The Only Problem With Our O Today

NGM

I know that when your offense scores 28 points on the road, they problably did a good job and you´re supposed to win the game.

And those two INT by Matty were most a result of the pressure that the falcons defense put on the offense, to try to make something happened. It was just desperation caused by our D.

But in the first half Matt Ryan threw 5 times to Julio Jones, for 5 catches and 70 yards, but then when the falcons needed the most he didn´t look for him.

In the second half Matt threw at him 3 times, for one catch for 12 yards. The others throws were; one, a bad one by numero 2 and a long one that was a little underthrow and could/should have been called for PI on Xavier Rhodes.

My point is, that the falcons failed to take advantaged of his best playmaker, who was being nothing but effective, and instead they tried to force the ball to Roddy, who was slow, obvioulsy not 100% and having a bad day with 5 drops, I believe, and to Hester who did have a good game and is serviceable on offense, but they threw two long balls to him silimar to the catch he make against the saints, and he failed to catch any of those.

The falcons D make the game hard to watch, I knew we were limited, but I never expect anything like these, but the offense could have done more, especially if you considered that Julio was killing it, that he´s the best player on the field and we needed points, and yet they forgot to use him in the second half.

Ryan likes to play the numbers game. Find the 1on1 and go there

Sometimes you just have to feed the most talented player on the field though. Julio was making contested catches and getting seperation on others

Meanwhile Roddy was blanketed and couldn't haul in anything. Hopefully it's just his injury but I'm starting to worry

If I was going to nitpick Matt today I would say he was keying in on Roddy too much today, much like he did with Tony when he was here.

But when he did it with Tony Tony would usually be one on one with a LB and come down with the ball. Usually at the worst it was an incomplete pass.

Trying to continually force the ball to Roddy usually ends up in a backbreaking pick...

But when he did it with Tony Tony would usually be one on one with a LB and come down with the ball. Usually at the worst it was an incomplete pass.

Trying to continually force the ball to Roddy usually ends up in a backbreaking pick...

What I'm saying is that his constant zoning in for Tony is what was holding the explosiveness of this offense back. I feel like he did the same thing with Roddy today because Julio was making plays and Hester was making plays.

I didnt look play by play, but the Vikes always had 2 players on Julio, like you could see on the Roddy touchdown, where 2 guys bit on the fake. You can't force throws in to double coverage and expect great results, but I feel the play calling should have been a bit better. Regardless, we scored 28 pts, you can't ask for much more on the road.

I didnt look play by play, but the Vikes always had 2 players on Julio, like you could see on the Roddy touchdown, where 2 guys bit on the fake. You can't force throws in to double coverage and expect great results, but I feel the play calling should have been a bit better. Regardless, we scored 28 pts, you can't ask for much more on the road.

Especially considering the run blocking, and the OL injuries.

Here's the sad/scary part.... Most of the time I saw Roddy single covered... And he couldn't beat it.

Teams aren't afriad of him anymore...

Ryan was turrible today, let us just admit it. He does not play defense but there was nothing special about his performance IMO ...tis what it tis, I am expecting the entire team to come out pizzed vs. the G men next week, if not we are screwed totally .....

Tell me what your definition of terrible is? Recievers dropping passes??

Offense wasn't the issue today. If the defense got a few stops, we'd have put up 40 points. Roddy and Toilolo had too many drops, but we didn't play bad ball on offense.

Also, the refs were letting Julio get abused out there with no flags. That deep pass was an egregious pass interference by the CB, but no flag was thrown.

Tell me what your definition of terrible is? Recievers dropping passes??

Exactly - Ryan was great, but Roddy White had a bad game that cost us first downs and chances for more points. If we had a normal defense it wouldn't be a huge deal, but our offense really needs to fire on all cylinders to win games like the one yesterday, and our possession receiver was not able to possess the ball very often.

Ryan is awesome, but did not have a great game yesterday. His throws looked like they were fluttering a bit, and they were late to the receivers. That said, Ryan is the one shining beacon of hope our team has.

That is what pisses me off more than anything about this train wreck of a season (or two). You must have a top-tier QB to have a shot at a superbowl. Maybe 5 or 6 teams have that -- AND WE ARE ONE OF THEM!!! Yet this crappy D and the unbelievable string of injuries are going to keep us from capitalizing on #2.

