Arthur Blank - Time For Action

JG2008

This post is a perfect example of why I believe there is witch hunt mentality. Posters just want Smith gone, facts be darned.

My Smith did EVERYTHING right, and the players dropped the ball (literally and figuratively).

• Ryan throws the ugliest interception of his career, when Julio was actually wide open in his field off vision.
  • Offensive holding when your trying to run clock. I knew in 70 pound football I couldn't hold in the last two minutes if we were winning. If pee wee players know that, I promise you every NFL lineman fully understand that a loss of 4 is better than a holding call in that situation.
  • Smith calls the safest pass on earth, and Julio bricks it. Fault him for throwing at all if you want, but he was taking a very safe opportunity to try to win the game. The execution of Julio Jones was the only problem with that call.

Smith's clock management was fine. AB is smart enough to know who executed and who didn't at the end of the game.

Time to hold players accountable. We should quit excusing their incompetence in our desire for action. In this game, our stars let us down. Ryan and Julio clearly get the lion's share of the blame for this one. For the record, I'm fine with getting a new coach. However, I'm not fine with gross incompetence on the part of our players.

Sorry FalconDave

Mike Smith's coaching style is defective

When a team constantly has 2nd half collapses

it is a loser mentality being bred by their incompetent coach Mike Smith

When the Falcons win it is because the players RISE UP to overcome Mike Smith's incompetent non killer instinct coaching style

This post is a perfect example of why I believe there is witch hunt mentality. Posters just want Smith gone, facts be darned.

My Smith did EVERYTHING right, and the players dropped the ball (literally and figuratively).

• Ryan throws the ugliest interception of his career, when Julio was actually wide open in his field off vision.
  • Offensive holding when your trying to run clock. I knew in 70 pound football I couldn't hold in the last two minutes if we were winning. If pee wee players know that, I promise you every NFL lineman fully understand that a loss of 4 is better than a holding call in that situation.
  • Smith calls the safest pass on earth, and Julio bricks it. Fault him for throwing at all if you want, but he was taking a very safe opportunity to try to win the game. The execution of Julio Jones was the only problem with that call.

Smith's clock management was fine. AB is smart enough to know who executed and who didn't at the end of the game.

Time to hold players accountable. We should quit excusing their incompetence in our desire for action. In this game, our stars let us down. Ryan and Julio clearly get the lion's share of the blame for this one. For the record, I'm fine with getting a new coach. However, I'm not fine with gross incompetence on the part of our players.

So incompetent the play calling, playing the wrong guy (Biermann) for scheme is the players fault?

BS, It is the job of the coach to not let players F--up in the final seconds in a game. If your going to run in that situation, just take a knee, no reason to run the ball actually, then call a pass, when you should have just knelt down again. Then he calls a TO with 34 secs when lions needed to spike the ball on third down,calling the to let them have time to run another play....stupid stupid decisions by the HC.

Nicks stfu the falcons will not win another game this season regardless. By firing him you at least state that his coaching has been unacceptable. who cares about winning at this point.??? an interim coach could not do any worse. 2-6, keeping smith maybe they go 4-12 instead of 2-14?? that's your logic.really just sthu

It's not really even worth quoting your post but you're not paying attention very well are you. There's a lot more going on than just lack of player execution, which by the way has some to do with coaching too.

The "season"

Is overwith anyway

The mid season firings send a clear message that

A Blsnk is not putting up with this same ol s-h-I-t anymore and gives us a jump on getting the best new coach and GM

So you fire mike smith mid-season and then you are guaranteed to lose the rest of the season. Firing a coach mid-season almost never works out. If he is fired it will be at the end of the season.

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

So you fire mike smith mid-season and then you are guaranteed to lose the rest of the season. Firing a coach mid-season almost never works out. If he is fired it will be at the end of the season.

Keeping Mike Smith won't work either. Firing Smith now, and giving another guy a chance to see how he can do with this team will at least give us an idea if we want to hire from within.

I will reiterate my position that I do not condone in season firings. I find they rarely accomplish anything productive. Oh, there may be a temporary boost in play, but like an adrenaline rush, it will soon return to normal.The danger in that, however, is that the fans and teams can be fooled by that boost into thinking the interim coach is the answer, though they rarely ever are.

If Blank started the season with Smith, there is nothing lost, at this point, by not letting him finish the season.

Edited by AREA 51