This Has To Be A Joke (Kroy)

Here's the entire article........

http://espn.go.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/post/_/id/8616/falcons-kroy-biermann-obviously-not-totally-satisfied-with-his-play

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- Several members of the Atlanta Falcons' defense pointed the finger at themselves following Sunday's 41-28 loss at Minnesota, and outside linebacker/defensive end Kroy Biermann followed suit on Monday.Biermann, who played 57 of 76 defensive snaps, was credited with seven tackles and had no sacks and just one quarterback hurry versus 22 pass plays. His biggest contribution was helping stop Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater on third down at the 2-yard line, but the Vikings scored a touchdown on fourth down.

"I'm definitely disappointed in my performance," Biermann said. "I had some key plays that I didn't make and things that I should have made. You've got to see those. You've got to work through those. And you can't make the same mistakes twice. You've got to learn and grow from those to get better and to keep moving forward."

Biermann has been the target of much criticism from the passionate Falcons fan base. His impact has been minimal in his return from last year's Achilles injury, with no sacks, one quarterback hit and two tackles for losses in the first four games. He's played 219 of 282 defensive snaps.

Biermann hasn't used coming off an injury as an excuse. He also wouldn't call himself a total disappointment at this point.

"I wouldn't say that I'm struggling," he said. "I'm just disappointed in the way things go. I take losses to heart. It's important for me to win. I look at myself and I say, 'What could I have done more? How could I have made it better? Could I have been more physical on a certain play? Could I have shed a guy in a different direction?' I'm very critical of myself to be the best that I can be for this team."

So how would Biermann grade himself through four games?

"I need to improve, as everybody would say," Biermann said. "It doesn't look good on paper. It doesn't look good on film. There are splashes here and there, but you've got to be consistent. And we've got to do it the way that we've been talking about doing it to be successful. You've got to put that talk into action otherwise, nothing's going to happen.

Kroy's heart is no longer in football. $$$$ is coming in with the reality show and because of it, he let himself get soft. Most true athletes work out after injuries and keep in shape. Kroy didn't and it shows. I just don't know why we all seem to recognize it but no one that can bench him sees it.

That is a fan cop out. The guy is a year removed from a torn achilles. He probably just isn't going to be 100% any more.

Edit: My god, read the entire article, people. The guy is blasting himself.

The truth is, Kroy and every player in the front 7 is struggling. The point I think he was trying to make without saying it, is our new 3-4 scheme installed by the coaches IS NOT WORKING FOR ANYBODY ON DEFENSE. We should go back to a 4-3.

I do want to point out that outside linebacker coach Mark Collins on Hard Knocks, asked Kroy whats going on? Remember.

The truth is, Kroy and every player in the front 7 is struggling. The point I think he was trying to make without saying it, is our new 3-4 scheme installed by the coaches IS NOT WORKING FOR ANYBODY ON DEFENSE. We should go back to a 4-3.

I do want to point out that outside linebacker coach Mark Collins on Hard Knocks, asked Kroy whats going on? Remember.

We don't have a "new 3-4 scheme." Anyone watching the games can see that. Just like the last 2 seasons, we spend most of our time in nickel, and we mix up 3-4 and 4-3 looks the rest of the time. That's even too simplistic, but it's a lot closer to the truth than pretending we're all of a sudden putting 3 down linemen and 2 OLBs on the field for most of the game.

It's the same defense we've been running. We have new pieces that so far are not improving anything.

I believe the criticism towards Kroy is valid but misdirected.

TD and the coaching staff are the ones that are choosing to rely on Kroy when he clearly isn't up to the task.

His situation is an indication of how poorly the Falcons leadership evaluates talent and the low expectations they demand out of the players.

The Patriots are not playing well this season but Belichick is not afraid to send the message that if you do not perform he will find someone who will do the job.

The Falcons run a Good Ole Boy player evaluation system and chose players they like vs who produces on the field.

Edited by insight

the guy tore his achilles. the first year back always sucks. if he makes it through this year and into next he should be better. the falcon should recognize this and push him down the depth chart. he's not ready to be a full time starter yet. nor was he that good in the first place. a high motor guy that over achieved. now, he is recovering from a torn achilles. he may never get that motor back with a bum leg. he could be done. but he's not a quitter, nor is he taking money and running. the guy just was an over achiever who is now just an achiever.

Here's the entire article........

http://espn.go.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/post/_/id/8616/falcons-kroy-biermann-obviously-not-totally-satisfied-with-his-play

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- Several members of the Atlanta Falcons' defense pointed the finger at themselves following Sunday's 41-28 loss at Minnesota, and outside linebacker/defensive end Kroy Biermann followed suit on Monday.Biermann, who played 57 of 76 defensive snaps, was credited with seven tackles and had no sacks and just one quarterback hurry versus 22 pass plays. His biggest contribution was helping stop Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater on third down at the 2-yard line, but the Vikings scored a touchdown on fourth down.

"I'm definitely disappointed in my performance," Biermann said. "I had some key plays that I didn't make and things that I should have made. You've got to see those. You've got to work through those. And you can't make the same mistakes twice. You've got to learn and grow from those to get better and to keep moving forward."

Biermann has been the target of much criticism from the passionate Falcons fan base. His impact has been minimal in his return from last year's Achilles injury, with no sacks, one quarterback hit and two tackles for losses in the first four games. He's played 219

of 282 defensive snaps.

Biermann hasn't used coming off an injury as an excuse. He also wouldn't call himself a total disappointment at this point.

"I wouldn't say that I'm struggling," he said. "I'm just disappointed in the way things go. I take losses to heart. It's important for me to win. I look at myself and I say, 'What could I have done more? How could I have made it better? Could I have been more physical on a certain play? Could I have shed a guy in a different direction?' I'm very critical of myself to be the best that I can be for this team."

So how would Biermann grade himself through four games?

"I need to improve, as everybody would say," Biermann said. "It doesn't look good on paper. It doesn't look good on film. There are splashes here and there, but you've got to be consistent. And we've got to do it the way that we've been talking about doing it to be successful. You've got to put that talk into action otherwise, nothing's going to happen.

thanks Kroy

the guy tore his achilles. the first year back always sucks. if he makes it through this year and into next he should be better. the falcon should recognize this and push him down the depth chart. he's not ready to be a full time starter yet. nor was he that good in the first place. a high motor guy that over achieved. now, he is recovering from a torn achilles. he may never get that motor back with a bum leg. he could be done. but he's not a quitter, nor is he taking money and running. the guy just was an over achiever who is now just an achiever.

Bush it excuse son. Look at Peters who had less recovery time, is 50 lbs heavier and is ballin his as off.

Bush it excuse son. Look at Peters who had less recovery time, is 50 lbs heavier and is ballin his as off.

I remember Peters crying his eyes out when he got hurt and realized his season was over. Yes, he was hurting, but i sensed a passion to want to get better and come back better than ever. Didn't and don't see any passion out of Kroy IMO

The way I see it, you can't blame Kroy! The guy is what he is and shouldn't be blamed for that. You want to blame, then blame the coaches. Look at what they have him doing out there...if this was their gameplan they should have signed the personnel to run it. Kroy is out there cuz he's the best suited to and that is ******* pathetic.

@vxmcclure23: Falcons' Kroy Biermann: ``I wouldn't say that I'm struggling.''

FOH!!! Cut him. Dude is clearly in denial