Let's Give James Stone Some Credit

There were so many negatives yesterday, I think we should focus on one of the positives. Rookie centers never are that good. Stone is an UDFA rookie. He wasn't great by any means, but we went up against the number one defensive line and didn't completely suck.

I am very interested to see how well he plays the rest of the year.

Yea, that holding call was huge though. Just let him get by you and get the sack in that situation. Penalty stopped the clock.

Young guy just not knowing the situation I guess.

Not sure how or why that play happened the way it did. It was Suh of all people and for some reason, I feel Suh would of blown up that play and caused a fumble in typical Falcon fashion. Yes the holding penalty was bad but knowing the Falcons, it probably would of ended up being a fumble recovered by Suh with out the hold. It was a bad play and PREDICTABLE play call over all so I put the whole final drive on the coaching staff.

Yeah great job . Also Shraeder started for Carmini right? He looked decent too

Sad commentary about the talent of this team when several undrafted rookies are playing. We started two last season at LB and let two 2nd round LBs go. What does this say about decision makers for this team?

Edited by The Great American

Any equity gained in that game was flushed down the toilet with a holding penalty inside 2 minutes trying to run the clock out. Makes the whole game a wash. I agree he played well but Cardinal sin of a penalty. Timing of that penalty was as bad as a turnover.

I don't care either way though about his penalty. This team has bigger problems than running the clock out after scoring 0 2nd half points again. Losing 22-21 or winning 21-19 Id feel the same.

Any equity gained in that game was flushed down the toilet with a holding penalty inside 2 minutes trying to run the clock out. Makes the whole game a wash. I agree he played well but Cardinal sin of a penalty. Timing of that penalty was as bad as a turnover.

Unfortunately I agree. If that penalty had not happened, we would have won the game. Plain and simple. But he did do a great job other than losing the game for us there at the end.