That was one of the worst defensive performances I've ever seen. Going against a weak team with a patchwork offensive line but still got totally trampled by the running game. No adjustments to stop it. Completely embarrassed by an offense with a bunch of unknowns starting at key positions. Playing on the road is no excuse!

On the other side of the ball, the RB distribution was again completely idiotic, terrible pass protection has your star QB running for his life and he could not overcome it.

That's why the Patriots need to fire Bill Belichick now. They have no shot at the playoffs. Gronk needs to take a seat because he looks slow and worthless out there. GM must go for letting go of offensive linemen that they desperately need now and getting way too cute in the draft. I don't see how the Patriots could ever improve with this roster this year. The season is over.

Edited by Coach_Petrino

With your obvious sarcasm I tend to feel as though you're insinuating Belichick is Smith and the Patriots are the Falcons. HAHA...this guy. When was the last time the Patriots went 4-12?

Yes, it is indeed Falcons related. Keep in mind that we looked much better losing to the Vikings and even the Bengals than the Patriots looked in losing to the Chiefs last night.

Must be fun living in your world where your pets crap $20 bills...The sky is always teal blue, unicorns bring you your coffee every morning...and the horrendously awful Falcons defense all of a sudden wakes up 1/4 of the way into the season and becomes the '85 Bears.

Fly your optimism flag high buddy!

It's like some of you have never watched a full NFL season before. There is a lot of parity and good teams get smoked by bad teams sometimes - especially on the road. This isn't college football, and the season is not over.

We are not the best team in the NFL, but we are 2-2, number 2 offense, and tied for division lead. You have to objectively look at the other teams also. The majority of the NFC teams are not better than us. We still have a great shot at the playoffs no matter what some of you idiots think.

Guest facelessman07

It's like some of you have never watched a full NFL season before. There is a lot of parity and good teams get smoked by bad teams sometimes - especially on the road. This isn't college football, and the season is not over.

We are not the best team in the NFL, but we are 2-2, number 2 offense, and tied for division lead. You have to objectively look at the other teams also. The majority of the NFC teams are not better than us. We still have a great shot at the playoffs no matter what some of you idiots think.

Correction-many of us have watched the last 6, full seasons. And have yet to see critical areas addressed appropriately. A leopard doesn't change its spots

The sarcasm doesn't really make sense because the Patriots have many trophies in their trophy case. We have 1! One jive-azz NFC Championship trophy! Not one Lombardi Trophy since 1966!

I'm sure if you go to the Patriots board you will see all their fans saying they haven't won anything since Spygate. Belichick and Brady are long in the tooth and they both must go!!!

Must be fun living in your world where your pets crap $20 bills...The sky is always teal blue, unicorns bring you your coffee every morning...and the horrendously awful Falcons defense all of a sudden wakes up 1/4 of the way into the season and becomes the '85 Bears.

Fly your optimism flag high buddy!

Got any more of that good Grateful Dead acid Gritz ? ......laugh.png

I'm sure if you go to the Patriots board you will see all their fans saying they haven't won anything since Spygate. Belichick and Brady are long in the tooth and they both must go!!!

They are just a bunch of spoiled brats! I'd take their situation any day just to be able to say we have won at least ONE championship since coming into the league! As a long time Falcons fan (since '68), I'm tired of the crap we get every year. I personally don't stress it any more, but the city of Atlanta deserves better than what we've gotten from this organization (and that's from the Smith Family all the way to the current Blank regime)!

I live in NE, and listen to Boston sports radio often on my way to work...they are overflowing right now. Little brats are so used to winning, now all I hear is whining.

Tom has no protection, and when he does he doesnt look good.

Didn't take you long to resort to the name calling card.

I notice in all of your pontificating about how this team can turn it around you conveniently gloss over, explain away or sugarcoat with generalities about the possible upcoming improvement of the defense without having a single logical reason explaining why this miraculous change will happen.

Here's your soapbox.

Tell us how this defense is going to improve.

Help us not be "idiots."

Didn't take you long to resort to the name calling card.

I notice in all of your pontificating about how this team can turn it around you conveniently gloss over, explain away or sugarcoat with generalities about the possible upcoming improvement of the defense without having a single logical reason explaining why this miraculous change will happen.

Here's your soapbox.

Tell us how this defense is going to improve.

Help us not be "idiots."

Well for starters, even if we didn't "turn it around" we are still in contention for the division title. We are right now through 4 games.

But I think the offense is playing great, and that's the most important thing in today's NFL. The defense is horrible and anyone can see it has room for improvement. You have young guys and new players at key positions all trying to gel and consistently take the correct assignments. Even if they are mediocre they will improve just by making better decisions. As the year goes on that should happen. If it isn't happening, then the coaches will recognize that and put different players into the game until we at least can field a team that has better fundamentals and executes their assignments. We don't need much defensive improvement at all to be a very dangerous team. The offense is already a top offense in the league. Unlike last year, our offensive studs are not hurt (knock on wood).

The difference is, Tom Brady is a hall of fame QB. Bill Billichick is a hall of fame coach. The patriots have multiple super bowls, a never say die attitude and a winning culture.

Matt Ryan is an excellent QB but without a ring he's not in "the discussion". Mike Smith, well he picks his nose on the sideline, and the Falcons are a postseason failure.

Cant compare the 2.

Edited by LongSufferingFan88

The difference is, Tom Brady is a hall of fame QB. Bill Billichick is a hall of fame coach. The patriots have multiple super bowls, a never say die attitude and a winning culture.

Matt Ryan is an excellent QB but without a ring he's not in "the discussion". Mike Smith, well he pick his nose on the sideline, and the Falcons are a preseason failure.

Cant compare the 2.

OP thinks it's a very valid comparison, which means you can pretty much dismiss anything he ever posts about football again.

Keep in mind that we looked much better losing to the Vikings and even the Bengals than the Patriots looked in losing to the Chiefs last night.

That is a totally inept perspective.

How we looked losing is irrelevant. We lost.

Makes about as much sense as: "Well, at least he got shot in the chest instead of the head, that way it took him longer to die"

That is a totally inept perspective.

How we looked losing is irrelevant. We lost.

Makes about as much sense as: "Well, at least he got shot in the chest instead of the head, that way it took him longer to die"

Love it when Fred crushes them with the Logic Hammer.