Our O Line Vs. Detroit Front

freebird310

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's attacking another team's strength and then there's being too strong headed about it. You need to test team's strengths but if your gameplan is to beat the other team's strength with your weakness you're not going to get very far.

But this is it you see we haven't committed to it that's why we are in the situation we are in now we have been beaten up and can't protect the guy who we've said here you go win the game for us.

How can we get at there secondary when Ryan has no time.If we go after there DB's early we are allowing the Lions defensive front to tee off our line from the jump.

For me I don't care how long it takes we have to stick with the RUN and quickly if we are serious about turning this thing around.

The Ain'ts have a horrible o-line too, got dominated all game against the lions in that sense, they still managed to torch the lions through the air though, because they adjusted to the lack of time and figured out how to beat the Lion's DB's quickly.

Of course in the end they failed but if we keep this game as close as they did i'll be pretty happy.

But you have to try it to bring them up and then push it down the field, otherwise we will have to rely on screens and playcalls where our receivers turn at the first down marker and have to drop back to make a catch that puts us in drive killing situations.

Right now teams know we just give up on the run and play accordingly. Too predictable.

Which is why i say i agree we can't give up on it, because it will open up the passing game. My argument is we won't Win this game by running, if we're going to win it'll be through the air, the run game will just help that happen.

The Ain'ts have a horrible o-line too, got dominated all game against the lions in that sense, they still managed to torch the lions through the air though, because they adjusted to the lack of time and figured out how to beat the Lion's DB's quickly.

Of course in the end they failed but if we keep this game as close as they did i'll be pretty happy.

LOL is that a joke you think its OK to keep it close then LOSE please your over.

There not going to allow us those chunk plays Julio will be doubled the whole game Roddy isn't lighting it up at the moment that leaves Hester and HD to do damage yes they are capable but without a commitment to the RUN forget about it.

LOL is that a joke you think its OK to keep it close then LOSE please your over.

There not going to allow us those chunk plays Julio will be doubled the whole game Roddy isn't lighting it up at the moment that leaves Hester and HD to do damage yes they are capable but without a commitment to the RUN forget about it.

I don't think it's okay, it's just better than i believe the game will go. The Lions are much better than the Ravens.

I don't think it's okay, it's just better than i believe the game will go. The Lions are much better than the Ravens.

Bro another reason for running the ROCK right now is Ryan is shell shocked and is turning the ball over like crazy right now we just can't afford that and while we may only plug the ball for small gains we won't be beating ourselves like in past weeks and with it being an away game man for me Running the Rock is a no-brainer.

The guys up front are getting pummeled in pass pro at least when you pound the rock you get a chance to get off the first shot.

Biggest mismatch of any teams this season.

How is your o-line compared to Minnesota's? I felt bad for Bridgewater that game. The Lions got 8 sacks, 14 hits, 18 hurries and 10 knockdowns.

Not trying to trash talk, sincerely asking if your o line is really worse than the Vikings.

How is your o-line compared to Minnesota's? I felt bad for Bridgewater that game. The Lions got 8 sacks, 14 hits, 18 hurries and 10 knockdowns.

Not trying to trash talk, sincerely asking if your o line is really worse than the Vikings.

When you have 5 o-linemen on IR and three more playing injured it's pretty hard for your o-line to be better than anybody's.

The Lions are 2'nd in the league in rushing defense, i don't think that will work any better. And i'm usually the one hoping for more runs. Jake is the only guy that's above average at run blocking we have left, and i know you don't like him.

It has to work better. We gotta run the ball more period. We need more balance and the way to help a struggling line is to let them get confidence thru the run game.

It has to work better. We gotta run the ball more period. We need more balance and the way to help a struggling line is to let them get confidence thru the run game.

I don't see how they will get confidence getting wrecked play after play in run blocking. I agree we need to run the ball more but it will be a means to an end this game, not the thing that wins us the game. I'd be surprised if we averaged over 3 yards per carry this game.

I don't see how they will get confidence getting wrecked play after play in run blocking. I agree we need to run the ball more but it will be a means to an end this game, not the thing that wins us the game. I'd be surprised if we averaged over 3 yards per carry this game.

Because they haven't been getting wrecked play after play thus far in the run game. It has Ben working but they abandon it every game. NO TEAM has shut out run game down. WE shut it down. And some of those loses were close enough to NOT abandon the run. I don't see it being any different even with Stone. We can run the ball. We just don't do it enough. And if the lions dline is as scaaaaary as you say it is then passing more than running d@mn sure ain't gonna cut it.

