I Think I Am Done Watching The Games On Sunday.

I am considering stopping watching the games. As much as i like Atlanta Falcons its hard to watch us get wrecked by every offense imaginable. No matter who the QB is he setting records against us.

Giants last night put up 0 Points ... 0 points yet we couldnt stop them for anything.

Cutler had 377 yeards in 3rd quarter and they were saying that was his second highest yards in his career... i wouldnt be surprised if it he didnt brake his record by the end of the game.

Teddy Bridgewater looked like Payton Manning vs us... yesturday he got 188 yards 0 TD and 3 INT vs LIONS

At this point i think i could QB vs the Falcons lol.

The worst thing is i waste 3-4 hrs watching the game and then i feel like **** the rest of the day. I dont feel like doing anything after the game.

Edited by MattyICE2Roddy
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100% truth. I didn't watch at game time. I enjoyed the day with the girl and watched the game on DVR after she went to work around Ten.

Much easier & no commercials (fast forward). I only wasted about an hour or so of my life for this miserable excuse for a team.

That's startin to look like my plan the rest of the season

Why stop watching? It is entertaining to say the least. Granted I don't watch a lot of Falcon games because I live in another state, but I enjoy reading the message boards. Yeah, I hate that the Falcons look like crap, but life goes on. Best thing is not be emotionally invested in any Atlanta team.

100% truth. I didn't watch at game time. I enjoyed the day with the girl and watched the game on DVR after she went to work around Ten.

Much easier & no commercials (fast forward). I only wasted about an hour or so of my life for this miserable excuse for a team.

Hmm if i had a DVR i think i might be doing that....or maybe just watching the highlights would be enough lol.

Why stop watching? It is entertaining to say the least. Granted I don't watch a lot of Falcon games because I live in another state, but I enjoy reading the message boards. Yeah, I hate that the Falcons look like crap, but life goes on. Best thing is not be emotionally invested in any Atlanta team.

Easier said then done bud easier said then done!

Edited by MattyICE2Roddy

I am considering stopping watching the games. As much as i like Atlanta Falcons its hard to watch us get wrecked by every offense imaginable. No matter who the QB is he setting records against us.

Giants last night put up 0 Points ... 0 points yet we couldnt stop them for anything.

Cutler had 377 yeards in 3rd quarter and they were saying that was his second highest yards in his career... i wouldnt be surprised if it he didnt brake his record by the end of the game.

Teddy Bridgewater looked like Payton Manning vs us... yesturday he got 188 yards 0 TD and 3 INT vs LIONS

The worst thing is i waste 3-4 hrs watching the game and then i feel like **** the rest of the day. I dont feel like doing anything after the game.

I'm telling ya. I lost my optimism for this season after the Vikings game. It's crazy because I still watch hoping we somehow turn the corner and show something different than what we've seen during this regimes tenure , but at the same time I know it's not gonna happen. I don't think I can remember a time where I started scouting draft prospects after week 4 of the season SMH

I have to admit that I'm starting to question my own fanhood because I just don't have any emotions or reactions to the weekly azz beatings anymore. It's to the point where I feel like why should I get all worked up for the games when the players and coaches don't.

I'm just tired of stressing and wasting energy over an inevitable failure that I know I have no control over. Im mentally done.

I have to admit that I'm starting to question my own fanhood because I just don't have any emotions or reactions to the weekly azz beatings anymore. It's to the point where I feel like why should I get all worked up for the games when the players and coaches don't.

I'm just tired of stressing and wasting energy over an inevitable failure that I know I have no control over. Im mentally done.

we need to send diplomats over to browns and jags forums to learn how they do it year after year

If it's affecting your whole day then I recommend it. I turn it off the minute it starts to ruin my day. My girlfriend has two kids and I can't afford to let a football game affect me.

Last year it was harder for me to just turn the games off and I finally rationalized it this way: if they aren't going to put a product on the field that is worth 4 hours of my sunday, I'm going to find a product that is.

I sit down to watch the game, but once it becomes obvious that it isn't worth my time and emotion to watch I'm done. Since about mid season last year my Sundays and Mondays have been much more enjoyable.

I'm still a falcons fan, but at the end of the day I can't let a bad game turn into a bad day. It's not my job to get the team ready to play and I don't have to spend my time watching a team that isn't ready to play. Losing is one thing, but this is beyond just losing.

I'm telling ya. I lost my optimism for this season after the Vikings game. It's crazy because I still watch hoping we somehow turn the corner and show something different than what we've seen during this regimes tenure , but at the same time I know it's not gonna happen. I don't think I can remember a time where I started scouting draft prospects after week 4 of the season SMH

Yea, I knew the season was done after the Vikes game. I'll probably watch some games but I certainly won't buy any tickets and could see myself hanging with friends watching competitive teams and just getting updates on the Falcons. Last two seasons have been extremely rough because unlike other seasons we were done after a little over a month and we weren't rebuilding or dealing with some devastating injury, etc.

