First College Football Playoff Rankings

Carter

First official rankings under this new playoff system committee are due to come out tomorrow. Figured I would get this started in case folks aren't aware and we can taco bout it.

Projections are slightly all over the place so it will be interesting to see how things are lining up.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be wrong, but I don't expect them to be. From what I've seen, none of the talking heads want to put Auburn in the top 4.

They've only lost to the #1 team on the road and beat an otherwise undefeated Kansas State on the road. Auburn has one of the best resumes right now, the talking heads are idiots.

Margin of victory is not a factor according to the committee. So a close game with SC doesn't hurt imo.

They've only lost to the #1 team on the road and beat an otherwise undefeated Kansas State on the road. Auburn has one of the best resumes right now, the talking heads are idiots.

Margin of victory is not a factor according to the committee. So a close game with SC doesn't hurt imo.

They are idiots. I just have a feeling Bama will be ahead of us unless (and hopefully until) we beat them. But if we beat Ole Miss, the only team to beat Bama, I think that will help.

The rankings right now are beyond irrelevant. You have so many top ten teams playing each other in the next few weeks. It's going to work itself out.

Well of course, but where teams fall here may lend them an advantage down the road. The only one that "matters" is the last one on December 7th, but the rankings leading up to that will help determine it.

We always talk about rankings being irrelevant until mid season. Now we're getting the first playoff committee rankings ever in week 10. It's historical if nothing else... that Mississippi State will (most likely) be the first #1 team in these rankings is wild given their history.

Well of course, but where teams fall here may lend them an advantage down the road. The only one that "matters" is the last one on December 7th, but the rankings leading up to that will help determine it.

We always talk about rankings being irrelevant until mid season. Now we're getting the first playoff committee rankings ever in week 10. It's historical if nothing else... that Mississippi State will (most likely) be the first #1 team in these rankings is wild given their history.

What I'm saying is that Auburn, Bama, Miss St, UGA and Ole Miss all currently control their own destinies. If any win out, they will be in the playoffs. Obviously, it's impossible for them all to do that so their rankings this week are irrelevant.

Notre Dame just continues to be completely annoying. Number 6? Really?

this is where things are comical.. so notre dame gets credit for losing close to fsu and yet fsu hasn't shown at all they are even close to the best team in the nation. that doesn't mean they won't improve later in the season, but right now they have looked above average at best. the same can be said for the sec west teams and them playing each other.. they get the benefit of the doubt when they lose to another sec west team so they don't fall very far.

getting close guys..

this is where things are comical.. so notre dame gets credit for losing close to fsu and yet fsu hasn't shown at all they are even close to the best team in the nation. that doesn't mean they won't improve later in the season, but right now they have looked above average at best. the same can be said for the sec west teams and them playing each other.. they get the benefit of the doubt when they lose to another sec west team so they don't fall very far.

getting close guys..

I absolutely hate the reasoning. They lost close. Who cares!!! They lost. Thats their only "real" game so far.

It's absolutely ridiculous.