I Hate Coachspeak!

charliechaplin

Coach speak. (Why can't we edit the title?)

From AJC:

FALCONS COACH MIKE SMITH Opening statement “Obviously, this was not the type of performance that we need to have to win football games.

What a load of crap

I prefer Jim Mora the Elder when he coachedthe Saints:

"We SUCK! On both sides of the ball. What more do yo want me to say? We Suck!"

Edited by charliechaplin

Coach speak. (Why can't we edit the title?)

From AJC:

FALCONS COACH MIKE SMITH Opening statement “Obviously, this was not the type of performance that we need to have to win football games.

What a load of crap

I prefer Jim Mora the Elder when he coachedthe Saints:

"We SUCK! On both sides of the ball. What more do yo want me to say? We Suck!"

Yeah and that pretty much got him fired. The only reason you remember it is because it rarely happens.

Yeah and that pretty much got him fired. The only reason you remember it is because it rarely happens.

He got fired because they sucked, not because he was up front about it.

As much as I do hate Coachspeak, by all rights, Smith should have better talent to work with.

All of the players that TD left on the board while he selected "project players" is ridiculous.

Players he passed on are producing well for other teams. I know no one has a crystal ball, and sometimes you whiff and sometimes you just get fooled.

Sometimes the injury bug is to blame. But TD's track record is pretty blatant. I don't know why he goes for the "longshots" continually.

Did you not read the rest? I mean I know it's convenient to stop after the first sentence and then vent like crazy but if you read the rest, he got pretty detailed. No, this wasn't the typical "we'll make corrections, etc" this was specific and he's clearly bothered by it. That's a good sign. Now let's see what changes. He's now on record saying people weren't doing their jobs. If the same people continue to be on the field then there's the problem...

Did you not read the rest? I mean I know it's convenient to stop after the first sentence and then vent like crazy but if you read the rest, he got pretty detailed. No, this wasn't the typical "we'll make corrections, etc" this was specific and he's clearly bothered by it. That's a good sign. Now let's see what changes. He's now on record saying people weren't doing their jobs. If the same people continue to be on the field then there's the problem...

can we get a link to the rest

and that is an evident and obvious problem already. Mike Smith is all talk and no action. Has been for a while now. We constantly hear the best player will see the field. Yet we have biermann starting. Babs is being outperformed by Peters. Matthews should of been starting at LT from the very beginning. Mike Smith is all talk. It's time we see action

and that is an evident and obvious problem already. Mike Smith is all talk and no action. Has been for a while now. We constantly hear the best player will see the field. Yet we have biermann starting. Babs is being outperformed by Peters. Matthews should of been starting at LT from the very beginning. Mike Smith is all talk. It's time we see action

I agreed with Baker starting, that just made sense. As for the rest, I don't necessarily disagree but I do wonder how much he's relying on Nolan on that...

I agreed with Baker starting, that just made sense. As for the rest, I don't necessarily disagree but I do wonder how much he's relying on Nolan on that...

how do we know if they see eye to eye. Smith wants biermann n Babs out there n Nolan wants Peters and mass out there? Or vice versa,either way I think our coach and DC are at a disagreement with the lineup and even scheme