Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheDirtyWordII

The Last Tdwii Observation: Message Received…

194 posts in this topic

I would notice. I remember you getting like a month ban and I was asking where you went.

Was 3 months ....was not Banker, was one of our mods that don't come around these parts much LOL .....I insulted some trolls and chit. Thanks for cleaning me up by the way LOL ....cool.png
Tuggle'2 likes this

I think TDWII believed his posts were a special labor of love he performed for his fellow Falcon fans. It was his way of giving of his talents and skills to enrich and add to TATF, just as Supes and Gritz do so hilariously well with their cartoons and illustrations. When his post was deleted it was a slap in the face and a stab wound to his pride. That ended his feelings of being a valued contributor and with that he wanted nothing more to do with this place.

I'm not a psychiatrist or a psychologist, but as an old poker player, I believe that when he finished what he had to say, he signed off and that was it. He hasn't read the first response and he is never coming back. That was his declaration and official Kiss My Azz, and to come back in here and read any of the responses might possibly jeopardize that sense of having the last word, which is his lasting victory over all those here who failed to appreciate his grandeur and majesty.

Tuggle'2, Knight of God and dmo_dlo like this

I think TDWII believed his posts were a special labor of love he performed for his fellow Falcon fans. It was his way of giving of his talents and skills to enrich and add to TATF, just as Supes and Gritz do so hilariously well with their cartoons and illustrations. When his post was deleted it was a slap in the face and a stab wound to his pride. That ended his feelings of being a valued contributor and with that he wanted nothing more to do with this place.

I'm not a psychiatrist or a psychologist, but as an old poker player, I believe that when he finished what he had to say, he signed off and that was it. He hasn't read the first response and he is never coming back. That was his declaration and official Kiss My Azz, and to come back in here and read any of the responses might possibly jeopardize that sense of having the last word, which is his lasting victory over all those here who failed to appreciate his grandeur and majesty.

poker players man

Well then good riddance to his snobbish butt

I agree with your assessment, but I still think the treatment he got in this thread is uncalled for. There is simply no justification for deleting someone's post unless it is against the COC, and it is certainly unfair to delete someone's post because somebody else's violates COC. It is a practice that punishes the wrong person. I agree that it shouldn't be taken personally, as it happens to other people as well, but it is still the wrong thing to do. The example you provide about Supes artwork is a good one; it would be downright disrespectful and insulting to delete his artwork thread just because someone starts posting crap under his thread. I also agree that the OP may have a perception of grandiose about himself that could rub people the wrong way, but so what? I can count a couple dozen of the most prolific posters on this board who have as big of an ego if not bigger, few of which have bashed the OP in this thread for being self-centered and egotistic.

JBender likes this

Trust me, it is close to an absolute certainty that he will be paying close attention to everything said on this thread after that original post. If he were just going to go quietly, he would have just gone quietly. His post was all about getting a reaction.

Whether or not he can face his mistake and start posting again with an ego that large is another story. He's really stepped in it here and the only way out is to simply humble himself.

I know all about the dangers of having my ego get out of control. When this happens, the truth always provides me a serving of humble pie sooner or later. The best way to handle it is to humble myself and realize im simply not as important as I thought I was, or that I was taking myself way too seriously.

Goal2Go likes this

I agree with your assessment, but I still think the treatment he got in this thread is uncalled for. There is simply no justification for deleting someone's post unless it is against the COC, and it is certainly unfair to delete someone's post because somebody else's violates COC. It is a practice that punishes the wrong person. I agree that it shouldn't be taken personally, as it happens to other people as well, but it is still the wrong thing to do. The example you provide about Supes artwork is a good one; it would be downright disrespectful and insulting to delete his artwork thread just because someone starts posting crap under his thread.

This post is remarkable to me. You act as if some grave injustice has been perpetrated upon this innocent victim. May I be so bold as to point out this is a privately owned message board? You are taking this all way too seriously dude.

Some questions for you:

Who says there is no justification to delete a thread because it has degraded into a trash fest? I don't see it that way and it's happened to me several times.

Who says DWII has been unfairly treated or "punished" as you say? I don't see it that way. What happened had nothing whatsoever to do with him. In fact, His original post is all about him making it all about him when it had nothing to do with him.

