Smith Says The Responsibility For The Loss Falls Solely On Him

Guest facelessman07

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broken record. He's a lame duck now. If the players want him, they will fight like heck, but if they don't, season will be tanked.

Agreed. The way the team has fallen apart in the last two games, I can't see it lasting much longer before players start tuning Smith out (if some haven't already) and then everything goes to crap. I think 11 of us on this board could score on out defense.

Guest facelessman07

Hate to rain on the parade for everyone, but the only mid-season firing that might happen is Nolan. Smith will last the entire year.

Source?

The responsibility does fall on Smith. This team keeps looking like garbage on D, because of penalties, being out position, tackling, playing stupid…All of which are basic fundamentals. It comes down to coaching and if a team is prepared to play.

On offense, we can't run a no huddle, because we are not prepared to do that either. Also, coaching.

On another note TD is responsible for the current demise, because he can't assemble a defense for anything

It doesn't help when the HC makes the comment that they prepared for the situation where they couldn't trust their own defense on their own 29 yard line and that they would go for it on 4th.

I'm left wondering why they even need to discuss or prepare for that? You're the HC, just make the call when the time comes, guy. Everyone else should be preparing the team not preparing with you on a contingency plan because you can't field an NFL quality defense.

Guest facelessman07

Probably the same source as last season when it was only the injuries that were to blame.

Yeah that's what I thought. That "source" being their own opinion

We got up by 10, then right into timid, afraid, bitchmade playcalling. "Oh, we're in the lead?? Let's try not to lose!!"

This!!! Fk this staff. I want to clean house right now. I hope AB is interviewing behind the scenes. Why wait til years end? And just like clockwork, our staff gets out-adjusted in the second half... It's like old faithful....

So he cops to it being his fault. Big deal. Nothing is gonna change. That's just coach-speak. It means nothing. It's what he's supposed to say.

^^ this^^

It's just coach speak to deflect best from the players. Why doesn't he tell us what he thinks he did wrong, and what he is going to do about it? Because he doesn't know.

Source?

It's just the gut feeling. Blank won't sign off on a mid-season HC firing. Nolan's defense is really bad. Firing him will not have a huge negative impact. Firing the HC would be surrendering the season. Depending on how England goes, that would probably be where Nolan gets the axe with the bye week coming.

As much as people want to be angry and fire everyone, Mike Smith will last the entire season because he has earned it.

Oh yeah Mike Smith it was your fault and while were on the subject here's a list of things that are also your fault

The embarrassing loss at home to GreenBay in the playoffs when we were the #1 seed

The atrocious embarrassing losses in the playoffs on the road to Arizona and especially to The Ny Giants where we couldn't even score any points on offense

The 2nd half total collapses to numerous teams including but not limited to the Seattle Seahawks in the playoffs (yeah I know we won that game but only because of Matt Ryan's brilliancy at the end of the game after your lost coaching almost gave it away)

And of course who can forget your epic coaching failure of this century-- an embarrassing 2nd half total collapse losing at home to the SF 49ers on our chance to go to the Super Bowl

And you are also responsible for the miserable 4-12 season last year

As well as your inept coaching and 2nd half collapses which will doom this team to another losing season this year which will also put us into the record books with the least amount of sacks in NFL history over a 16 game regular season

You know I believe that when we actually win games I believe it's the players for a moment in time actually overcoming your inept leadership and coaching as you add NOTHING

coach Smith--except confusion, disarray, lack of preparation, proper game planning or halftime adjustments, and of course your specialty and forte----- empty excuses -----as you continue to con Arthur Blank into actually believing that he should stay the course with you

From Vaughn McClure

Fire away defenders of Smith...

Edited by JG2008