Vikes Underestimated

bird backer

I believe by the way we played yesterday that we completely underestimated our opponent yesterday. After a 56-14 win, We played like we didn't need to try to win the game. We came out and played like we were there to just pick up our win. The leadership on the team must not carry any weight because I'm sure Matt Ryan put in his work but it did not trickle down to say Roddy who had a subpar game. I don't know about you but I could easily see him being over confident after that win and lacking a little focus. We have no real leaders on defense. Now everybody is hurt and things at me looking grim. It's just like Glanville used to say - All glory is fleeting...

I understand what you're saying, but I disagree. I don't think we "underestimated" the Vikings. What happened is that the Falcons demonstrated their usual pattern of lackluster play on the road. This team just has NO sense of urgency when it goes on the road. None. It's as if in their minds they see the game as already lost. They have to get behind first before they wake up. It's simply the pattern of this team. It has nothing to do with underestimating anyone.

I understand what you're saying, but I disagree. I don't think we "underestimated" the Vikings. What happened is that the Falcons demonstrated their usual pattern of lackluster play on the road. This team just has NO sense of urgency when it goes on the road. None. It's as if in their minds they see the game as already lost. They have to get behind first before they wake up. It's simply the pattern of this team. It has nothing to do with underestimating anyone.

i agree.

The truth is, with this soft head coach and poor defensive coaching staff and an undermanned defense with no true leader - this is what we are -

"We are who we thought we were".

I have lost all patience with Mike Smith - i am not calling on him to be fired at this point - but he should be put "on notice" by Arthur Blank. I have a feeling that Arthur is not going to take this stuff much longer and I don't think the "injury excuse" is going to work this year.

i agree.

The truth is, with this soft head coach and poor defensive coaching staff and an undermanned defense with no true leader - this is what we are -

"We are who we thought we were".

I have lost all patience with Mike Smith - i am not calling on him to be fired at this point - but he should be put "on notice" by Arthur Blank. I have a feeling that Arthur is not going to take this stuff much longer and I don't think the "injury excuse" is going to work this year.

Exactly, G-Dawg!

rookie QB that could not complete passes "against air" in draft workouts - check

no Adrian Petersen - check

some Asian lounge singer (Matt Asiata) starting at running back - check

^^^^all of the above should result in a blowout win for Falcons - che.......yeah, not so much.

not only do we not win - we make the rag-tag Vikes offense look like the second coming of Joe Montana, Roger Craig and Jerry Rice.

i dont think coach Cox's and Tice are soft...Maybe M Smith is but Cox's and Tice can only coach the players they have... They cant help they dont have quality players they have to work with what they got... dry.png

agree w/ that - the offensive line has actually done OK this season so Tice is definitely off the hook in my view. Not impressed with Bryan Cox and what he has done w/ D-Line thru 4 games.

wouldn't be surprised if it was hubris. the celebrations during the bucs game really rubbed me the wrong way. Hester, whatever, but then ishmael too. looked like they were having way too much fun beating up on a crap team and this week was a reality check. cincy should have been enough but here we are.

When you don't rattle Rookie QB and your CB's are giving 10-15 yards cushion plus assigning OLB/DE to WR's.. even g-dawg and Banker can stand tall and beat this D.

The truth is, this team doesn't bring anything to the table that their opponents should worry about. No O-line. No pass rush. A soft secondary. If the Falcons are on your schedule, what are you seriously concerned about regarding this team? I can't think of anything at the moment.

defense was bad, but **** - how many times do we have to see clutch and grap db's not getting flagged while hanging onto our recievers ??

I about came thru the television to punch Ronde Barber in the face when Xavier Rhodes was grabbing Julio and then got him in an arm hold - wghile the ref swallowed his whistle - watching in slow motion and Ronde braggin' on Rhodes' "great coverage" - Julio got interfered with twice in the same friggin' play dry.png

The truth is, this team doesn't bring anything to the table that their opponents should worry about. No O-line. No pass rush. A soft secondary. If the Falcons are on your schedule, what are you seriously concerned about regarding this team? I can't think of anything at the moment.

Julio Jones, Antone Smith and Devin Hester - that is about it.

We made Geno Smith look all world too. This isn't something new, it's a dayum trend. No matter how many draft picks, no matter how much money we throw at this problem it's still there. We still don't have a defense.

Either Thomas Dimitroff is shyt...or our coaches are...and worst case scenario it's both.

hate to tell you this Dirtycode - but your last guess was the right one - "it's both".

We didn't underestimate. We are just a garbage team. Vikings have no business driving down the field on anyone

Now this is the truth....and they did over and over, and we did not even put up a fight, I didn't see a blitz the entire game. Not one time did we knock bridgewater on his azz, take a penalty if you have to, shake him up. BW did not even think about getting hit all day, never crossed his mind.

I about came thru the television to punch Ronde Barber in the face when Xavier Rhodes was grabbing Julio and then got him in an arm hold - wghile the ref swallowed his whistle - watching in slow motion and Ronde braggin' on Rhodes' "great coverage" - Julio got interfered with twice in the same friggin' play dry.png

Julio never ask for flag and doesn't get it until it's very obvious. On that deep pass, his arm was totally locked into Julio and oh.. it was great coverage..