This Is A Good Team - We Just Played The Wrong Defense.

parmenion

"The defense played yesterday"; REALLY? I didnt see them. I'm old and fat and I'd have been wide open to catch some of those balls. We didnt cover. There was little to no pressure from anyone at any time. We didnt tackle well, and holy tamale the hole to run through were big enough that Big Mama could've moved her fat *** through there while eating donuts and not have anyone steal one from her along the way. Seriously. What defense?

And our offense; Roddy was obviously off and couldn't seem to get any separation (except the one time they blew the coverage for his TD). Julio did great, even with double and some tripple team situations. Otherwise, they pretty much had our number... We did good especially since we were losing offensive linemen like guys from deliverance lose teeth...

To say that we've got work to do is a huge understatement. We've got to find live guys who can plan O line. And on D... I dont know where to start... We need one.

The defense played yesterday was like we were playing against Brady,Ryan or Rogers. It's very simple, you have a rookie quarterback and they don't have they're premier running back - Blitz,Blitz and blitz again. You have to throw them off the game early.

It's been 4 games.

We know what we have on this team and we know what kind of defense we have... or don't have. With the way they're playing we'll be luck to go 8-8.

"The defense played yesterday"; REALLY? I didnt see them. I'm old and fat and I'd have been wide open to catch some of those balls. We didnt cover. There was little to no pressure from anyone at any time. We didnt tackle well, and holy tamale the hole to run through were big enough that Big Mama could've moved her fat *** through there while eating donuts and not have anyone steal one from her along the way. Seriously. What defense?

And our offense; Roddy was obviously off and couldn't seem to get any separation (except the one time they blew the coverage for his TD). Julio did great, even with double and some tripple team situations. Otherwise, they pretty much had our number... We did good especially since we were losing offensive linemen like guys from deliverance lose teeth...

To say that we've got work to do is a huge understatement. We've got to find live guys who can plan O line. And on D... I dont know where to start... We need one.

Why is that you have to remind these "professionals" how to tackle or their assignments etc. I mean If I performed that poorly I would be out of a job--why do these millionaires get a pass? Why not scream and holler and throw a couple of guys off the team and call some people out in the paper? Saban wouldn't stand for this kind of pure arse whipping nor would Harbough, Landry, Lomabrdi any good football coach---all we get is a bunch of Monday excuses and we will get 'em next week attitude and I'm supposed to support this team week to week when I'm not sure who they are right now? Show me you want to win as bad as I do

Edited by Nono

No the problem is Nolan keeps trotting the same people out there who aren't doing their jobs. Until that changes, our defense won't get better...

I have to agree with you there. My concern is it Nolan or is Smitty overriding who he wants to start? Also they rotation every play is the culprit to me too. For once I wish we had a gameplan where at least for the first half or until we get a 2 score lead leave the same personnel in the game up front. Give a guy a breather but stop rotating guys each and every play up front. Let somebody get hot.

Why is that you have to remind these "professionals" how to tackle or their assignments etc. I mean If I performed that poorly I would be out of a job--why do these millionaires get a pass? Why not scream and holler and throw a couple of guys off the team and call some people out in the paper? Saban wouldn't stand for this kind of pure arse whipping nor would Harbough, Landry, Lomabrdi any good football coach---all we get is a bunch of Monday excuses and we will get 'em next week attitude and I'm supposed to support this team week to week when I'm not sure who they are right now? Show me you want to win as bad as I do

No one asks you to support anything! If you don't watch, it will not matter to anyone! It's only a game. It doesn't define the worth of anyone on this board if they win or lose. How you take it is your choice, support them when they look good, throw 'em down when they don't, it's up to you. It's just entertainment. I was raised to never give up and never let 'em see me cry so that's how I usually comport myself, everyone is free to operate as they wish but no one is asking you or expecting you to do or support anything! There are 32 teams out there!

Edited by slider

The defense played yesterday was like we were playing against Brady,Ryan or Rogers. It's very simple, you have a rookie quarterback and they don't have they're premier running back - Blitz,Blitz and blitz again. You have to throw them off the game early.

That defense could not stop any teams offense yesterday.