Who says its "insulting" to have a thread deleted? You have two events, the thread being deleted and then the reaction to it. Being insulted would be a reaction. I've had my posts deleted for what others did, posts I've spent time putting facts and research together, but never once was I "insulted". If he was insulted, that's on him, not the moderator.

Dude, TDWII himself said he's been posting here for up to 15 years. So in 15 years, he had a single thread deleted and you are ready to call Eric Holder. You really need to lighten up man, it just isn't that serious.

I’ve been a board member here for a long time. Maybe even since the late 90’s. What I do remember in what was still the early days of the internet back then was how excited I was to have found a place to share my love of the Falcons, have discussions with other fans about the teams prospects, joust a little with opposing teams fans about the prospects for that weeks’ games. I can’t say that I’ve ever been a heavy-duty poster. On this incarnation of the MB, I have but a little over 2000 posts which over 10-15 years probably does not equate to all that much frequency.

The thing I enjoyed most was the actual writing, especially when I had something to say…to get off my chest. And I always went by the assumption that any viewpoint, so long as it had defined, well-reasoned and thought out premise was a welcome one. Whether someone agreed or disagreed with the logic presented, I could still debate/discuss at deeper levels with other posters thoughts on the topic. Did they see merit in my points, did I see merit in theirs. In my younger days, I’d even venture to other teams boards and do the same thing.

Over the years I’ve had posts that have been universally embraced and ones not so much. But my thoughts on Ryan were probably the ones that produced the most derision. I never felt that any of the back-and –forth got out of hand. If a poster tried to make a personal attack, it was easy enough to ignore. I picked and chose the arguments/debates to get in and eventually the topic played itself out. The off-seasons are the toughest. It’s when the waters are most calm and there is no wind to produce any movement. Any and every topic feels as if it’s been beat to death…and Ryan has become that lightning rod where people have simply planted their flags on one side of the fence or the other. And what 16 games does is produce movement. Provides us new information to enforce, adjust or change are viewpoints on a multitude of subjects Falcons related. And through 6 games, I had simply started to get the same old same old feeling relating to Ryan. Where the greatness he was capable displaying was the exception, not the rule. And henceforth, I posted such.

The problem with censorship is once you start, it’s tough to know when/where/how to draw the line on where to stop. I know over the years, trolls and opposing teams fans have been banned/censored. In some cases I would agree with the reasoning…I think I remember a long while back there actually being an exchange where two people were insisting they were going to meet up at a location and produce epic beat downs. Physically. Yes…let’s get those two guys off a communal board being used to potentially commit physical violence on one another. I also think it’s very easy to badger/bully online when your true identities are hidden…and as such behavior that crosses those lines also needs to be dealt with. Banning an unpopular poster…well, your reasoning better be air-tight. Deleting an unpopular opinion? Yeah, not on board with that.

So imagine my surprise when I logged onto the boards to see that I couldn’t find my most recent post on Matt Ryan. Turns out, it had been deleted. I guess that’s a first for me. It will also be a last. I’m a dinosaur probably by today’s standards. I like my interactions/wisdom to be longer than 120 characters. And if that is the way the world is going…well life has always been about the new pushing out the old. It’s progress. At the same time, progress isn’t always positive…progress just means what the present day state represents versus the previous days state. Moving forward is probably a more apt definition than definitive improvement. And so if the AFMB has gotten to a point where my opinion, albeit unpopular, is removed for whatever reason there was for removing it…I think that’s my queue to bid you all adieu.

I’ll be shutting down the TDWII moniker for good. If high-level, insightful and thought-out conversations are not what you’re looking for on these boards, then I’m likely not someone you want here. And if the chance now exists that some random person has the ability to control my voice on an open forum…then it’s no longer a place I’d want to be.

I recognize that I’m in the Jerry Maguire, leaving with the goldfish in a bag position. This thread will drop to Page 4 quickly enough, if it’s not deleted altogether. If the people who deleted my original post want to censor my thoughts/posts on Ryan, I suspect they’ll be keen to do the same to this one. Fact is, I’d been posting infrequently enough to probably make some wonder if I still posted here.

