How Was Worrilow's Hit Illegal And The One On Roddy Okay?

The officials are piling it on us. The NYG game was horse crap too. Officials will typically give the nod to the stronger team. Those calls/ no calls were just horrible.

That's BS. There is no conspiracy with NFL officiating.

The call on Worrilow was a mistake. Although it was slightly late, his momentum was already at the QB. It was a judgment call, but I would say it was a mistake (and so did the broadcast crew).

OTOH, the hit on Roddy was legit. It may have appeared that it was a vicious helmet to helmet, but he did turn his head and hit him with the shoulders.

The call on Worrilow was a mistake. Although it was slightly late, his momentum was already at the QB. It was a judgment call, but I would say it was a mistake (and so did the broadcast crew).

OTOH, the hit on Roddy was legit. It may have appeared that it was a vicious helmet to helmet, but he did turn his head and hit him with the shoulders.

Their helmets touched- that gets called a lot.

Roddy was not helmet to helmet, just got the **** knocked out of him with a shoulder.

Worrilow was helmet to helmet no matter how you try to shake it. But the refs goofed that one from the start.

Except Roddy got hit in the side of the head with the dude's helmet before his shoulder hit him and Cutler's head was only hit by the ground....

I hate the defenseless WR stuff. But the game has changed at least be consistent.

I've seen the "shoulder first but helmets still hit" get called plenty. Roddy got a helmet contacting him on the chin/earhole.

For Worrilow, whether he heard the whistle or not - it was a late hit after the whistle. Nothing about where he hit the QB or contact with helmet, it was just a late hit Personal Foul.

I said nothing about a conspiracy.

what game were you watching. I've watched the play several times and there was helmet to helmet contract

Hey man. The angle they showed on replay showed no helmet contact. If it was and there was something that I missed, oh well, I'm wrong. If you say you watched it over and over and didn't see anything, I take your word. I only watched it once and I saw no contact from the angle shown

Worrilow call was for a late hit. Nothing to do with grounding or helmet to helmet, because it was not a live play. It would be the same as if he had jacked up a blocker after the whistle was blown. It was just a late hit personal foul.

Roddy certainly looked to me that there was clear and hard contact from the safety's helmet. It was a live play, he was still "defenseless" in the process of trying to make a catch, and the safety had a definite "body lean". If that is no longer a PF, fine, but don't call it (or even better send a fine after the game with no flag) to Willy Mo or Lowery for the same hit.

Worrilow call was for a late hit. Nothing to do with grounding or helmet to helmet, because it was not a live play. It would be the same as if he had jacked up a blocker after the whistle was blown. It was just a late hit personal foul.

Roddy certainly looked to me that there was clear and hard contact from the safety's helmet. It was a live play, he was still "defenseless" in the process of trying to make a catch, and the safety had a definite "body lean". If that is no longer a PF, fine, but don't call it (or even better send a fine after the game with no flag) to Willy Mo or Lowery for the same hit.

so did Worrilow make contact with Cutler's helmet.

one angle looked shoulder to shoulder. the angle showing roddy's face it was clear it was helmet to helmet. someone surly has a giff of it by now somewhere. there was absolutely helmet to helmet contact.

me, i hate PI and defenseless anything. but, it sucks that they got a missed call on it. i miss the days of old where they played physical football.