Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheDirtyWordII

The Last Tdwii Observation: Message Received…

204 posts in this topic

I'm fine with your opinions. I think they're frequently off base but whatever....they're reasoned.

Unfortunately, there are 2-4 people round these parts that deem it necessary to be absolutely terrible. And that got the thread deleted. You should probably do more to call them out rather than allege "censorship."

Just because those posters agree with (and further amplify) your opinions doesnt mean you should let them be.

that's pure BS right there and a mod out of control. You don't delete a whole thread due to a few posts in it that are out out hand, you delete those posts. That thread being deleted sends an entirely WRONG message, the message that yeah, as you said TDW, an opinion that's well thought out and voiced correctly isn't good enough to merit saving if a few a$$holes decide they don't agree with it, they'll just start an argument so it will be deleted.

so a few trolls or negative nancies can take control of the board THAT way if they can't just openly troll. I left here for over two years, I may be starting to remember why.

anyway, I bid you adieu sir. Didn't always agree with your opinion, but always appreciated the way you posted it and didn't make it personal. seems now they've made it personal for you, and that sucks

chazbykr likes this

....lord knows I have done a few things on this board I should not have done.

Me too dawg....LOL...Tuggle and Mono would have garroted the old Gritz with some of the crap I use to say to trolls.

I figured out that when you get down there in the ish with the trolls you get so much on you a lot of people aren't going to be able to tell you apart.

So I just don't do it anymore. It's definitely in "Whatev" mode for me now.

Monoxide likes this

Me too dawg....LOL...Tuggle and Mono would have garroted the old Gritz with some of the crap I use to say to trolls.

I figured out that when you get down there in the ish with the trolls you get so much on you a lot of people aren't going to be able to tell you apart.

So I just don't do it anymore. It's definitely in "Whatev" mode for me now.

**** pre-mod days. we HAD to abuse the trolls just to keep some sort of control.. Lord knows I'd be not only banned today for it. i'd be burned at the stake

**** pre-mod days. we HAD to abuse the trolls just to keep some sort of control.. Lord knows I'd be not only banned today for it. i'd be burned at the stake

I'm not going to lie. Some of it was fun. I even have a troll-smacking sig I never put up on here....

Matt Ryan bashing, threats of lawsuits, accusations of racism, bannings...

A day in the life at TATF.

I hadn't even made it to the 3rd page when I typed that. This is pathetic, guys.

That's what's hilarious. Have you seen his Twitter? He loves telling random celebrities to go kill themselves. We are talking about a literal antisocial person who's potentially dangerous. As moderators, we can only continue to ban him and hope someday he's offered a job somewhere and isn't able to access a keyboard 20 hours a day.

How is it that for 9 years I wasn't banned for criticism of a " black QB" but now all of a sudden banned cause I criticized a white QB? Yes someone in moderation is a racist . Just facts and please dude you look at my Twitter . You see football TALK AND HORSE talk and couple jokes. Lol @ anti social . I'm probably more friends with people on this board than you are that we chat everyday in our group chat and run a fantasy league for like 5 years .. LOL ANTI SOCIAL you ******* *********

Love to hear potentially dangerous . Are you scared of me monoxide ?

Administrator likes this

Most entertaining thread I've seen in a while.

Everything is more interesting when swift is here.

Real tears in my eyes.

This **** and 20 year old herb monoxide saying I'm potential dangerous and anti social

And my Twitter feed I yell at celebs to kill them self ?

Please show me 1 ? Maybe Vince Young years ago cause he cost me big money betting and fantasy and as a joke

Kid is stalking my TWITTER - potentially dangerous

This **** and 20 year old herb monoxide saying I'm potential dangerous and anti social

And my Twitter feed I yell at celebs to kill them self ?

Please show me 1 ? Maybe Vince Young years ago cause he cost me big money betting and fantasy and as a joke

Kid is stalking my TWITTER - potentially dangerous

You told Katie Couric to kill herself. What did Katie Couric do to you? Poor lady.

that's pure BS right there and a mod out of control. You don't delete a whole thread due to a few posts in it that are out out hand, you delete those posts. That thread being deleted sends an entirely WRONG message, the message that yeah, as you said TDW, an opinion that's well thought out and voiced correctly isn't good enough to merit saving if a few a$$holes decide they don't agree with it, they'll just start an argument so it will be deleted.

so a few trolls or negative nancies can take control of the board THAT way if they can't just openly troll. I left here for over two years, I may be starting to remember why.

anyway, I bid you adieu sir. Didn't always agree with your opinion, but always appreciated the way you posted it and didn't make it personal. seems now they've made it personal for you, and that sucks

Its not about making it personal at all. I don't have any ill will toward anyone here....even those that I clash with. Its just a football board...