I’ll leave you with a final observation though. It’s not a bad thing to engage in conversations here that challenge your assumptions. We’re all Falcons fans here for the most part and despite whatever angle a poster is coming from, at the end of the day we want the same thing; Falcons success. However that’s expressed, the tolerance here for viewpoints not in line with the ‘popular’ line of thought has waned dramatically. I’d just advise that open minds be kept. If an opinion or stance is presented in a thoughtful manner, before you reply, really try and understand what the poster in trying to say. Often times, I would look at responses to some of my posts and it was clear that the responses were made to a pre-determined viewpoint of what that poster thought I had written…not really to what I had actually written. I think there is a lot of good content here. And while I may not have responded to much of it, I enjoyed reading it and learned quite a bit. There is probably no better place to find great content on the Falcons than here…but you’ve got to sift through a lot to get to it. Take it upon yourself to clean the place up bit. We all know what good content looks like. Asking Arthur Blank to address the team so you can put a foot up some arses shouldn’t generate a Page 2. At the end of the day, this is no longer our place, it's yours, so I would imagine you can do with it as you see fit.

Anyway – thanks for the time I spent here.

We will miss you!! You are one of the better posters!

JBender likes this

This post is remarkable to me. You act as if some grave injustice has been perpetrated upon this innocent victim. May I be so bold as to point out this is a privately owned message board? You are taking this all way too seriously dude.

Some questions for you:

Who says there is no justification to delete a thread because it has degraded into a trash fest? I don't see it that way and it's happened to me several times.

Who says DWII has been unfairly treated or "punished" as you say? I don't see it that way.

Who says its "insulting" to have a thread deleted? You have two events, the thread being deleted and then the reaction to it. Being insulted would be a reaction. I've had my posts deleted for what others did, posts I've spent time putting facts and research together, but never once was I "insulted". If he was insulted, that's on him, not the moderator.

Dude, TDWII himself said he's been posting here for up to 15 years. So in 15 years, he had a single thread deleted and you are ready to call Eric Holder. You really need to lighten up man, it just isn't that serious.

I don't think that it is the point. There has been some shady things going on here lately. Look I am no Swift fan by any stretch of the imagination but he is not half as offensive as some of the topics posted on this board. If you just sit back and watch you will see there is a brotherhood thing going on here. I watched someone get banned for suggesting suicide to someone. They should have been banned without question and were. Then the following week it was suggested again and the person wasn't banned. The consistency of this board is about as consistent as our team. The idea to get more mods to help Banker was a good Idea. The problem is there is no consistency and there is tons of favoritism. I think the mods need some training and an expectation set that what is good for one is good for all.

I don't think that it is the point. There has been some shady things going on here lately. Look I am no Swift fan by any stretch of the imagination but he is not half as offensive as some of the topics posted on this board. If you just sit back and watch you will see there is a brotherhood thing going on here. I watched someone get banned for suggesting suicide to someone. They should have been banned without question and were. Then the following week it was suggested again and the person wasn't banned. The consistency of this board is about as consistent as our team. The idea to get more mods to help Banker was a good Idea. The problem is there is no consistency and there is tons of favoritism. I think the mods need some training and an expectation set that what is good for one is good for all.

The specific issue the OP has has Happened to me numerous times over the years, irrespective of who the mods are at the time.

Regarding swift, he has nothing to do with this thread or specific issue. many here feel swift should have been banned years ago.

I have not been on this board in what seems like 2 years. I love to talk about football but I got burnt out on the day to day of no real news and same old guys bitching about the same old things. Anyways.....so I don't know what TDWii said but honestly he is one of my favorite, AFMB "authors". Not from a football perspective necessarily but the way he articulates and could make even the most boring topic seem interesting depending if you like to read more than 10 words or not. To each his own.

Oddly enough I understand why this topic is here instead of the main board but at the same time it is funny it's in Pure Football.

Otherwise Uck the Aints and have a Merry Christmas.

The main board has become something just bad. It is somewhere between Twitter and Youtube comments. Everyone just thinks they need to state their opinion (and yes I see the irony). It used to be full of actual articles and useful information, but it has seriously degraded since the dawn of social media because it has made everyone feel so self-important.

The main board has become something just bad. It is somewhere between Twitter and Youtube comments. Everyone just thinks they need to state their opinion (and yes I see the irony). It used to be full of actual articles and useful information, but it has seriously degraded since the dawn of social media because it has made everyone feel so self-important.

You could have made your own thread for this instead of bumping this crybaby diary entry.