No Adrian Peterson, No Kyle Rudolph - Rookie Qb And Asian Lounge Singer For Rb - Yet We Gave Up 558Yds Offense And 41 Points

The more I think about it - the more improbable it seems. The Vikes have a few decent pieces on defense but all of their offensive playmakers (save Patterson) were gone - and even w/ all their weapons, the Vikes offense is not that good.

Falcons are not a legit NFL defense - I gotta believe it is just our personnel is atrocious because this ain't Mike Nolan's first rodeo.

I dunno - think about it - we did not stop the Saints (good offense), we did not stop the Bengals (decent offense but was missing AJ Green) - but now - NOW - we could not stop the JV team - they just did whatever they wanted.

This is not good!

I for one am not giving Nolan a pass. He has been here three years and that is the product he puts on the field? Nothing to generate pressure on a rookie QB, defensive linemen covering wide receivers, people who should be riding the pine playing way too many snaps. This defense can't stop the run, can't rush the QB, can't tackle, and can't cover receivers. Also do you really think that Nolan has had no input in the defensive players we have acquired via the draft and free agency since he has been here? That defense is an unmitigated disaster and Nolan is the architect.

The more I think about it - the more improbable it seems. The Vikes have a few decent pieces on defense but all of their offensive playmakers (save Patterson) were gone - and even w/ all their weapons, the Vikes offense is not that good.

Falcons are not a legit NFL defense - I gotta believe it is just our personnel is atrocious because this ain't Mike Nolan's first rodeo.

I dunno - think about it - we did not stop the Saints (good offense), we did not stop the Bengals (decent offense but was missing AJ Green) - but now - NOW - we could not stop the JV team - they just did whatever they wanted.

This is not good!

It's all Matt Ryan's fault

I get what the OP is saying, and our defense IS bad. But how exactly did they do so well against Tampa Bay who IMO has a better offense than Minnesota? Our defense is extremely odd. Yesterday's game just screamed lack of preparation and poor game planning defensively.

Against TB we were able to dictate game flow and situation. Once we were up so much so early, the game became easy.

This was the exact opposite.....Minnesota dictated to us. I'll know more after I rewatch the All 22 but it looked like they absolutely abused the second level of our defense. Also, the ran the ball down our throats. So theres that.

Against TB we were able to dictate game flow and situation. Once we were up so much so early, the game became easy.

This was the exact opposite.....Minnesota dictated to us. I'll know more after I rewatch the All 22 but it looked like they absolutely abused the second level of our defense. Also, the ran the ball down our throats. So theres that.

Several times there were huge holes and the FB got to the second level and blew up the LB.

Dline was getting pushed back and losing the line of scrimmage most of the day and I think the LBs were out of position... a lot. Oh yeah the Ends did a terrible job of setting the edge...

That's just it, our run D isn't actually THAT bad...at least I thought they weren't. I always knew that had some opportunities, but yesterday's game looked like they might be the worst front 7 in the league.

This is not good!

I think this sums it up nicely....

Here are some of the pass rushers that hit the market in the last 2 seasons:

Michael Bennet

Cliff Avril

Elvis Dumerville

Jared Allen

Dwight Freeney

Demarcus Ware

Granted there was a high demand for some of these guys but did we even try to talk to them or was the front office like "We're fine. We have Bierman. Remember when he had that fight as a rookie?"

Last year it was thinking we were good with Konz, Reynolds, and Holmes. This year it's thinking we were fine with the group of rushers we have...

This is not good!

So, are you telling me you did not see this coming? This defense will get lit up in most any game they play with two LB's and the front four the Falcons have.