Surprise Pick Mock.

1-QB-Marcus Mariota-Just because BPA. Let them battle and trade off the loser in yr 1 or 2 no hurry.

2-OT-Tyrus Thompson

3-DE-Alvin Dupree

4-WR-Tyler Lockett

5-CB-Ladarius Gunter

6-TE-EJ Bibbs

7-FS-Dechane Durante

As I look at where we will pick Marcus makes sense since so many other options are so far behind.

Minus the Mariota pick, it looks like something Dimitroff would do.

Well it's a given you will be ridiculed for proposing we draft a QB with our #1 pick, for moving away from Matt Ryan period. Not even for it's absolute ridiculousness, but because Blank would never never never let it happen. Ryan is the only person in the franchise with 100% bonafied job security. As long as Blank is the owner, Ryan isn't going anywhere. He even alluded to that fact in this years State of the Franchise. He straight up said the only person who is guaranteed to have a job is Matt. I just see it as a waste of energy to try and go around that truth for the sake of a what if. At least try and be realistic. :shrug:

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

guys guys, we're obviously picking a kicker with our first pick. It's pretty much the only hole on our roster.

1-QB-Marcus Mariota-Just because BPA. Let them battle and trade off the loser in yr 1 or 2 no hurry.

2-OT-Tyrus Thompson

3-DE-Alvin Dupree

4-WR-Tyler Lockett

5-CB-Ladarius Gunter

6-TE-EJ Bibbs

7-FS-Dechane Durante

As I look at where we will pick Marcus makes sense since so many other options are so far behind.

Are you somekind of specially stupid?

Ryan needs a pro bowl OL, and a minimum of 3 elite targets to spread a good defense thin and keep the pocket clean for an ample amount of time. In a perfect world Ryan is great, just ask the Bucs.

Mariota is a running QB that gives a defense another aspect to defend. He is accurate and gets the ball out quickly which is why he has such a high QB rating. I dont want to trade Ryan away, but trading Mariota away even for 3 1st rd picks just might end up being a bad trade 10 yrs from now.

Mariota will not require an elite OL and may not need atleast 3 elite targets. I think he is Russell Wilson in Matt Ryans body.

All Im saying is always draft the best player available, always. You can trade commodities.

Guest King Jigsaw

Where's the "trade Ryan and draft Bridgewater" crew?????

I would love to hear their view on this one.

Banker banned them all a couple months back, remember?

Ryan needs a pro bowl OL, and a minimum of 3 elite targets to spread a good defense thin and keep the pocket clean for an ample amount of time. In a perfect world Ryan is great, just ask the Bucs.

Mariota is a running QB that gives a defense another aspect to defend. He is accurate and gets the ball out quickly which is why he has such a high QB rating. I dont want to trade Ryan away, but trading Mariota away even for 3 1st rd picks just might end up being a bad trade 10 yrs from now.

Mariota will not require an elite OL and may not need atleast 3 elite targets. I think he is Russell Wilson in Matt Ryans body.

All Im saying is always draft the best player available, always. You can trade commodities.

1) The "Ryan needs" stuff is inaccurate and overblown.

2) Players aren't pure commodities because of the contract structure in the NFL.

3) No one drafts the BPA "always" because your draft board incorporates need areas and stacking talent at one position leads to wasted output.