My Choices For Hc

brown bomber

Nick Saban 2015?

I have thought about Saban, but we all know why he would not be a popular choice in Atlanta. I am not saying I agree with those reasons or even understand them, but the reality is, Blank would probably be disinclined to hire such a polarizing coach at this time.

I do not pretend to know any better than anyone else on who to choose, just potentials to talk to. From the college ranks, David Shaw at Stanford seems interesting, and Stanford fairs better than most college teams at producing quality NFL coaches. He has NFL experience, and though he has no national championship, I put that in perspective with the fact he coaches at Stanford, not known as a usual power house, yet he has had some success.

Overall, I would just be tossing out names like everyone else, but I believe stealing from the staff of a recent Super Bowl champion with an organization, that is run well consistently competitive, is the proven route with the highest chance of success.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest facelessman07

I'm not sure i could still watch our games if that ***** was our HC.

After you saw our offense light up the scoreboard and having a HC that could go head to head with the best of them, you'd change your stance very quickly

I have thought about Saban, but we all know why he would not be a popular choice in Atlanta. I am not saying I agree with those reasons or even understand them, but the reality is, Blank would probably be disinclined to hire such a polarizing coach at this time.

I do not pretend to know any better than anyone else on who to choose, just potentials to talk to. From the college ranks, David Shaw at Stanford seems interesting, and Stanford fairs better than most college teams at producing quality NFL coaches. He has NFL experience, and though he has no national championship, I put that in perspective with the fact he coaches at Stanford, not known as a usual power house, yet he has had some success.

Overall, I would just be tossing out names like everyone else, but I believe stealing from the staff of a recent Super Bowl champion with an organization, that is run well consistently competitive, is the proven route with the highest chance of success.

Saban alienates everyone around him. That can work at the college level, but fails hard in the NFL.

When you said "college coaches with NFL experience," I didn't think of college HCs that jumped straight to being a HC in the NFL. That rarely works. I more imagined it as, college coaches that have had experience as a coordinator/position coach in the NFL, and are now HCs in college.

Saban alienates everyone around him. That can work at the college level, but fails hard in the NFL.

When you said "college coaches with NFL experience," I didn't think of college HCs that jumped straight to being a HC in the NFL. That rarely works. I more imagined it as, college coaches that have had experience as a coordinator/position coach in the NFL, and are now HCs in college.

I probably should have been more specific and said a head coach in college that has any type of NFL experience as head coach, coordinator, or positions coach. It is my opinion that any of those positions can give a coach the experience of working and learning how the NFL works. I believe most of the problems that a college coach faces when he jumps straight to the NFL is mostly caused with how he relates to the players. There are others things they must learn, but I think the lack of experience handling paid professionals as opposed to student/ athletes, is the major issue.

So my belief is this. A head coach successful at the college level shows me he can manage a team and coach, but it does not give me any reason to believe he can manage an NFL team. Now, if he has been in the NFL before as head coach, coordinator, or position coach, he has experience working in the NFL, that give me a reason to believe he has a chance at success having been familiarized with how things work.

A College coach, no matter how successful, making the jump straight to NFL head coach will be learning how things work on the job. This is bound to cause him and the team to struggle, and it usually does. Taking a successful college head coach who has the experience of working in the NFL and dealing with NFL players, makes him better equipped for the job in my opinion.

Edited by AREA 51

How the ever living **** can people watch all the drama with the Jets since 2009 and come away thinking Rex Ryan should be their team's head coach? It's mind boggling.

Give me a winning team and I will accept the drama.

Falcons are not the Jets, we don't make headlines like them and never will. Being in NY is the reason for the drama.

I don't want a team full of *****'s..... we need ********.

After you saw our offense light up the scoreboard and having a HC that could go head to head with the best of them, you'd change your stance very quickly

I don't give a **** what our offense did, i can't stand that bitchmade jerk. I can barely stand seeing him twice a year when we're trying to beat him, i'd probably kill myself if i forced myself to sit through 16 games of that rat face on the sidelines.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, i don't want any Ain'ts on my team, and he's the worst of the whole lot.

Dan Mullen is another guy we should consider... Dude made Miss. State football relevant again. They are my pick to win the National Championship this year. He has 42-28 record there in 6 years... We HAVE to bring him and his staff in for a interview. If we hire him, I could probably tolerate TD for another draft.

Probably

As a Mississippi State fan I disapprove of this idea. angry.png

Guest facelessman07

I don't give a **** what our offense did, i can't stand that bitchmade jerk. I can barely stand seeing him twice a year when we're trying to beat him, i'd probably kill myself if i forced myself to sit through 16 games of that rat face on the sidelines.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, i don't want any Ain'ts on my team, and he's the worst of the whole lot.

Courtney Roby was on the team earlier this year. Didn't seem to harm anything

The whole "he's been a Saint, I want him nowhere near my team" argument really has no foundation

I don't care where you've been, who you've played for, or who you've coached for, if you can help the Falcons and contribute positively then I want you here

Whatever is best for the team comes first. Highly unlikely it would happen anytime soon or ever, but that includes Payton coaching for us. Besides, winning tends to make one forget about everything else. Give me a coach that's been to prison and back over a choir boy if that's what it takes to get Arthur a ring

Edited by facelessman07

Courtney Roby was on the team earlier this year. Didn't seem to harm anything

The whole "he's been a Saint, I want him nowhere near my team" argument really has no foundation

I don't care where you've been, who you've played for, or who you've coached for, if you can help the Falcons and contribute positively then I want you here

Whatever is best for the team comes first. Highly unlikely it would happen anytime soon or ever, but that includes Payton coaching for us. Besides, winning tends to make one forget about everything else. Give me a coach that's been to prison and back over a choir boy if that's what it takes to get Arthur a ring

It harmed me liking and rooting for him. The foundation is I hate the saints, i don't want them on my team. I don't need anymore foundation than that. Winning doesn't make me hate the saints any less or want them on my team any more. If you feel differently that's fine, but this is how i feel.

