Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tandy

Yay! Tickets For London Game Arrived Today!

58 posts in this topic

Hey, sorry the game Sunday was a bummer, but I hope you had fun anyway. Glad to meet you - and I hope you enjoy the tickets!

I'm actually going to the Tower of London along with a few other places - and I'm excited. Leaving Monday.

First loss for me in the Dome. At least if they played the right players in their correct positions we would've won.

Yes, go! Also if the weather is decent check out St Katharine's Dock on the other side of the road (north side of T Bridge) Just been on a flight with someone travelling to London tonight. Is your flight Monday evening? I'll be at Terminal 3 at LHR tuesday morning.

Transportation is fine. Actually, the Hippodrome is above the station you'd need to get back to your hotel with. There are other restaurants with better food in the area, say a 10 minute walk away.

London is so tightly packed, no matter which direction you walk from the rally, you will come across a pub and London Underground Station. All pubs serve food but not all show sports. Look out for the Sky Sports stickers in the windows or billboards outside the pub doorway.

Hope all of you that travel across the pond enjoy yourselves.

I travelled to New Orleans last season. And although we got beat, I enjoyed the experience.

Sometimes, it's not the winning, it's the taking part that counts!

Tandy likes this

First loss for me in the Dome. At least if they played the right players in their correct positions we would've won.

Yes, go! Also if the weather is decent check out St Katharine's Dock on the other side of the road (north side of T Bridge) Just been on a flight with someone travelling to London tonight. Is your flight Monday evening? I'll be at Terminal 3 at LHR tuesday morning.

Transportation is fine. Actually, the Hippodrome is above the station you'd need to get back to your hotel with. There are other restaurants with better food in the area, say a 10 minute walk away.

Yes, we are leaving in the afternoon - and I know we get in to Heathrow in the morning. We are supposed to take the Hoppa Bus H1 or H51 to our hotel from there, but I don't know what terminal we'll be coming in to. Our flight goes through Dulles (DC) before moving on to London.

Suggestions on some of that "better food" is welcome! (lol). I really want to try some of the local cuisine - and good food too - not McDonalds tongue.png

London is so tightly packed, no matter which direction you walk from the rally, you will come across a pub and London Underground Station. All pubs serve food but not all show sports. Look out for the Sky Sports stickers in the windows or billboards outside the pub doorway.

Hope all of you that travel across the pond enjoy yourselves.

I travelled to New Orleans last season. And although we got beat, I enjoyed the experience.

Sometimes, it's not the winning, it's the taking part that counts!

Thanks - I will do that. I've gone to New Orleans many times over the past 45 years - and yes - I've seen us win and lose there - but have always had fun and wouldn't trade the experience. As much as I hate the feeling when we lose - I love the experience of being at the game. Although, I do feel a little sorry for my hubby after a loss on that long ride home ph34r.png

Tandy do you know if the Dulles to London part is with Virgin Atlantic. My flight leaves Dulles about 1830, flight number is VS22. If so you'll be flying into T3

Just going to walk through DC and over to Arlington Cemetery to spend a few hours there.

Mega, my plan was to buy tickets to attractions once I arrive. Do you recommend that for the tower as well?

During my international travels I have found that once you get to the hotel, a local can point you in the best direction for discounted tickets, free activities, best restaurants, etc.

You must be a Lions fan if you're looking forward to the game. They'll kill us.

Well, I did make my post 2 weeks ago when I still had hope for the season. Plus, the Lions are about as bad of a road team as we are, so there was some hope there too.