Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

2014-2015 Atlanta Braves Off-Season Thread

2,094 posts in this topic

I agree that throwing everyday is better for you when done right.

I'll take Comcast Internet over the competition.

You probably didn't have many choices to choose from then.

Which do you prefer? Just curious. Cable companies don't compete against each other in the same territory, so those are out. I prefer Charter, but I'm lucky to live in their service area.

Which do you prefer? Just curious. Cable companies don't compete against each other in the same territory, so those are out. I prefer Charter, but I'm lucky to live in their service area.

I hate Charter.

I've lived in a lot of places, go away from Atlanta in Georgia and you'll be paying 3 times as much for 1/5 as fast of Internet as Comcast

The Braves have released minor league IF Tyler Pastornicky and non-roster invitee RP Jose Veras.

Them cutting Rev is a bit surprising. Don't see why they wouldn't just keep him in the minors or whatever. Not a surprise Veras was cut though. Saw a piece of the game last night and he was awful.

Them cutting Rev is a bit surprising. Don't see why they wouldn't just keep him in the minors or whatever. Not a surprise Veras was cut though. Saw a piece of the game last night and he was awful.

Just numbers. At AAA they'll likely have Peraza at 2B, Elmer Reyes at SS, and Pedro Ciraco at 3B. If Kelly Johnson doesn't make the team and chooses to accept reassignment, he's another guy getting IF play. In the OF they'll likely have Cedric Hunter, Dian Tascano, and whoever loses the competition (Cunningham, Perez, or Almonte), plus they still have Jose Constanza around.

The Braves probably did Pastornicky a favor by releasing him this early, it'll be easier for him to catch on somewhere else.

Why?

Because the service is awful. The internet is always going out, especially on Sunday afternoons for some strange reason. The cable freezes up from time to time. Trying to find any help on their website is horrible and it's next to impossible to actually talk to someone on the phone.

Wow, thats actually surprising to hear. Charter is great in my area. Never had a single internet outage or issues with the cable in 5 years with them.

Wow, thats actually surprising to hear. Charter is great in my area. Never had a single internet outage or issues with the cable in 5 years with them.

Well Charter in Cullman, AL sucks. Everyone here says the same thing.

Yep, must be. Been great here. 60mbps basic speed is awesome and it's very reliable and don't have bandwidth limits or at least enforce them that I've seen. I actually like their silver TV package with Cinemax, HBO, and showtime included with it for not much more than the basic one (plus other channels).

Charter internet does suck, but at least charter doesn't have that ******** data cap.

Yep, must be. Been great here. 60mbps basic speed is awesome and it's very reliable and don't have bandwidth limits or at least enforce them that I've seen. I actually like their silver TV package with Cinemax, HBO, and showtime included with it for not much more than the basic one (plus other channels).

Yup I have charter as well. Love it so far.

60mps for the same price as 15mps from other companies?? How can that be bad?

Braves appear to have slim chances with Olivera. Reports today say he's narrowed it down to the Dodgers or Padres

I can't say I'm surprised. I read this as he's chosen the Dodgers but is trying to milk them for every dime possible.

The Braves have acquired RHP Sean Furney from the D-Backs for "cash considerations". The 23-year-old joined the D-Backs organization as an undrafted free agent in 2013 and has pitched to a 3.74 ERA with 7.2 K/9 and 2.1 BB/9 in 182 2/3 innings. Furney worked mostly as a starter at Class-A in 2014, but he did reach Double-A briefly at season’s end, making one start at that level.

The Braves have released C Yenier Bello. Bello signed out of Cuba last year for a $400K signing bonus.

The acquisitions of catchers Jose Briceno and Chris O'Dowd from Colorado in the David Hale trade greatly increased catcher depth in the system.