Giants Defensive End Gives His Opinion Of Matt Ryan

Tandy

Speaking of "how to handle a huddle" why is it 7 years in and we still refuse to let Ryan go no huddle majority of the game. Especially when we are on the road it seems we just try to play slow and steady and milk the clock instead of playing like our backs are against the wall and coming out swinging. If we can get up on our opponents in their house it takes enourmous pressure off of our defense. We dont have a good enough defense to play clock control offense ESPECIALLY when we are on the road

Speaking of "how to handle a huddle" why is it 7 years in and we still refuse to let Ryan go no huddle majority of the game. Especially when we are on the road it seems we just try to play slow and steady and milk the clock instead of playing like our backs are against the wall and coming out swinging. If we can get up on our opponents in their house it takes enourmous pressure off of our defense. We dont have a good enough defense to play clock control offense ESPECIALLY when we are on the road

It's baffling that we never run the no huddle anymore. This coaching staff is a joke.

It's baffling that we never run the no huddle anymore. This coaching staff is a joke.

Because they're trying to slow the game down and keep the defense off the field as long as possible. Which comes back to the question of roster construction-- you don't build a quick- strike offense if you have no confidence that your defense can get off the field.

Because they're trying to slow the game down and keep the defense off the field as long as possible. Which comes back to the question of roster construction-- you don't build a quick- strike offense if you have no confidence that your defense can get off the field.

good point. What a sad state of affairs. That can be the only rational reason.

Please someone come up with a better reason!

Not that he's not being honest but he and Herzlich are his college teammates. I'd expect them to speak highly of him.

Yeah that is true. These quotes are always media non-stories though. What are they going to do, come out and say "he's garbage?" No player with a brain or without an axe to grind is going to purposefully give the opposition a reason to go off. Matt is good, less so on the road, but always capable of winning the game.

I would love to hear Eli's candid thoughts on the D though, and I wish they could hear it too.

Kindergartners can't spell kindergarten.

I spelled it with a t the first time, but it didn't look right so I changed it to a d.......

you still understood the point though. But in all seriousness, I'd almost be willing to bet the farm you're right, that a kindergartener can't spell kindergarten either.

But, are you trying to say our defense, compared to our 'Masters degree on how to run the offensive huddle', don't equal kindergarten? you're not watching the same games I am then.....

I spelled it with a t the first time, but it didn't look right so I changed it to a d.......

you still understood the point though. But in all seriousness, I'd almost be willing to bet the farm you're right, that a kindergartener can't spell kindergarten either.

But, are you trying to say our defense, compared to our 'Masters degree on how to run the offensive huddle', don't equal kindergarten? you're not watching the same games I am then.....

No, dude said you should go back to kindergarten, implying that maybe then you'd be able to spell it. I was saying that isn't likely because kindergartners can't spell it either. It's a hard word.

in short it's called SMITTYBALL

until he's our H.C ....there wont be any changes. And our players dont have the nuts to call him out.

Edited by mattyicefalcon