Let's Give James Stone Some Credit

I would like to credit Stone with costing his team the game with his holding call. It stopped the clock and moved the Falcons out of potential field goal range.

But then I wouldn't be able to credit Jones with the dropped ball that stopped the clock and cost his team the game.

But then I wouldn't be able to credit a defense that gave up 63 yards in the final 1:38 and cost their team the game.

But then I wouldn't be able to credit Ryan with the interception that cost his team the game.

But then I wouldn't be able to credit Trufant and Ishmael for the blown coverage that cost their team the game.

But then I'd have to ignore several dozen missed tackles that cost the team the game.

Sometimes it's just easier to giggle and say 'Smittiot'.

Guest facelessman07

Julio dropping a screen pass doesn't help too much either. Just saying.

Exactly. Don't blame the rook who balled out when your "$100 mill" receiver can't catch a damm ball to save his life

He played well, much better than Konz and hopefully we have seen the last of him.

Can't look past the holding call though. Granted there are other reasons we lost, or led to that situation, but if we didn't have that penalty we would have won plain and simple.

We wouldn't have thrown the ball on 3rd down to stop the clock and Detroit would have gotten the ball deep in their territory with around 20secs left. It was a rookie mistake, he looks like a good player, happy to have him, and ultimately this loss isn't gonna matter a whole lot. We got plenty more to come.

There were so many negatives yesterday, I think we should focus on one of the positives. Rookie centers never are that good. Stone is an UDFA rookie. He wasn't great by any means, but we went up against the number one defensive line and didn't completely suck.

I am very interested to see how well he plays the rest of the year.

YES!!! GOOD JOB YOUNG MAN,STAY HUNGRY!

After hearing how it turned out while between my kid's baseball games, I did watch the first half offensive plays to see how he did. Stone is the kind of FA this team should have been going after all along. Lot of starts in the SEC. Anybody with a lot of starts and good play in a major conference. Hopefully he can play well and he can fill a hole next year. Hawley and Konz are not going to be at full strength.

Unfortunately I agree. If that penalty had not happened, we would have won the game. Plain and simple. But he did do a great job other than losing the game for us there at the end.

No rational person would say that one play cost us the game. Matt's int, inability of our defenders to tackle in open field, bad play calling, bad clock management. I could go on. The kid did well for his first nfl start as a ROOKIE AGAINST THE NUMBER 1 D.

Unfortunately I agree. If that penalty had not happened, we would have won the game. Plain and simple. But he did do a great job other than losing the game for us there at the end.

Julio's drop was far more crucial. We still had a chance after that call. And Julio is a supposed "star" WR. Like I said in another thread. A star WR catches that pass 100% of the time with nobody around him. Stone was SOLID in his first start.