Can We Get It Right By 2017?

Theyhateme : )

Something tells me a new coaching regime will have our season next year at 0-16. Look at Tampa Bay, they thought Lovie was the answer to Schiano's mess, Minnesota though Zimmer was the answer to their heaping disaster and everyone thought Jay Gruden would get Washington back on track....nope! Unless we pull a chip Kelly type move were just as stuck in the Mudd year 1 as we are with Smitty.

Edited by RideOrDieIce

I think if there had been a couple of moves made in the staff (smith, TD and at least nolan fired) during the bye week, we might could have begun to see a bit of a turnaround by the end of the season. Of course the question would then be, if your interim doesn't become your coach, what happens next year.

My biggest concern is what happened to Tampa after they got rid of Gruden. Went from limping to falling flat on their face for 6 years straight.

Couple of points.We're falling flat on our faces now and I don't see us coming out of it without radical changes.

Tampa's main issue was and still is the lack of a QB.

Rex Ryan is top 3 minds in defense in the NFL.

He will also be a HC next year guaranteed.

Just say 'no'. Rex talks a mean game but can't back it up. His problem is he commits to players (even stronger than Smitty does) and refuses to come up off of them when the season can still be saved. He did that with Sanchez and then again with Geno. He got lucky his first two seasons and has been coasting since then.

Can we realistically have a revamped defense or new defensive philosophy by the time we get into the new facility?

Of course the Falcons can get it right by 17, but they can also stay crappy. And even though I am completely down not he team right now, I know that AB is tired of not reaching his goal. I don't see this team taking anymore "best of what's left"t free agents. I see the team going aggressively after some free agent talent this offseason that's top their. Arthur Blank is not a cheapskate. AB and the F.O. may be slow to react sometimes, but they are not afraid to spend money. I can't imagine who'll they'll target, but I'm think that whoever is GM, is going to go after a big time DE/LB that gets after the QB, and a stud LG and RT for the OL. No way does this organization not go through a huge makeover this offseason. I look for Atlanta to go all in and spend up the cap and have to do some creative shyt to get back under it. I also think that Truant and Alford will be significantly better in their 3rd years, and I look for Shembo and Mass to be bigger contributors. Most of all, we will get a new coach who will be instructed to never play conservative. Will this speculation of mine culminate into a championship? It could or it could set the Falcons back even further if the new coach is a dud, and the new additions are not as advertised. Edited by 4dabirds

Rex Ryan is top 3 minds in defense in the NFL.

He will also be a HC next year guaranteed.

I don't know how you can 'guarantee' any such thing. You can guarantee it's your opinion, but you can't guarantee for absolute positive that will happen.

Just like I can't and won't 'guarantee' it won't happen, it very well might. I seriously doubt that Arthur (who didn't hire him in 08) would consider hiring him as HC now, with the record he posted in NY either. AB wants a Superbowl title, I personally don't think Rex is the guy who could lead this team (or many IF ANY) as a HC into a SB title. DC, he'd perform well in that capacity. Heck after living life under the microscope in NY for the last several years, he may even want to take a year off, and I can't say I'd blame him