Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Run Defense

6 posts in this topic

The reason the Falcons run defense is complete trash isn't because Tyson Jason and Paul Solia are huge free agent busts. The reason the Falcons run defense is complete trash is because the Falcons have no linebackers worth a darn to finish plays when the DL does their job of taking up blockers. That and the Falcons instance to play nickle. The Falcons may have drafted 4 linebackers in the draft but it hasn't panned out. This switch to a 3-4, nickle, whatever the heIl we're playing on defense has been a complete disaster because we don't have the personnel to play this type of defense.

Falcons need another OT, a pass rusher and some linebackers. Those are the Falcons three biggest needs in the draft next year. Those are problems that cannot be fixed this year. This year is shot. The Falcons are a 6-10 or 7-9 team this year, my preseason prediction was 8-8. The Falcons simply did not have the horses to compete this year and expecting them to before the season started was nothing more than complete homerism.

blkbigdog35 likes this

I agree I think our lbs and scheme are awful. I think we can salvage the season by making some personnel changes as well as a scheme change. However, I believe there is a lot of bad coaching involved as well.

Falconsfan567 likes this

I agree I think our lbs and scheme are awful. I think we can salvage the season by making some personnel changes as well as a scheme change. However, I believe there is a lot of bad coaching involved as well.

Agreed. Switch back to the 4-3 and salvage something from this season. This is just plain bad coaching and it's pissing me off and you've got to think its pissing Blank off too. If this keeps going like this Blank may make a change inseason. He did it with Reeves.

blkbigdog35 likes this

Agreed. Switch back to the 4-3 and salvage something from this season. This is just plain bad coaching and it's pissing me off and you've got to think its pissing Blank off too. If this keeps going like this Blank may make a change inseason. He did it with Reeves.

I think 4-3 suits us much better than this wanna-be hybrid system nolan wants to run. Hopefully Mr. Blank or someone says enough is enough.

I think 4-3 suits us much better than this wanna-be hybrid system nolan wants to run. Hopefully Mr. Blank or someone says enough is enough.

we need 3 linebackers on the field instead of 3 corners or 3 safeties....teams are passing and running at will....the 3 corners plan isn't slowing the pass, but its making the run defense weaker....lets stop the run....lets just something well
Falconsfan567 likes this

we need 3 linebackers on the field instead of 3 corners or 3 safeties....teams are passing and running at will....the 3 corners plan isn't slowing the pass, but its making the run defense weaker....lets stop the run....lets just something well

Exactly because I remember coach smith stating early on that they wanted to do that first. We will definitely see today if they want to win.