I'm Ok With Smith And Dimi Being Here The Rest Of The Season.

RI Falcon

I think it'd be crazy to let Smith or Dimi go prior to the end of the season. First off, it looks bad on us. Giving them the chance to fix things and possibly get hot at the end of the year in an open division looks good for potential future candidates. I don't expect it to happen, but it looks better.

Second, it's easier on the players. Firing mid-season puts the players in a stressful position and makes the team less appealing to them come free agency time as well.

It's not like we have Smith's replacement buried in the coaching staff, let these guys finish the season out. Evaluate. Then get yourself a new regime for 2015 (rhyming intended).

not to be rude, but don't you think losing puts the players in a stressful position

I have no problem letting smith go now, keep TD until season is over and then start with a new GM

the Team looks like it has no fire, almost like they just roll over and die. I blame that on smith

not to be rude, but don't you think losing puts the players in a stressful position

I have no problem letting smith go now, keep TD until season is over and then start with a new GM

the Team looks like it has no fire, almost like they just roll over and die. I blame that on smith

And who on this coaching staff is going to hop in and suddenly have us win the division?

You don't want your "outgoing GM" making a bunch of wild trades to try and save his job in a lost season. The die is cast for 2014 and we need a GM with a longer term outlook - not one that is trying to plug a dyke with 100 leaks with a bandaid trade or free agent pickup.

The heat from the media and the hate from the fans is going to continue to build around Mike Smith. As soon as the bye is over the only stories about the Falcons will be focused on whether Smith will be fired before the end of the season and if TD will go with him, blah, blah, blah. The fans dressed in red and black who began rooting for the Bears may be a sign of things to come for the remaining home games, with people wearing bags over their heads and brandishing "Fire Mike Smith" signs for the tv cameras. Keeping Smith here just seems to be nothing more than a monumental exercise in stupidity for all concerned.

The heat from the media and the hate from the fans is going to continue to build around Mike Smith. As soon as the bye is over the only stories about the Falcons will be focused on whether Smith will be fired before the end of the season and if TD will go with him, blah, blah, blah. The fans dressed in red and black who began rooting for the Bears may be a sign of things to come for the remaining home games, with people wearing bags over their heads and brandishing "Fire Mike Smith" signs for the tv cameras. Keeping Smith here just seems to be nothing more than a monumental exercise in stupidity for all concerned.

Any fans that actually HATE the man need to be in therapy

who is going to want to come coach here if you just cut your winningest head coach ever, mid season?

I'm o.k, with that, too.....in my opinion, it wouldn't be prudent to fire TD and Smitty, mid-season.....just doesn't look good as a team ---- not good on their resume, either, because up until the last year and a half, they've done fairly well. So I say give 'em some respect for that, and just wait until the year is over to make a change.

Besides, who knows what will happen in the next 8 games.

I know, I know ---- I'm a "Homer", and I admit it ---- just love my Birds!

But bad as I hate to say it, they'll have to go, if we don't go on a tear and win 6 of our last 8 games, which would keep us from having a losing season....that's the only way I see 'em staying.

Yeah, that may be "wishful thinking", but I would rather be an optimist, than a pessimist, any day!

GO, YOU DIRTY BIRDS!!!!!!!

who is going to want to come coach here if you just cut your winningest head coach ever, mid season?

When smith gets fired, I really doubt anyone seriously questions him getting showed the door

and i honestly would rather take a chance on nolan, robiskie taking the temporary job to finish out the season

they need to step up and play better. Especially the 2 receivers that ran their mouths saying they want 1500 yards a piece. FYI, Mike Smith and Dimi didn't drop a crucial screen pass pate in the game and they surely weren't in coverage on a particular 3rd and 25 play. Pretty sure I can name more plays throughout the season

they need to step up and play better. Especially the 2 receivers that ran their mouths saying they want 1500 yards a piece. FYI, Mike Smith and Dimi didn't drop a crucial screen pass pate in the game and they surely weren't in coverage on a particular 3rd and 25 play. Pretty sure I can name more plays throughout the season

I will agree with you on smith and Dimi not dropping a pass, and on the 2 receivers running there mouth.

But, Dimi is the guy who brings in the players, who for the most part, not to impressed with his ability to draft quality lineman

so that's why i said keep him till seasons over. firing him now won't prove nothing

And honestly the Team has become soft just like smith

I will agree with you on smith and Dimi not dropping a pass, and on the 2 receivers running there mouth.

But, Dimi is the guy who brings in the players, who for the most part, not to impressed with his ability to draft quality lineman

so that's why i said keep him till seasons over. firing him now won't prove nothing

And honestly the Team has become soft just like smith

I can't disagree that he has done a bad job drafting these lineman on both sides of the ball but in his defense, they apparently have had trouble developing these players as well. Look at all the lineman drafted at the end of the first round on down while he was there. Some of those guys ended up perennial pro bowlers. I can only guess that he thought the same would happen in Atlanta.

I can't disagree that he has done a bad job drafting these lineman on both sides of the ball but in his defense, they apparently have had trouble developing these players as well. Look at all the lineman drafted at the end of the first round on down while he was there. Some of those guys ended up perennial pro bowlers. I can only guess that he thought the same would happen in Atlanta.

So just a question, would you say its smith's responsibility to develop the players.And I honestly think this was one of smith's flaws