My Choices For Hc

brown bomber

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using the same argument that those of you who seem to want to retain Smith/Dimitroff use...

Look at Quinn's entire body of work.

You can't use that line of logic for who you want to retain and then abandon it for someone else others want to attain.

And the Seahawks won the 2014 Superbowl following the 2013 season so you're off by a year.

You are right I was off by a year. However my point still stands....... if you want to use his entire body of work as a DC he has one year as a DC that was great...and almost a half of year of pretty inept pass defense in fact they are among the leagues worst in several areas despite having 3 all pros in the secondary.

And if you wanted you could dig up plenty of fluff about Smitty and Nolan as far as listening to their guys and playing them to their strengths.

Guest facelessman07

Speaking of Petey..

As much as I hate his press conferences and how fast he talks, Pete Carroll lets the players be themselves. He doesn't try and play "hall monitor" with them. He doesn't try to shut Sherman up and he creates an atmosphere that players want to be apart of. There's a reason why he was voted #1 on the "coaches you want to play for" ballot.

Be yourself, but at the same time, be a team. Players will battle for a coach like that

What other coaches would've started a rookie over the guy who just got the fat contract? Maybe a few, maybe. Certainly not Smitty.

Even without Wilson, Carroll wouldn't have been "fired" by now, ludicrous statement and impossible to prove

Edited by facelessman07

Speaking of Petey..

As much as I hate his press conferences and how fast he talks, Pete Carroll lets the players be themselves. He doesn't try and play "hall monitor" with them. He doesn't try to shut Sherman up and he creates an atmosphere that players want to be apart of. There's a reason why he was voted #1 on the "coaches you want to play for" ballot.

Be yourself, but at the same time, be a team. Players will battle for a coach like that

Sounds like his players aren't doing so well at the moment. Every time they say it's all made up by the media another one comes out and says no it's really happening.

Guest facelessman07

Sounds like his players aren't doing so well at the moment. Every time they say it's all made up by the media another one comes out and says no it's really happening.

Harvin was an instigator of a lot of drama, so what did they do? Traded him for not much in return

They try and create a family atmosphere there, hence why they'll get rid of guys that try to disrupt that chemistry

And of course they're gonna be under a huge microscope, coming off a Super Bowl. In other words, a lot of things get blown out of proportion

Edited by facelessman07

After you saw our offense light up the scoreboard and having a HC that could go head to head with the best of them, you'd change your stance very quickly

I'd love to have SP as our OC but he'll have a pick of HC jobs if he's fired. He'll never settle for OC.

As much as SP could do with Matt Ryan right now I might be OK with him as HC but he'd have to bring us a Lombardi. Just to piss the Saints fans off! Us take their guy and and slap them around. It'd be bittersweet.

Still we have so many holes on the offensive line right now I don't see it repaired for at least two seasons regardless of who is HC or OC.

Too many holes everywhere and our guys can never just stay healthy!

Guest facelessman07

I'd love to have SP as our OC but he'll have a pick of HC jobs if he's fired. He'll never settle for OC.

As much as SP could do with Matt Ryan right now I might be OK with him as HC but he'd have to bring us a Lombardi. Just to piss the Saints fans off! Us take their guy and and slap them around. It'd be bittersweet.

Still we have so many holes on the offensive line right now I don't see it repaired for at least two seasons regardless of who is HC or OC.

Too many holes everywhere and our guys can never just stay healthy!

I was never referring to Payton as our OC. I would want him as our HC. But it's clear from what he's done in that swamp land he'd be calling most, if not all the plays. And I would be thrilled with that

People who say they'd never want him here are delusional. One of the best minds in football

O-line can be fixed in 1 offseason

Edited by facelessman07

I was never referring to Payton as our OC. I would want him as our HC. But it's clear from what he's done in that swamp land he'd be calling most, if not all the plays. And I would be thrilled with that

People who say they'd never want him here are delusional. One of the best minds in football

O-line can be fixed in 1 offseason

I would take him because if he did come and was successful here it would piss off Saints fans. That alone would be worth it. :wiggle:

Would love to have Dan Quinn as HC.

Bring in Rex Ryan(who will more than likely be fired) as DC and use the 3-4 and 4-3 Under similar to what the Ravens have been doing over the years. Rex is not unfamiliar with using the 4-3 Under defense some because he was the Ravens DC for 4 years before becoming the Jets DC.

It also makes sense because Dan Quinn ran a 3-4 defense at Florida that featured the weakside edge rusher(traditionally known as the Rush OLB) in an untraditional role known as what is called the "Buck OLB". A Buck OLB is a 3-4 OLB that is basically what a LEO DE is for a 4-3 Under. They are allowed to lineup in a 2-point stance and a 3-point stance out wide(often from a 9-tech) to rush the QB along with the ability to cover every once in awhile.

Quinn's 3-4 scheme is not really much different than Pete Carroll's 4-3 Under scheme in many ways.

Then get a pass rusher in FA(someone like Houston/Hali, Jerry Hughes, or whoever that is really good at getting to the QB) that can play 3-4 Rush OLB/LEO DE and draft someone like a Vic Beasley if possible to play the Strong 3-4 OLB position. Beasley could also play the SAM OLB in the 4-3 Under packages in a Von Miller type of role(which is really not that much different than playing the Strong 3-4 OLB position).

Beasley would be nasty and a matchup nightmare in that defense.

That would also be a great way to use Soliai, Tyson Jackson, Babs and others to their actual strengths.

Guest facelessman07

It's really sad that we're having to even talk about bringing in a new coach that will scheme around the players. Maximize their strengths and minimize their weaknesses, as far as game day preparation and play calling goes

It's almost pathetic really. I mean, that's just common sense. How hard can it be to figure that out? Yet year after year it's the same shyt

Edited by facelessman07

And if you wanted you could dig up plenty of fluff about Smitty and Nolan as far as listening to their guys and playing them to their strengths.

"Fluff" to you because you don't want Quinn. I get it.

There's no point in our discussing this any further. You're apparently willing to give Smith and Dimitroff yet another chance. I'm not.

We're done.