Osi On The Move?

clownorg

http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/10/27/7079869/nfl-trade-deadline-justin-tuck-raiders-osi-umenyiora-falcons-ny-giants

Stumbled onto this on my Facebook feed and found an excerpt or 2 intresting

A pair of former great New York Giants defensive ends, both of whom might now think they never should have left the Giants, could be on the move before Tuesday's 4 p.m. ET NFL trade deadline. Long time NFL reporter Jason Cole says that Justin Tuck of the Oakland Raiders and Osi Umenyiora of the Atlanta Falcons could both find themselves heading to new teams.

Cole said it was "absolute fact" that the 0-7 Raiders are willing to trade Tuck, a 10-year veteran who left the Giants after nine years when they wouldn't match, or come close to matching, the two-year $10 million deal he got from Oakland. Tuck can still play. He has a +10.1 Pro Football Focus grade, second-best on the Raiders defense. The 31-year-old has seen his playing time decreasing, however, as the Raiders begin looking to the future. He played only 14 snaps Sunday against the Cleveland Browns.

Umenyiora, 32, is seemingly being phased out in Atlanta. He has been used almost exclusively as a pass rusher this season and has one sack (against the Giants). Cole says the 2-6 Falcons will be sellers at the deadline and that the Falcons have been "quietly" shopping Umenyiora and other veteran players.

Neither player is really a fit for the Giants at this point, especially after GM Jerry Reese made it plain on Monday that he wants to see second-year defensive end Damontre Moore get more snaps. It is simply interesting that both former Giants could find themselves on the move at the deadline.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What time is the trade deadline? I guess I will be checking my phone all day at work until the deadline.

I saw that the Bucs are shopping Doug Martin and Mark Barron. I really thought both of those guys would be really good and was not happy when they drafted them, especially Martin.I guess I was wrong.

Edit to say, I looked it up and the deadline is 4pm.

Edited by JRid

I think we should be trying to trade Osi and SJax for whatever late round picks we can get. Those are two veterans that can play but that we can do without. We're barely using Osi, and SJax has the most competent set of backups in the NFL. We need to get more touches to Smith and Freeman anyway.

I'd also look at trading Yates, Jaquizz, and Biermann, but doubt we will get anything for those guys. Yates would need to net at least what we gave up to get him.

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

Osi is not bad, he's probably the best DE on our roster. Maybe even better than Mass, but he never gets any playtime.