Missouri At Florida Game Thread

SacFalcFan

well will muschamp was the hot head coaching candidate out there that a lot of team's wanted.. he turned down tennessee and you guys paid him a lot of money to get him. i think his biggest failure was hiring charlie as OC. if he had done a better job with that first hire no telling how things would have ended up.

That and hitching his wagon to Driskel who should be a backup at best. Driskel is far too inconsistent and mistake-prone to be starting.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Driskel was the #1 QB recruit in the country. I do not blame Muschamp for going to him as "the guy" in his first couple years.

But the fact that he continues to go to him long after he has proven that he doesn't have it physically or mentally is worthy of a firing in and of itself.

Yeah, understandable to a point but it's stubbornness or maybe just being inept with that decision now. Harris or Grier should see more time. Maybe they'll just have to wait until next year with a new coach though.

I don't see how Muschamp survives this season unless the Gators manage to beat Georgia. I think that's a bigger factor in his job status than anything. UF had control of that series and it has turned around. As a culture of the UF program, I don't think losing to UGA 4 years in a row is acceptable at all and he will be out for sure if that happens.

Yeah, understandable to a point but it's stubbornness or maybe just being inept with that decision now. Harris or Grier should see more time. Maybe they'll just have to wait until next year with a new coach though.

I don't see how Muschamp survives this season unless the Gators manage to beat Georgia. I think that's a bigger factor in his job status than anything. UF had control of that series and it has turned around. As a culture of the UF program, I don't think losing to UGA 4 years in a row is acceptable at all and he will be out for sure if that happens.

They have to beat either UGA or FSU, maybe both, for him to be safe. Even then, it might not be enough.

Driskel was the #1 QB recruit in the country. I do not blame Muschamp for going to him as "the guy" in his first couple years.

But the fact that he continues to go to him long after he has proven that he doesn't have it physically or mentally is worthy of a firing in and of itself.

it's interesting that charlie also took jacoby brisset late in the same recruiting class and charlie preferred jacoby. after he left jacoby didn't truly have a chance. it's amazing how driskel has never developed.

I'm actually upset they had this bad a performance before we see them. As stubborn as he has been I think this will be the straw that broke the camel's back. I'd expect Harris to AT LEAST get a few series when we see them.

I agree that Harris gets no less than a few series per half, if not starts. I read somewhere (probably here) that Driskell helps several offensive players get lined up correctly, which points to why he remains the starter; however, with a bye week to work with Harris as the number 1 they could simplify and just let him have the reins completely.

And UF gave up less offensive yards to Mizzou than we did, so it's not like we're going to destroy them just by walking on the field in two weeks. We better be ready for a fight. If Harris leads them on a TD drive early and that offense gets some confidence we could be in for a long day.

It's always a tough game in Jacksonville. Very seldom is it a blowout at all. I fully expect it to be a hard fought game, but I also expect Gurley to reintroduce himself in a big way.

Yeah I really hope he's back. He loves going off on the gators.

And getting Marshall back would be sweet as well.

And apparently Mitchell was under the weather today so he didn't even really factor (1 catch even though he played a lot), so having him two weeks further along and healthy will be tremendous as well. Speaking of which, it's amazing how much more effective Conley and Bennett are when they are your 2 and 3 receivers as opposed to your 1 and 2.

Anybody else looking at Mizzou's schedule and think they could run it? There's no game on there that looks as daunting as Auburn coming to town November 15th IYAM.

They should lose at Texas A&M. I think UT and Arkansas can beat them, too.

UGA really can't afford to lose any of the remaining games though. That matchup with Auburn is scary to me, but the way our team is coming along I am thinking it will be a great game.

From ESPN: "Including this week, teams that have held their opponent to 120 yards or less are 147-2 over the last ten seasons. Both losses are by Will Muschamp-coached Florida teams. Saturday, Florida held Missouri to 119 yards of total offense and lost. The only other team in that span to lose while holding an opponent to 120 yards or less was Florida in 2011 against Florida State (95 yards)."

That's insane.

From ESPN: "Including this week, teams that have held their opponent to 120 yards or less are 147-2 over the last ten seasons. Both losses are by Will Muschamp-coached Florida teams. Saturday, Florida held Missouri to 119 yards of total offense and lost. The only other team in that span to lose while holding an opponent to 120 yards or less was Florida in 2011 against Florida State (95 yards)."

That's insane.

That's sad panda material right there.

Anybody else looking at Mizzou's schedule and think they could run it? There's no game on there that looks as daunting as Auburn coming to town November 15th IYAM.

Their schedule may not look daunting but they could lose any of them (except maybe Vandy) because they ain't very good. I see them losing at least two of them.

No. Missouri's offense is a joke this season. Everyone hyped up Maty Mauk all summer and he completes nearly as many passes to the opposing team as he does his own team.

Yeah I really hope he's back. He loves going off on the gators.

And getting Marshall back would be sweet as well.

And apparently Mitchell was under the weather today so he didn't even really factor (1 catch even though he played a lot), so having him two weeks further along and healthy will be tremendous as well. Speaking of which, it's amazing how much more effective Conley and Bennett are when they are your 2 and 3 receivers as opposed to your 1 and 2.

yep just having mitchell on the field has an affect on coverages. both bennett and conley getting better looks because of it.

That's insane.

It was also the first time that Florida has lost back-to-back homecoming games since 1946-47.

Muschump is building quite the résumé for himself.