If you've been in a Saint uniform i don't care how good you are i don't want you on my team, how hard is that to understand.

Todd Bowles - I've been high on him for a while. Very diverse background defensively. It's just a matter of time before he's a HC somewhere. Couple of key injuries and a suspension of a key player, and he's got that defense still rolling along.

David Shaw - Can't really put my finger on it, but I just like his whole steez. I love the brand of physical football he coaches.

Hue Jackson - It gets lost because of the way things ended for him there, but Oakland was starting to have that air of a bully when he was there. He had them in contention for a playoff spot on the last day of the season his first full year there. Brilliant offensive mind, and swagger by the truckload. They gave up on his way too soon. Might rub a lot of people the wrong way, but he'll never be accused of being soft. (just limit his ability to trade and we're good).

Jim Tomsula - leader of men. His players love him and play their hearts of for him. I can just imagine the defensive line he'd build here.

Dark Horse Candidates - i.e. probably not a chance in ****...

Jack Del Rio - I know, I know, another Jacksonville re-tread, but it's just a matter of time before he gets another opportunity, and wouldn't it almost be fitting. He's always coached a tough brand of defense, and he's got the corners here to play that press man style that he loves. And I can just imagine what he learned from the mistakes he made in Jacksonville.

Rod Marinelli - probably will never get another head coaching opportunity in the NFL (at least not without a college stop) because of the stink of 0-16, but to be fair, Detroit was a sh**y situation from top to bottom and he had a joke of a front office buying the groceries. He's another one of those take no sh** leader of men who's all about accountability. And he is one of the few coaches I have ever seen who could take just about anything you give him on the defensive line and get a rush.

Teryl Austin - coaches the #1 defense in the league. I'd like to see him do it again, but someone is going to calling, and former defensive backs always make the most interesting defensive coaches IMO.

Guest facelessman07

It harmed me liking and rooting for him. The foundation is I hate the saints, i don't want them on my team. I don't need anymore foundation than that. Winning doesn't make me hate the saints any less or want them on my team any more. If you feel differently that's fine, but this is how i feel.

If you've been in a Saint uniform i don't care how good you are i don't want you on my team, how hard is that to understand.

That is VERY hard to understand. Like I said in my original argument, if you can help the Falcons out, and Lord knows we need it, then I don't care where you're from.

Our boy Bryan Cox played for the Saints, now he's here. Blank must not have a problem with it

Without Joe Horn's leadership and mentoring Roddy, he might've never become the receiver he is. I'd say that move paid off

Don't let your "hatred" for the Saints cloud your thinking as to what is best for the Atlanta Falcons franchise

Edited by facelessman07

That is VERY hard to understand. Like I said in my original argument, if you can help the Falcons out, and Lord knows we need it, then I don't care where you're from.

Our boy Bryan Cox played for the Saints, now he's here. Blank must not have a problem with it

Without Joe Horn's leadership and mentoring Roddy, he might've never become the receiver he is. I'd say that move paid off

Don't let your "hatred" for the Saints cloud your thinking as to what is best for the Atlanta Falcons franchise

I don't care what Blank thinks, or what Joe Horn did for us. It's Blank's job to make the business decisions, it's TD and smitty's job to make this team better. My job, nay, my duty, nay yet again, my Pleasure is to hate the ain'ts and anyone that's ever played for or been a part of that organization. Joe horn could have won a superbowl for us i don't give a crap, he's still a dirty Ain't and for that i'm not going to like him. Simple as that.

You guys honestly believe that Sean Payton would consider coming here after all he's done for NO? That would be like Drew Brees signing with the Falcons, or Joe Montana signing with the Cowboys, Jordan signing with the Pistons, Jimmy Johnson coaching the 9ers or Bill Cowher wanting to coach the Ravens. Sean Payton will go down as the greatest coach in Saints history, and you guys want to bring him to the organization he has given **** to the last decade?

Neither Blank nor the majority of the fan base is that desperate.

Dann Quinn, DC for the Seattle Seahawks.

I see his name thrown around a lot here...... but I have to ask...WHY?

Yeah the Seahawks win the super bowl in 2012 and had a great defense but they have declined considerably this year despite losing no one in the front 7

I think everyone here would say the Hawks defense is more talented overall on defense but why are they actually worse than us in several areas?

For example as bad as we look on third down........ they are worse ( opponents convert 46% vs us and 47% v them

Their much much more vaunted secondary has given up 4 more tds than ours has in 1 fewer game

They are allowing a qb rating of basically 104 vs us allowing a qb rating of 97

They are allowing a 68% completion % vs a 65% for us

We have 4 ints and they have 2....and for all the bluster about us not getting sacks the falcons and the hawks have the EXACT same sack total. ( in more pass attempts

Now granted their run D has been pretty much leaps as bounds better but...... Do you really want a guy who has taken one of the supposed most talent secondaries in the history of the league and pulled them down to all in all being a worse pass defense then the falcons have now????

Sean Payton?

**** no

you would be crazy to turn down payton. you can hate him because he is a saints coach, but he is a great offensive mind. that cannot be questioned. the man mde drew brees into an elite, super bowl winning QB. 5' 11'', noodle armed, drew freaking brees