I think its possible that a thread could end up so filled with nonsense from the one or two that its beyond saving. Or maybe it was just laziness on the part of the mod staff....because they don't want to spend an hour going post by post in an effort to cleanse the thread of troll influence.

Theres just no real reason to allege censorship.....especially in light of the fact that THIS thread still remains. As do the other TDWII trheads that express similar thoughts.

If its "censorship" why would it start now? And why would it stop as quickly as it started?

I just think more people should reject those certain posters....even if they agree with them. Gazoo and I typically agree but him and I have gotten into it multiple times because I feel that sometimes his style of posting causes trouble. Swift is the same way. Its not his opinions....its the presentation and degradation of discussion in general.

When swift and co were gone for a couple months, the discussion on this board was much more productive. There were actual debates that didnt get sidetracked by ridiculousness. Then, when the team loses three games in a row, what happens? Here comes swift and his band of merry men. Why do you think that is? Why would swift disappear for 2 months and then happen to resurface during turmoil?

Because he's a trolling malcontent that likes to ruin threads. Textbook troll. And I'll take some of the responsibility for feeding into it. But thats the situation. He feeds on negative energy and the board is a much worse place when he's around. Everyone should see that and reject it.

falconidae and citsalp like this

I been here....on and off...since Dan Reeves. TDWII....You are one of the best writing posters Ive seen. Your work was always the best writing on the falcons...bar none....pro or amatuer.

Its a freakin sad day....im sad for this forum...this organization...and us fans.

Thread was deleted because everyone else can't act appropriately. Had nothing to do with what this random guy on the Internet says. Delete a thread or ban/suspend 20 or so people? Delete the thread. Stop being drama queens.

Thread was deleted because everyone else can't act appropriately. Had nothing to do with what this random guy on the Internet says. Delete a thread or ban/suspend 20 or so people? Delete the thread. Stop being drama queens.

Cmon bro! You KNOW this board IS about drama. Lol

falconsd56 and Tuggle'2 like this

All you are is some guy that reads the majority or safe opinion of the board at the time and writes it up as your own(even your "controversial" Ryan opinion is just a rehash of other people's nonsense). I appreciate the effort, could care less for the content. Oh and quit being such a little baby over your one thread getting deleted. Get over it you pansy.Good luck elsewhere though.

This is how I personally feel. The fact he thinks his posts are worth the time to bother censoring is laughable. Nobody cares about this random guy on the Internets opinions. Not enough to hide them. That's just funny. Seriously, get over yourself. Threads are deleted all the time and always have been when posters get out of hand. It had jack squat to do with what the long winded OP said.

Cmon bro! You KNOW this board IS about drama. Lol

The conclusions people jump to are downright hilarious. We don't care what this guy thinks. Nobody cares period, let alone enough to censor someone. :rolleyes:

The conclusions people jump to are downright hilarious. We don't care what this guy thinks. Nobody cares period, let alone enough to censor someone. :rolleyes:

You know that same toughness this board cries about the team doesn't have? This board doesn't have it either. Lotta whiny boys on board. I've never been around this many cry babies at the same time lol

kew03, DirtyBird8711 and falconsd56 like this

You know that same toughness this board cries about the team doesn't have? This board doesn't have it either. Lotta whiny boys on board. I've never been around this many cry babies at the same time lol

Ive had plenty of threads deleted in the past. I didn't take it as some weird attempt to censor my opinion. That whole idea is beyond me.

What's really sad is you're desire to post a 9 paragraph essay whining about mods deleting your 20 paragraph diatribe about MR that was a carbon copy of the last 15 paragraph condemnation of MR you posted just 2 months ago. Go find a shrink to talk to if you are that desperate for attention.

LOL- Is that what that topic was about? "The pink elephant in the room" or something of the sort. I never once clicked on that topic and rarely clicked on any of OP's as the few that I ever checked out involved very simple ideas wrapped beneath a bunch of insipid fluff. That's really laughable if Ryan was the subject - Yeah no one has ever touched that "pink elephant" on TATF, well at least not with 20 paragraphs of fluff.

The Atlanta Falcons face an epic journey more perilous than the voyages of Odysseus. Having vanquished Polyphemus (New Orleans) they still face the sinister Scylla and treacherous Charybdis ahead. laugh.png

Apparently some here liked reading topics spilling over with metaphoric twaddle, to each his own but I always felt those posts sucked.

freebird310, Supes™ and Tuggle'2 like this

Ive had plenty of threads deleted in the past. I didn't take it as some weird attempt to censor my opinion. That whole idea is beyond me.

I feel you. I think this board is all some guys have and they take it very seriously. Kinda scary to me. I'd like to meet some of the guys in person. That'll tell me a lot about them. I'd like to look at some faces and hear voices in some of these debates.