Is Gurley Too Good To Pass Up?

Snafu

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We can't afford to ignore this defense for another season, call me crazy but trade out of the first round and stockpile some picks if our guy isn't there. As mentioned before; next years draft is not deep with defensive talent as far as the front seven goes.

Like that idea a lot more than reaching on a defender just because we need one.

If he dropped to our second then he'll yeah but frankly free agents probably see us like they see Oakland. This is where you come as a defender for your career to die. We have ended many careers. Anyone coming here as a pass rusher will have sooooo much pressure put on them. So we will most likely have to find that solution with our 1st round pick.

Edited by Krammmit

Aren't you concerned about his durability with his running style? I don't follow college a lot but when I do it is to watch the dawgs but it seems like he is often getting some kinda of nagging injury. I would be very concerned how bad it gets once he moves up the Nfl level. Harder hitting and his body getting older... I don't know. He definitely looks like a sure thing talent-wise though.

Beasley over all at this point... But I wouldn't oppose snagging Gurley if he falls to us, and we signed a few good pass rushers in FA...

Like I said before. Dont even think he'll be a 1st round pick by the time the draft rolls around.

No. Love the kid but clearly we need to draft a DE (finally) or a DE.

Like I said before, we need to quit F'ing around and get proven pass rushers in FA.

Most bgreat pass rushers 1st years impact is minimal. Besides, we cant afford to gamble on a pass rusher that may or may not ever develop. We need to quit messing around and grab 2 impact guys in FA. Houston and Sheard.

Like I said before, we need to quit F'ing around and get proven pass rushers in FA.

Most bgreat pass rushers 1st years impact is minimal. Besides, we cant afford to gamble on a pass rusher that may or may not ever develop. We need to quit messing around and grab 2 impact guys in FA. Houston and Sheard.

this will prob be the best route , pickup the best possible pass rusher(Houston,Orakpo) idk who else will b available but get the best omen then address the LB core or DBs(Safety) in the 1st round.

I think we need to do both. A rookie will probably need to develop but all rookies do. You bite the bullet like you do with any other position.

As for gambling, it's all a gamble. We swung and missed with Ray Edwards in free agency but that shouldn't (even though I think it has) prevent Dimitroff from pursuing other pass rushers in free agency.

this will prob be the best route , pickup the best possible pass rusher(Houston,Orakpo) idk who else will b available but get the best omen then address the LB core or DBs(Safety) in the 1st round.

Based on what? It surely isn't the way he is playing.... At the moment he is playing like arguably the best defender in college football!

There are plenty of pass rushers who are looking immensely better.

Edited by RubberDucky

Assuming a top flight ILB or Pass Rusher is not available..... Or even a top flight OT, then we should grab him.....

We are positioned to have just under 30m in cap space before we resign any of our own..... And to be honest I'm not sure we resign anyone.... Kroy? Hope not? Osi? Nope......maybe Lowery, but that contract would be close to the vet minimum presumable..... Spoon? Sure, but he won't cost a lot..... Carimi? Likely, assuming he shows himself well the remainder of the season...but how much could he cost?

Corey Peters.... Bobby Mac..... Antone Smith.... Matt Bryant..... We're probably not even at 8 mil yet.... We will have 20+ million to find a pass rusher or two and a LB....

So yes, assuming value on defense isn't on the board, then take Gurley and keep it moving