This Ship Is Going Down - The Crew Is Going To Mutiny - Every Man For Himself

I think that both Thomas Dimitroff and Mike Smith both know they are in serious jeopardy right now - they have been in "lock-step" for 7 years but now its like they are both being interrogated in separate holding cells - it could get ugly in Flowery Branch - how much of it makes it into this "one newspaper town" media? I don't know. But heads are going to roll before season's end and I would not be surprised to see Dimitroff and Smitty start knifing each other in the back - behind the scenes.

Maybe it is in bad taste to predict this - but this season is a trainwreck and people trying to desperately hang on to a job might do desperate things.

Hopefully Dimitroff/Smith will calmly serve out their term and keep their dignity. Frankly, both of these guys deserve to be fired.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that both Thomas Dimitroff and Mike Smith both know they are in serious jeopardy right now - they have been in "lock-step" for 7 years but now its like they are both being interrogated in separate holding cells - it could get ugly in Flowery Branch - how much of it makes it into this "one newspaper town" media? I don't know. But heads are going to roll before season's end and I would not be surprised to see Dimitroff and Smitty start knifing each other in the back - behind the scenes.

Maybe it is in bad taste to predict this - but this season is a trainwreck and people trying to desperately hang on to a job might do desperate things.

Hopefully Dimitroff/Smith will calmly serve out their term and keep their dignity. Frankly, both of these guys deserve to be fired.

Its coming man...The media aren't aggressive enough in ATL but I think some things are about to start leaking, perhaps maybe it should happen to expedite this train wreck.

Frustrating watching your team never make adjustment, never develop or progress the talent we have.. Again, my argument is, HOW CAN YOU BE A DEFENSIVE HEAD COACH BUT YOUR DEFENSE ALWAYS IN THE BOTTOM 5 EVERY YEAR

Its coming man...The media aren't aggressive enough in ATL but I think some things are about to start leaking, perhaps maybe it should happen to expedite this train wreck.

Frustrating watching your team never make adjustment, never develop or progress the talent we have.. Again, my argument is, HOW CAN YOU BE A DEFENSIVE HEAD COACH BUT YOUR DEFENSE ALWAYS IN THE BOTTOM 5 EVERY YEAR

our team is just pathetic - Its part coaching and part personnel - I think its mostly personnel - if I had to peg it, I would say about 70% personnel and 30% coaching.

our team is just pathetic - Its part coaching and part personnel - I think its mostly personnel - if I had to peg it, I would say about 70% personnel and 30% coaching.

I think its Coaching because they do have a say in who gets drafted and they do assist in picking players. I just think that as a defensive guy, he should be able to develop some players eventually but its been 7 years and who on the defensive side has been developed?

Guest facelessman07

Takes some people longer to realize things than others

Homerism, to the point of drinking every last drop of Kool-Aid, is a chronic illness that affects one's judgement

One thing about the media from someone who tries to pay attention outside of ATL, you guys care more about the Bulldogs than you do your pro teams. Every time I tune into the radio there it's always college talk. I can't find actual Falcon talk unless I wait for hours for that small segment. So it's no surprise to me.

We are seeing the complete fruits of Mike Smith and Thomas Dimitroff at this point. This is where the process has lead us. This team is now 100 percent theirs and it turns out that they have systematically and unknowingly eliminated all possibility for this team to be competitive. Both lines suck. The defense is in total array. Depth is horrid on both side. Dimitroffs incessant trading away of draft picks and both him and smiths inability to diagnosis talent, have crippled the team for several years to come.

I think the personnel on this team is not that good. However; I bet another coaching staff would come in and get more from them than we do. A lot of this is stubbornness. We do the same thing. We dont make adjustments. Someone else would get more from them. That being said; many would get cleaned out by a new regime.