This is what you do you aggressive defenses. YOU USE THAT AGAINST THEM. Ends coming hard? Run screens and flares. Interior coming hard? Run draws and counters and traps. It's football not rocket science.

Runs sweeps, run stretch plays and Antone or Freeman. This sh!t ain't hard bro. But because we don't run the ball enough the line gets destroyed because the game starts getting out of hand and we get one dimensional.

The problem is we MAKE ourselves one dimensional by abandoning the run when the game is still close.

Because they haven't been getting wrecked play after play thus far in the run game. It has Ben working but they abandon it every game. NO TEAM has shut out run game down. WE shut it down. And some of those loses were close enough to NOT abandon the run. I don't see it being any different even with Stone. We can run the ball. We just don't do it enough. And if the lions dline is as scaaaaary as you say it is then passing more than running d@mn sure ain't gonna cut it.

This is what you do you aggressive defenses. YOU USE THAT AGAINST THEM. Ends coming hard? Run screens and flares. Interior coming hard? Run draws and counters and traps. It's football not rocket science.

Runs sweeps, run stretch plays and Antone or Freeman. This sh!t ain't hard bro. But because we don't run the ball enough the line gets destroyed because the game starts getting out of hand and we get one dimensional.

The problem is we MAKE ourselves one dimensional by abandoning the run when the game is still close.

The Lions do have the best D-line we've faced. I honestly see no way our battered and bruised o-line will be able to open up running lanes. Everytime i watch the Lions they just destroy everybody's o-line with just rushing 4. The Ain'ts got wrecked in the run game play after play and the Lions were dropping 7 back in coverage.

Again, for the last time, i agree we need to run more, it's simply not how we're going to win this game.

The Falcons o-line is so bad right now, that everyone on the Lions' d-line should be tried for capital murder after Sunday.

The Lions do have the best D-line we've faced. I honestly see no way our battered and bruised o-line will be able to open up running lanes. Everytime i watch the Lions they just destroy everybody's o-line with just rushing 4. The Ain'ts got wrecked in the run game play after play and the Lions were dropping 7 back in coverage.

Again, for the last time, i agree we need to run more, it's simply not how we're going to win this game.

So it's just a loss? We don't need to even post this week on the board because there's nothing we will be able to do. So we should start threads for the next game cause this is one is already a done deal.

You don't drop 7 guys against the run. They should be getting gashed if they're dropping lb's against a run play. Even still you HAVE to keep a defense honest whether it looks good or not with the run. We have a heavy oline and we don't utilize that enough in the run game. THIS is the game at least ONE of the backs needs 20-25 carries and a total of 35-40 carries for the game if it stays close. That's the way to win this game not throwing around the yard if you say they rush 4 and drop 7 on passes. That's where draws come into play and play action. But for play action to be effective you HAVE TO RUN THE BALL

Lions Fan..

This is actually the key matchup to the game in my opinion. With a gimpy bush and most likely no calvin (even though he is practicing and making cuts in practice now in london) the lions offense is not going to pout up a ton of points. Our secondary is incredibly week and Julio/White can run all over us. The key for us is to obviously stop them from even getting a shot at the ball and force Matt into mistakes or just sack him on repeat like we did the vikings.

If your O-line can hold at all and if Matt is getting some clean passes off we are actually in trouble. Brees passed all over us at will at some points of that game, even under pressure until the interception at the game that ended it. That win had a lot of luck involved.

I think this is actually going to be a close game.

The Lions are 2'nd in the league in rushing defense, i don't think that will work any better. And i'm usually the one hoping for more runs. Jake is the only guy that's above average at run blocking we have left, and i know you don't like him.

I really don't care where they're ranked. If they're at two drop em to five. Run on them mofos.

Running the ball requires, attitude, execution and patience. Run it.

Your gonna be drinking Stoli and V8 at 9:30am????

That's a cheap Bloody Marry.

My Bloody Marry recipe is also cheap but very tasty.

I'll use Smirnoff Silver, Mr. Boston (yes, by itself it is horrible), add some worcestershire and a blend of paprika and McCormick's cajun spice. I'll also use a skewer for the drink and on the skewer will be some tater tots, olives and sometimes some chunk chicken or steak. Good stuff.

We have no chance, Detroit will take a page out of Chicago's game plan against us. Sit on the short routes as they know that will be Dirk's plan, heck we all know that will be the plan, as Matt will not have the time. Hit our receivers as hard as possible if they can make the short pass and Hammer Matt into submission and defend the run on the way to Matt's lap..

Dirk has no imagination to create some trick plays to throw them off their game plan or any other creative plan.

We will be out-manned and out-schemed. This will get ugly FAST...