*** Official All Your Fire Smittiot Posts Thread ***

Bawse

COACHING CHANGE  

177 members have voted

1. 1. COULD A COACHING CHANGE TURN THIS YEARS SEASON AROUND?

• Yes: Tice could do it
    • Yes: Robiskie could do it
    • Yes: Koetter could do it
    • Yes: Nolan could do it
    • No, we are done for no matter who is coaching

If Nolan gets canned early, and Smith has to take over the D watch out. It will only get worse

I honestly don't think so. Not that Smitty is going to be great but Nolan is getting out schemed week after week. He keeps putting us in positions with mismatches that get us torched. I doubt we'll see Biermann covering the likes of Greg Jennings or similar things if he took over.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest facelessman07

I honestly don't think so. Not that Smitty is going to be great but Nolan is getting out schemed week after week. He keeps putting us in positions with mismatches that get us torched. I doubt we'll see Biermann covering the likes of Greg Jennings or similar things if he took over.

You honestly think Smith can game plan better?

History says Nolan is a better X's and O's guy than Smith

I just said in the other thread before seeing this one we should start a petition to have their ***** fired. I'm sick of this and refuse to sit here and watch this garbage any longer until they are fired. It's shameful what they have put on the field year after year. I mean are we just going to sit here and whine on a message board or be loud and at least try and be heard?

I'm all for a new regime. But a petition won't do a **** thing.

You honestly think Smith can game plan better?

History says Nolan is a better X's and O's guy than Smith

How so? I know what I'm seeing from Nolan right now and he seems to have no idea what he's doing out there and the best he can do is blame the talent. Smitty really has no choice but to take over at this stage. His defenses were pretty good his last 3 years as DC in Jacksonville without doing things like having Worrilow essentially playing safety, etc. it's as if Nolan is trying to outsmart teams and it's just making him look foolish in the process.

How so? I know what I'm seeing from Nolan right now and he seems to have no idea what he's doing out there and the best he can do is blame the talent. Smitty really has no choice but to take over at this stage. His defenses were pretty good his last 3 years as DC in Jacksonville without doing things like having Worrilow essentially playing safety, etc. it's as if Nolan is trying to outsmart teams and it's just making him look foolish in the process.

He has to try to outsmart them... we don't have the horses to outplay them...

Just saying.

While I do think talent is an issue, solid coaching would help. Look at Dallas from last year to this year...they actually lost Ware, Hatcher, Sean Lee, etc. but Marinelli > Kiffin.

I agree; Saints were the same... historically bad D one year then top 4 with a coaching change...

But as I've posted all night long, in any thread of relevance, "We've already changed coordinators once, and the results have been pretty much the same. It's time to change the Constant (Smith) and see what we really have on this team... coaches and players, WITHOUT SMITH'S INFLUENCE AS HC. I just feel that as long as Smitty is HC, we won't be seeing the best we can from anyone. The locker room has got to be feeling the same as the fanbase... they ALL had "Give Up" in their eyes today...

it's as if Nolan is trying to outsmart teams and it's just making him look foolish in the process.

Yea, it's called lack of talent and having a full set of underachievers at linebacker.

Not that this should be an excuse, a coordinator with his pedigree should actually be able to outsmart teams a little better.

Edited by Mr. Lubba Lubba©

The talent is a big portion of it. The guys we signed are decent, but we haven't made a big signing on defense since Abraham. Outside of that was... Asante? And we let Grimes go.

This isn't the NBA, this is a coach's league. Look at the difference of the 49ers the season before and the season of Jim Harbaugh. Huge, instant contenders. Just need a coaching staff that gives a darn. Some emotion, passion, aggression.

Yea, it's called lack of talent and having a full set of underachievers at linebacker.

Not that this should be an excuse, a coordinator with his pedigree should actually be able to outsmart teams a little better.

Like I said above, talent is certainly an issue but coaching is a big issue here too.

I agree; Saints were the same... historically bad D one year then top 4 with a coaching change...

But as I've posted all night long, in any thread of relevance, "We've already changed coordinators once, and the results have been pretty much the same. It's time to change the Constant (Smith) and see what we really have on this team... coaches and players, WITHOUT SMITH'S INFLUENCE AS HC. I just feel that as long as Smitty is HC, we won't be seeing the best we can from anyone. The locker room has got to be feeling the same as the fanbase... they ALL had "Give Up" in their eyes today...

I agree. While I think TD deserves just as much heat Smitty is out of excuses. They played the "blame the coordinators" game in 2011. Can't play that again and in 7 years there's no reason for you to have the one of the worst defenses in the league and an offense that was supposed to be high powered but can't score more than 13 at home.

I agree. While I think TD deserves just as much heat Smitty is out of excuses. They played the "blame the coordinators" game in 2011. Can't play that again and in 7 years there's no reason for you to have the one of the worst defenses in the league and an offense that was supposed to be high powered but can't score more than 13 at home.

Yeah, went from averaging 30 points, +400 yards to less than 20 a game.

Guest facelessman07

How do we know Smith isn't meddling in the gameplan?

Everywhere else Nolan has been, his defenses looked completely different. He didn't just come to Atlanta and change his entire philosophy. This defense shares many other commonalities with other D's Smith has fielded during his time here. Common denominator

We had slow LB's and DE's dropping into coverage before Nolan got here. Many teams do, but the successful ones have the skill-set to do well in that area

This team has no fight or passion. Why haven't I seen Mike Smith throw a head set or call out the players? It almost seems like he knows he has the job for 10+ more years and isn't worried about getting let go. Thanks for the fun years of 2010-2012 but see ya! Please fire Smitty and give us something to hope in.