That's my plan, clownorg. I have too many pressing things to do in my 'spare time' than to watch full games of a season that is, for all practical purposes, already over. Life is too short.

I've never watched one of those beheading videos. None of them. Ever. Not to compare cold blooded murder... these are two completely different things.

However, I get a sick feeling in my stomach watching the Falcons play football. Last year I watched with hope for this year. My whole life I've been glued to this team. From '66 on I've wasted so many hours waiting for the breakthrough. Sunday was the breaking point. I just don't care anymore.

I told my wife, yesterday, that I am free on Sundays the rest of the year. We will do things that don't give me a sick feeling.

I know how the OP feels. It is hard to get emotionally invested in the Falcons when you see that we are just not a competitive defense. It is literally like we are running a JV defense out there to play the Varsity offense.

I will continue to watch the games but I always record them and I don't necessarily feel the need - at least right now - to say that Falcons game is "must see TV" to watch it live.

If I can do something that is more fun on Sunday afternoons - spending time w/ kids and the great outdoors - I won't hesitate. What is the point in being miserable every week while our team crashes and burns?

Don't take it seriously. Go into the game knowing they're a joke and just laugh at all the mistakes you knew they were going to make going in lol.

Like when there was a thread saying Ryan was gonna throw a pick at the end of the game and sure enough he did.

You already know this team is cheeks so don't let em get you down. Just get used to the losing culture and it won't bother you anymore.

If it's affecting your whole day then I recommend it. I turn it off the minute it starts to ruin my day. My girlfriend has two kids and I can't afford to let a football game affect me.

Last year it was harder for me to just turn the games off and I finally rationalized it this way: if they aren't going to put a product on the field that is worth 4 hours of my sunday, I'm going to find a product that is.

I sit down to watch the game, but once it becomes obvious that it isn't worth my time and emotion to watch I'm done. Since about mid season last year my Sundays and Mondays have been much more enjoyable.

I'm still a falcons fan, but at the end of the day I can't let a bad game turn into a bad day. It's not my job to get the team ready to play and I don't have to spend my time watching a team that isn't ready to play. Losing is one thing, but this is beyond just losing.

It definitely is bro...

When i woke up this morning i was trying to see what i did during my weekend.

-On friday i went out with my friends had a blast. We went to Istanbul Cafe watched belly dancers, had a few beers, smoked hookah ( i recommend it to any local Atlanta brothas)

-On Saturday i went to my sisters went out to eat had a blast , came back we took her dogs out to park had a blast.

-On Sunday i stayed home whole day watched the game, got a headache, wanted to go to gym but didnt feel like it. My family came over and i came down but i didnt even to talk to them much just kinda starred at my phone while they talked so yah definitely affecting me negatively.

I was sick as a dog....slept through most of the first half by accident....sat up just in time to see what was going on....

Forced myself to stay awake through a NyQuil induced coma. When we tied the game I sat up and shook off the drowsiness. Started getting their @$$ kicked once again.

Threw back a shot of "green death" went back to sleep.

Oh well hunting season is upon us.

I need to spend more time with my family anyways.

C ya next year.

I know how the OP feels. It is hard to get emotionally invested in the Falcons when you see that we are just not a competitive defense. It is literally like we are running a JV defense out there to play the Varsity offense.

I will continue to watch the games but I always record them and I don't necessarily feel the need - at least right now - to say that Falcons game is "must see TV" to watch it live.

If I can do something that is more fun on Sunday afternoons - spending time w/ kids and the great outdoors - I won't hesitate. What is the point in being miserable every week while our team crashes and burns?

This. Also I will not purchase anything Falcons related. Not getting my money.

apathy is worse than anger. when you don't care, you've lost your fan base. this was atlanta falcons football save 1980 and 1998 for 50 years. until 2008. now, i feel like we sat in a delorian and hit 88 mph back 20 years. i no longer care. i do not believe in this franchise. i will be spending my sundays with my wife and boys instead of watching football.

this is THE worst defense i've ever witness play in the national football league. seriously look at the numbers posted by our opposition week in and week out. unless we catch a deplorable bucs team on a thursday night at home, we look like dog crap.

keep smitty, keep td...don't keep smitty, don't keep td. frankly my dear i don't give a dam.

I just go into each game with ZERO expectations of winning the game and it makes it much easier to deal with. I watch until they are getting their azz stomped and the game is "over" then I flip to the red zone channel and watch that.

It helps that I watch Sunday football with my dad and two of my good buddies who all play fantasy football with me so we can watch games to cheer for our fantasy teams, talk ish to each other, and take breaks to go outside and actually play a little football. Takes the sting out of your home team being a dumpster fire every week.

Trust me I (and many others here) feel your pain and can totally relate.. I find myself thinking "what else could I have been doing this afternoon instead of watching this garbage?"..fishing?, golf?, he!! working in the yard would have been more productive!

Exactly what i was thinking this morning when i woke up. What else could i have done on Sunday rather then watch us get beat down and constantly flip through channels because of 1000's of commercials that are shown each and every game.