Poll: What Impressed You Most In Our Epic Loss?

What impressed you most in our epic loss???  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What impressed you most in our epic loss???

• Sitting on the ball with more than a minute left in the 1st half and our offense on fire.
    • Matt Ryan hitting a wide open defender who had no other players even near him.
    • Ishmael getting torched deep for a TD on 3rd and 25.
    • With 1:50 remaining and Detroit out of TOs, offensive holding and then a dropped pass to stop the clock twice when all we had to do was take a knee twice to win.
    • The refs finally calling delay of game on the Lions when it wasn't even clear cut and they missed the FG.

What surprised me is that I wasn't surprised when we lost.

I was slow to get on the 'Fire Smith' bandwagon. I feel like the best teams are the best because they have patience and stability. This game made me believe that patience, in this case, is just putting off what is inevitable.

Ishmael getting torched deep for a TD on 3rd and 25.

This in incorrect to a degree (as in 3rd degree burn)

The F'Kn Corner Back stopped persuit,, just F'kn Stopped.

(Boy needs a benching!)

That play was not designed as man coverage for the CB. Trufant was playing the corner and comeback routes while the safety was supposed to pick up the deep vertical or post route.

That was completely ishmaels fault.

We need a poll asking what has been the worst loss this year

1) Our absolute disaster in Cincinnati after the big NO loss

2) A rookie QB destroying us in Minnesota after our big TB win

3) The NYG comeback against us in the 2nd half

4) The Bears killing us in our home stadium to their fans delight

5) Having Flacco run over us in a blowout in Baltimore

6) Watching us blow a 21-0 lead with absolute stupidity agains Detroit

The TD on the 3rd and 25 was inexcusable. I was in disbelief when that **** happened. The Ryan interception was probably the worst pass I've ever seen him throw in his entire career. But the thing that bothered me most was the call to stop our offense before the end of the half. I just KNEW not going for those points was gonna come back to bite us.

We need a poll asking what has been the worst loss this year

1) Our absolute disaster in Cincinnati after the big NO loss

2) A rookie QB destroying us in Minnesota after our big TB win

3) The NYG comeback against us in the 2nd half

4) The Bears killing us in our home stadium to their fans delight

5) Having Flacco run over us in a blowout in Baltimore

6) Watching us blow a 21-0 lead with absolute stupidity agains Detroit

The Detroit game hands down.

You also forgot to add Smith aiding the Lion's drive by calling 2 timeouts when they were out of timeouts. That boneheaded move has largely been ignored for some reason. Sure he can argue he was saving time for a final Falcons drive (woulda been what? 25 seconds left?), but I was raging at each one he called. Smith can never make the right decisions at crucial times in the games. However, I am not laying the blame solely at his feet for some of the most inept plays I have ever seen by our players.

Ryan makes the worse throw of his career, Ishmael commits the dumbest mistake I have ever seen, Solalai gets a holding penalty and stops the clock (don't think I have ever seen a DT called for holding before), the guy we gave up 5 picks for drops one of the easiest passes of his career etc etc etc.

By the way, the maddest I got in the entire game was when Julio just stood there after that interception and watched the guy take it to the end zone when he clearly had a chance of tackling him. Fortunately, the play was called back, BUT because he didn't tackle the guy, we committed a penalty too and the play was nullified instead of getting the ball on their one yard line. Luckily, we manage to score, but that was one of the dumbest and more unforgivable plays I have ever seen. Watching any player just give up on a play is inexcusable. Julio talked some crap about putting the game on his shoulders earlier in the week, but like the rest of the Falcons it was just that - talk. Dude better pull his head outta his azz, and start playing like Mr. Blank is paying. The game is for a full 60 minutes Jones.

I've got to admit, I made a huge mistake not putting the Soliai defensive holding into the poll. The hilarious part about that one is that the Lions were UNBELIEVABLY dumb to run the ball right there. If we hadn't commited the penalty, they were going to need to sprint out there and kick a FG in like 20 seconds. This is the same FG unit that got flagged for delay of game with much more time to spare.

Edited by Coach_Petrino