Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

2014-2015 Atlanta Braves Off-Season Thread

2,094 posts in this topic

Some idiot will give him 5/$110M.

Extremely stupid. He's a great #2 pitcher but he's not a #1. Why? As we saw with Huddy in the postseason this year and for years with the Braves, groundball, contact guys generally don't have much success in the playoffs. Even Maddux and Glavine as good as they were had their share of postseason games where they got knocked around.

In a conference call with Braves season ticket holders, John Hart indicated the Braves payroll for 2015 will be "North of 100 million, south of 120 million”. This would be the same range as last season's $112 million player payroll.

Free Agent signing starts Tuesday. Qualifying offers go out Monday, Santana is still expected to get one.

I love it when a plan comes together...I came in here wondering when that started. Thanks Unkn0wn.

DOB reporting Santana is expected to get the qualifying offer. He also adds if Santana doesnt stay the Braves are expected to look for a top of the rotation guy. Likely through trade given the lack of available money for a free agent.

So they have 15.3 mil to give to a 1 year #3 starter but not the same about to give to a #1/#2 for multiple years?

Question.

Would you rather have santana

Or

Keeping Justin and letting BJ ride the pine? While also relying on Medlen, beachy, or hale

Question.

Would you rather have santana

Or

Keeping Justin and letting BJ ride the pine? While also relying on Medlen, beachy, or hale

Keep Justin and BJ. Santana was average and cost a lot of money to be a 3.95 pitcher in the NL

I hate BJ a lot, but Justin is an MVP caliber player

Keep Justin and BJ. Santana was average and cost a lot of money to be a 3.95 pitcher in the NL

I hate BJ a lot, but Justin is an MVP caliber player

That's where I'm at as well. I'd rather pay BJ 15 million to be a pinch runner and keep Justin, then to have 4era pitcher that we probably already have in the system

Remember Fredi benching TLS for Gosselin?

TLS - .328 OBP, 36 BB, 40 SO, in 360 PA

Gosselin - .304 OBP, 5 BB, 27 SO, in 136 PA

I hate Frediot

I never read up on the switch or anything because I had waived the white flag on the season already. But those numbers do make Fredi look worse

I never read up on the switch or anything because I had waived the white flag on the season already. But those numbers do make Fredi look worse

From what I remember TLS hit a little bit of a skid in August (WHO ON THE BRAVES DIDN'T STOP HITTING!?!?!?!?) and Fredi said that it was because pitchers had figured out TLS and he wasn't making any adjustments and he was going with Gosselin to give the team a spark.

From what I remember TLS hit a little bit of a skid in August (WHO ON THE BRAVES DIDN'T STOP HITTING!?!?!?!?) and Fredi said that it was because pitchers had figured out TLS and he wasn't making any adjustments and he was going with Gosselin to give the team a spark.

Yea bc BJ made some

Falconsfan567 likes this

Guys, I got a feeling that frediot is still here because our purse is tight and we could not eat that cash. When is his contract done.

His contract ends after the 2015 season and he's not making that much. Braves could have easily ate that.

Just predictions and no real rumors but MLB Trade Rumors did some predictions on where the top FA's will land. They had Santana and Harang both going to SF. However they had Bonifacio and Edinson Volquez signing with Atlanta.