I saw it coming when they didn't attempt to get any point with 1:24 left in the half. There is a thing called momentum and he handed it over at that point. That was the moment for me. Also, failing to blitz on 2nd and 35 or even the 3rd and 25 said they were scared and nervous. This coaching staff is so easily rattled.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a bad feeling with the way the half ended.

Knew for sure on the 3rd and 25 (I mean, it should have been 21-3 there with the ball coming back to us!), and then the interception to beat all other interceptions doubled that assurance.

Was sitting in my living room in stunned silence with the way the game actually ended, but still, I had known we'd find a way to lose.

Absolutely pathetic display.

i honestly didn't think we'd even come from ahead to lose up 21-0. i knew it would be close though. the point for me where i knew we would lose was after the point where i knew we would win. when harry douglas caught the first down pass on a he11 of a catch, i just knew they could ice the game with a few runs and run out the clock to a few seconds where even our inept defense could hold them at bay.

but, the stone holding penalty in all actuality was what cost them the game. that resulted in the 3rd down play call of a pass. there is no doubt that another running play would have been the play call on 3rd down had they not stopped the clock with the holding penalty. even if julio catches that ball he wouldn't have gotten a first down, detroit gets the ball with a little less time but still enough time to win.

all in all, a win or a loss from that game doesn't hid the fact that this coaching staff - err mike smith - and throw TD in there, has lost its edge. they are looking over their shoulder worrying about not losing instead of showing some cajones and playing to put 50 on the board. can em all.

i honestly didn't think we'd even come from ahead to lose up 21-0. i knew it would be close though. the point for me where i knew we would lose was after the point where i knew we would win. when harry douglas caught the first down pass on a he11 of a catch, i just knew they could ice the game with a few runs and run out the clock to a few seconds where even our inept defense could hold them at bay.

but, the stone holding penalty in all actuality was what cost them the game. that resulted in the 3rd down play call of a pass. there is no doubt that another running play would have been the play call on 3rd down had they not stopped the clock with the holding penalty. even if julio catches that ball he wouldn't have gotten a first down, detroit gets the ball with a little less time but still enough time to win.

all in all, a win or a loss from that game doesn't hid the fact that this coaching staff - err mike smith - and throw TD in there, has lost its edge. they are looking over their shoulder worrying about not losing instead of showing some cajones and playing to put 50 on the board. can em all.

It's a sad day when we have to look at this game and say that the Stone penalty cost us the game.

It's a sad day when we have to look at this game and say that the Stone penalty cost us the game.

do you agree or disagree? i mean ya the 3rd and 25 got them back in the game. you can point to that for sure. but, when all you have to do is run out the clock at the 2:00 minute mark you win 97% of the time according to stats people who posted yesterday...

Honestly ??

Months and months ago..........when they announced the date and location of the game.

You see, any Atlanta team, any sport, on a BIG stage in front of the entire sports world........is a GUARANTEED LOSS.

Never......ever would I expect a win, I don't give a d.amn what the circumstances or who the opponent is.

LOSS.

THAT'S where we are in Atlanta sports in this life.

Ain't it grand ??

The 3 yard game to Antone near the end of the first half. That did it for me. I still held on hope that we would keep the pedal down in the second half, but something told me that it wasn't happening.

Ya know oddly enough and I havn't and will definitely not be rewatching the game but it looked like that was about to be an Antoine classic, looks like he almost made it around the corner and he'd have been gone.

I knew by halftime we were going to take a turn for the worst and Smith would manage to throw away this game. His passive approach has ruined that so many times for this team. I didn't want to believe it but I smelled something fishy from a mile away. Once Detroit put 3 points on the board I knew it was over, I was 100% convinced it was going to be the Lions winning that game. I continued to watch because I was hoping I'd be wrong but I wasn't. I don't know how I predicted that would happen but it did.

So I was watching the first half while chain smoking marijuana blunts, and not unlike myself the falcons were rolling. And even tho we were putting up points easy, something wasn't right. I wasn't excited, I wasn't happy that we finally looked competent, and I wasn't jumping up and down at every score like normal.

That's when it hit me... I wasn't excited because somehow, up 21 to 0, I had no doubt in my mind that we would lose. That has never happened to me before. Sure I have gone into games expecting less than desirable results, but there was always at least a tiny sliver of hope.

So we are up 21-0, I'm high out my mind and start to get sleepy, Alford intercepts the ball and smitty decides to display his v*gina. It was at this point i did something i have never done before...I turned the game off.

So i knock out with the birds up 21-0 and fully expect to wake up in the middle of the one o'clock games for the ticker to show me that we somehow snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Unfortunately I wasn't as tired as I thought, I wake up just in time to see the holding penalty followed by the Julio drop. **** you Atlanta Falcons.

So, up 21-0 going into the half....that's when I knew it was over.

I didn't feel good about the 21-0 lead. DET was shooting themselves in the foot and we were getting lucky fumble recoveries. Sure enough it happened. I was pissed beyond pissation when buddy kicked the winning FG.

I've known the season was over since the Vikings game so while I watch I always expect we'll blow it.

As others have said, it's to the point now that when they threw the flag after the delay of game penalty/missed kick I was glad they got a do over. I knew Prater would hit it and we ABSOLUTELY deserved to lose that game. No need in having one handed to us so people can look back and act as if we're not a complete dumpster fire right now.

I was at least hopeful the loss would force a coaching change but...it did not.

I became concerned when we sat on the ball at half.

I texted my fantasy league friends "Now they'll fall apart" immediately after the 3rd and 25 play.

Then I called pretty much everything 15 minutes before it happened for the rest of the day.

So I'd say the 3rd and 25 TD is when I knew it was over.

This is also when I knew it was over. I knew leaving potential points on the board would come back to bite us on the azz

I got tricked hard on Sunday, this team has become a professional troll. I woke up at 6:30 and turned on the game after only 4h of sleep, told myself I would go back to bed if we sucked the first quarter. We play competent and I decide to make breakfast and coffee at half time. Lo and behold, no sleep, no win and all I can say was same old falcons...