I didn't feel good about the 21-0 lead. DET was shooting themselves in the foot and we were getting lucky fumble recoveries. Sure enough it happened. I was pissed beyond pissation when buddy kicked the winning FG.

If I had read nothing on this board all day except your use of the word "pissation" , I would consider this day a great success. Thank you, sir.
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was watching the first half while chain smoking marijuana blunts, and not unlike myself the falcons were rolling. And even tho we were putting up points easy, something wasn't right. I wasn't excited, I wasn't happy that we finally looked competent, and I wasn't jumping up and down at every score like normal.

That's when it hit me... I wasn't excited because somehow, up 21 to 0, I had no doubt in my mind that we would lose. That has never happened to me before. Sure I have gone into games expecting less than desirable results, but there was always at least a tiny sliver of hope.

So we are up 21-0, I'm high out my mind and start to get sleepy, Alford intercepts the ball and smitty decides to display his v*gina. It was at this point i did something i have never done before...I turned the game off.

So i knock out with the birds up 21-0 and fully expect to wake up in the middle of the one o'clock games for the ticker to show me that we somehow snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Unfortunately I wasn't as tired as I thought, I wake up just in time to see the holding penalty followed by the Julio drop. **** you Atlanta Falcons.

So, up 21-0 going into the half....that's when I knew it was over.

During hard knocks training camp..

I've known the season was over since the Vikings game so while I watch I always expect we'll blow it.

As others have said, it's to the point now that when they threw the flag after the delay of game penalty/missed kick I was glad they got a do over. I knew Prater would hit it and we ABSOLUTELY deserved to lose that game. No need in having one handed to us so people can look back and act as if we're not a complete dumpster fire right now.

I was at least hopeful the loss would force a coaching change but...it did not.

Exactly how I felt.

do you agree or disagree? i mean ya the 3rd and 25 got them back in the game. you can point to that for sure. but, when all you have to do is run out the clock at the 2:00 minute mark you win 97% of the time according to stats people who posted yesterday...

No I don't agree. It should have ever mattered if Stone got a penalty or not. The Falcons can't afford to go a whole half without scoring because you can't expect the defense to continue to stop the opponent.

I agree with your point hateme. My point is looking back after the game finished they could have won without scoring in the 2nd half as pathetic as that is. It's ugly either way. But, fumbling an opportunity to run out the clock is what ultimately cost them that football game. Not scoring in the second half is just as bad but that game was a "w" at 21-19 at the 2 minute warning and Detroit having no timeouts left with 3 downs left. That's a fact.

I knew it was over after the Minnesota loss, and before that I new the team was not going to do anything relevant after the Cincinnati loss.

I actually wanted Mike Smith gone after the Cincinnati game, because of the way both teams came on to the feild. The Bengals looked fired up, determined, and they all had they game game faces on. The Falcons came walking throughout the tunnel just looking like the were going to work. They were not ready to play that game and it showed from the beginning to end. Too many times this year the team has looked that same way coming on to the field. What kind of message is Smith delivering here. Why do our guys look so out of place. It's coaching, and the Smith and anybody else that buys his complacent message need to go.

Edited by 4dabirds

Honestly at the end I didn't care if the Falcons won or lost. The performance in the second half was so incredibly disgusting, it didn't matter to me one bit if Prater made that FG or not.

I hate to admit it,but I had the same feeling at the end of the game. I wanted Prater to miss, but at the same time, I was thinking, that our team didn't deserve to win after that second half performance.

Edited by Falcon@Denmark

So I was walking around town talking smack to some Packers fans a few years ago before the Divisional round of the 2011 playoffs. They were all about how they were going to destroy us! I was like, no way! We’re 13-3, first round-bye, there’s no way you guys have a chance! This game is OURS! Well, Packers won 48 -21 sending the #1 seed home packing. I was crushed. The next season, some Giants fans were talking about how they weren’t concerned about “Matty-Ice” and the “Dirty Birds.” I was confident we would win, after all the Giants were a wild-card team that year (9 -7 in the regular season) and we were 10 – 6 #5 seed. There’s no way they can beat us right? Well, Giants won – **** the Falcons only managed 2-points in the entire game! Then came 2012, and the 49ers. Falcons again with the #1 seed, home field advantage throughout the playoffs – first NFC Championship Game ever in the history of planet Earth being hosted in our beloved city of Atlanta! There’s no way a first year starter can come in our house and beat us right!? NO WAY?!? I wasn’t confident that we could win after the years of heartbreak and disappointment, but I didn’t show it outside the house. Needless to say, when the Falcons lost that playoff game after being up at one point 20 – 3, that’s when I knew. That’s when it hit me; that this team will not win a Superbowl in my lifetime. It was a crushing blow to the die-hard fan I used to be, but since that time I’ve learned how to live with it. So during last week’s game, when we were up 21 – 0, I (like you were) was already prepared for this team to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and had already moved on to doing something else for the day. And you know what, that’s okay. It is inevitable that every Falcons fan will hit that “wall” at some point in their lives. We always have. We always will. And I’m here to tell you all that it’s okay. The Falcons don’t put any of your food on the table; they don’t pay your rent or mortgages; they don’t pay your kids tuition, or buy clothes for your families. Take the Falcons games as 3-hours of entertainment, and that’s all. Don’t expect anything more, because you’ll only hurt yourself.

Half time. The first half was too good to be true. I was chatting to a lions fan and told him that we were the worst 3rd qtr team in the league and would lose the game if we conceded the next TD. He thought I was joking.

Funny enough, I was also sat next to a Falcons fan who attended WLAF games. During the 1st qtr of the game he mentioned a London Monarchs game against the Montreal Machine that he attended in the 90's where the London team dominated the first half something like 28-0, lost the 2nd half by 35-0 and therefore ended up losing the game form an almost impossible position. If there is any team in the NFL who's could find a way to do the same thing, I knew it would be us.

you're being modest. It was last preseason when you said we were doomed, especially with no pass rush. This year you questioned the 4 vert and still pointed out that there is no pass rush before preseason game number 1. You sir, have been on the ball with this stuff. +1 to you

Thanks bro. You have no idea how much that actually means to me.