Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

2014-2015 Atlanta Braves Off-Season Thread

2,094 posts in this topic

I just don't like the idea that the Braves are going to tear apart the major league roster just to rebuild the farm system which means the major league team is gonna suck major balls next year. Maybe that's why they kept Frediot around.

I just don't like the idea that the Braves are going to tear apart the major league roster just to rebuild the farm system which means the major league team is gonna suck major balls next year. Maybe that's why they kept Frediot around.

Braves might as well trade j.upton, simba, gattis, freeman, Heyward and kimbrel for nothing, but prospects.

Some speculation that the Mariners will come calling for Justin. They tried to get him from Arizona but he rejected the trade via his no trade. Reports are they may try again now that they have a better roster to present.

Some speculation that the Mariners will come calling for Justin. They tried to get him from Arizona but he rejected the trade via his no trade. Reports are they may try again now that they have a better roster to present.

Let them have him.

Not crazy about the Gattis talk either but the roster was so poorly constructed that if we need to make a move like this to get better overall then I'm willing to take a wait and see approach when Hart is done making these moves.

I think I'm just not in love with Bethancourt right now.

Not crazy about the Gattis talk either but the roster was so poorly constructed that if we need to make a move like this to get better overall then I'm willing to take a wait and see approach when Hart is done making these moves.

I think I'm just not in love with Bethancourt right now.

Bethancourt would be a downgrade imo.

DOB said you can expect the Braves to sign more pitchers like Wang to minor league deals. Hart wants to really boost the depth for the 4th and 5th rotation spots. He also added Hart told him they havent made any decision on Medlen or Beachy. Feeling is they'll pick one and give them an incentive laden deal with an option for the 2016 season.

Do the braves think they're the hottest **** on earth?

Keeping Fredi and ditching Gattis is a GREAT way to keep your stadium half empty every night. Whatever. I think it'll be hilarious when they're suprised no one is in the seats.

DOB said you can expect the Braves to sign more pitchers like Wang to minor league deals. Hart wants to really boost the depth for the 4th and 5th rotation spots. He also added Hart told him they havent made any decision on Medlen or Beachy. Feeling is they'll pick one and give them an incentive laden deal with an option for the 2016 season.

Braves would be stupid not to keep both. But if I had to pick one or the other I pick Medlen.

Braves would be stupid not to keep both. But if I had to pick one or the other I pick Medlen.

Yeah, I loved Beachy and like him better than Medlen. But with the injury history, you have to go Medlen. Beachy might be done

Yeah, I loved Beachy and like him better than Medlen. But with the injury history, you have to go Medlen. Beachy might be done

Well they have both had Tommy John surgery twice and Beachy is a year younger than Meds, but the reason I say keep Medlen over Beachy is because Medlen has a longer track record of success than Beachy.

Honestly not thrilled at thought of Gattis being dealt. However if it was one piece to a more complex puzzle i could buy in. Comments about the moving away from the one dimensional offense i agree with. If moving Gattis meant a move back towards pitching, defense, and some to speed to boot i could get behind that. If you could move BJ and CJ at the heavy expense of also moving JUp & Gattis you have a foundation to put some pieces in those slots and rebuld quickly while deepening the minors talent pool. A signing of Pablo and some speed and defense in the outfield would work. For those saying if you move Gattis you might as well move Simba, Freddie, and Heyward I believe its totally different. Those guys are younger than Gattis and although I do love the Bear, are much different players. More dimensions, more youth, and more upside.

Hart is claiming the Gattis trade rumor is completely bogus

Well somebody is fibbing then. Rumors were they were aggressively pushing gattis

Last thing I heard from the front office was that they'd wait on a new GM to pick a manager....

That was BS too

Well John Hart was named interim with the hope that he would eventually accept the job full time. Hart gave his approval of Fredi and then finally accepted the position full time. Reports are that Hart and Coop will act as co-GMs.

Looks like the Braves are listening to offers on Justin as he updated his list of no trade teams. Teams include the Cubs, Indians, Blue Jays, and Brewers.