Off Topic: The NFL better figure out this injury problem -- it is not just us. Everyone is going down, all over the league. The injury problem is the only thing I can see ruining the league. You can't have star personalities selling the league if they all get hurt.

Edited by Falcon Ben

Games like this show how much Tony G meant to this offense...

Buddy....we were like 10/14 on 3rd downs mid-way through the 4th.

TG wasnt the problem here. The only offensive issue we had was the attrition along the OL. Not much you can do when you've got Levine Toilolo playing RT...

This game is on the defense. Allllll on the defense.

Are yall crazy??!!! THE PROBLEM WAS THE DEFENSE END OF STORY NO UFS ANDS OR BUTTS!!! It didn't matter about not having tony g. We put up 28 fkn points and the defense gave up 41. PERIOD. Has nothing to do with looking for Julio or not using him. They took him away. The other weapons did their job.

WE PUT UP 28 POINTS!!! THAT could've been way more if the DEFENSE could've forced more than 2 punts. PERIOD END OF STORY TAKE THE GLASSES OFF AND CALL IT LIKE IT IS!!! Smitty had 10 days to prepare for this team. We put 28 points up even tho the defense couldn't stop them.

I KNOW THIS GAME, I'VE PLAYED THIS GAME. YOU CANNOT POINT A FINGER AT YOUR OFFENSE FOR THAT PERFORMANCE ON THE ROAD LIKE THEY DID WRONG!!! 2 PUNTS IN 60 MINUTES AND ALMOST 600 YARDS OF OFFENSE!!! GTFOH!!! This is probably the most upset I've ever been with this team because THIS could be a championship team but the defense is so garbage it's almost laughable!!! The only speed is in the secondary!!! No speed at lb, no speed at DE.

I'm gonna take that a step further. There is still talent on defenese. The problem is A. That bullsh!t rotation. We got caught with our pants down everytime we had the wrong personnel on the field. Casey Hampton, Tony Saragusa, and Warren Sapp or guys that anchored a top defense NEVER came off the field except to get a breather no matter what the offense may have been doing. And the best breather is 3 and outs WITH THE SAME PERSONNEL not rotating them EVERY play. You don't think smart OC's notice that? They caught us with big runs with our so called "RUSH" dline in the game on obvious passing situations and ran for 1st downs. That being multiple Sh!t is bs. EVERY NFL defense shows other looks but they have an identity. 3-4 or 4-3 and that's what they are only the have guys in the right place or position.

We never press the wr's. We play off but every defense we like the one testerday gets in our stud wr's face and throws timing off all day and the rush wasn't getting to Matt. B. Smitty. Every defense we've fielded has yielded the same type of results. That's has got to be a coaching thing. The only difference is we were a top run stopping team. I could go on but I'm tired of typing on my iPhone. Bottom line is the offense was NOT the problem yesterday. The give up 41 points and only 2 punts forced defense was the culprit. PERIOD END IF STORY!!

Ryan was turrible today, let us just admit it. He does not play defense but there was nothing special about his performance IMO ...tis what it tis, I am expecting the entire team to come out pizzed vs. the G men next week, if not we are screwed totally .....

Bro Matt played a good game. It didn't get away from him til the 4th when he had Toilolo playing RT. SMITTY is starting to look like a joke to me. You have to be patient with man to man defenses. They are gonna stay on top of your receivers all game. The problem was all the drops Roddy had early on. STILL there's mo excuse for hanging up 28 on the road and the defense gives up 41. Now imagine the defense was giving the ball back to the offense?? How many points do you think we could've scored?? Their defense stayed fresh because their offense put up almost 600 yards running us up and down the field. This was far from a matty ice messed up game. It was ALLLLLLLLLL on the defense.

Roddy was getting open he just couldn't catch the ball to save his life. One thing's for sure, Devin and Antone are explosive as hail. Oh, and LoLo is a definite upgrade at RT over Surelock.

Stop with the BS. The int Matt threw is because they finally rushed Toilolo and got in Matts face. I only heard Holmes man name 1 time the whole day then I heard it 3 or 4 after. Once with Carimi as soon as he came in and the rest with Toilolo.