On The Bright Side....

freebird310

Personally I don't want to go to the playoffs unless we have a shot at winning that first game. What good is winning the division at 8-8 only to have the Niners or Bears come in and run all over us?

I'm normally not a playoff fatalist but I say this year let the Saints or Panthers get embarrassed instead

Yeah, making the playoffs with this squad means overachieving with the talent with this roster. Super Bowl miracles don't happen unless you have solidarity on both sides of the trenches.

Personally I don't want to go to the playoffs unless we have a shot at winning that first game. What good is winning the division at 8-8 only to have the Niners or Bears come in and run all over us?

I'm normally not a playoff fatalist but I say this year let the Saints or Panthers get embarrassed instead

Some of y'all sound like you've never faced adversity. A loss in the playoffs is not a bad thing at all as long as you still have a window. Adversity buulds character in the greats and weeds out the weak.

I'll take a playoff loss over what failure can do to a team.

Edited by B3TD

Not with this defense.

It will be an extremely hard task just to make it to the playoff.

The Falcons have almost no chance against any playoff teams if this defense continues to play this horribly.

You have not watched many of the nfc teams have you??

we are not the only ones with defensive issues

Pretty much everyone in the nfc not named the the cards or lions have laid a defensive stinker or 2.... or 3 in this young season.

We have some work to do but we have have every bit of a chance as anyone else in then Nfc right now

Pretty much everyone in the nfc not named the the cards or lions have laid a defensive stinker or 2.... or 3 in this young season.

We have some work to do but we have have every bit of a chance as anyone else in then Nfc right now

Yes I have watched many games. Even with those defenses struggling, they still can at least put some type of pressure on a QB, which the Falcons can't do at all.

If a defense struggles big time against a 1st time starting rookie, how in the world do you think that it can stop a high powered offense with upper echelon QBs in the playoffs?

Did you see how defensive players are being used? They had Kroy and Maponga covering WRs man, that is an awful way to use this personnel.

Pass rushers are dropping into coverage on sure passing downs, which is crazy.

Worrilow and the rest of the ILBs are constantly getting exploited in coverage because they suck in coverage.

This has been a recurring thing with the defense for a long time, which is one of the main reasons why the Falcons have not been able to get over the hump.

Not a single nfc defense ranked as low as us right now though. Not even TB after giving up 56 to us!