! He is 4th on the team in tackles and as Troy Aikman said, and believe me, you are no Troy Aikman, Kroy Bierman is a pretty good player and I think Aikman has far better judgement than you when it comes to evaluating talent since he played in the league also and is a Hall of Famer. As for Steven Jackson, I think a lot of the problems have been caused by the massive amount of injuries to the offensive line. The majority of people on injured reserve for the Falcons are offensive lineman so I hope you can figure out now why these guys are still starting. If you can't you are better off becoming a Buccanners fan or something

One of the better players? Really?

Guest facelessman07

First it was your threads, now it's your posts. They make no sense

Great players can't spot talent to save their lives. Troy playing football doesn't make him a sage when it comes to talent, see michael jordan. I remember a few years back when I had a conversation with duane thomas (ex cowboy), about the best runningback, and he said tim hightower would be the next ladanian tomlinson lol.

Lol

There's two scenarios that I find to be plausible, and both speak poorly on Smith.

1st Scenario: Biermann truly is the best player for the position. Which means that every other single player is not to his skill level. Which ultimately falls on the Smith's shoulders for not being able to develop his talent to at least Biermann's level.

2nd Scenario: Smith's loyalty to Biermann keeps him as the starter. Unfortunately being loyalty doesn't get wins or stop opposing defenses. As a coach you must start the best player possible every single week. Regardless of personal feelings. There have been numerous times when a player,who have had the "hot hand", did not receive additional targets/touches. In this league which has so much parody, you can't let personal feelings get in the way of business.