Thank You Toilolo, And Other Things

Our TE of the future rose up and played friggin' RT against a defensive front that is not to be messed with. I am proud of this guy. I firmly believe he will be our TE of the future, and a good blocker/redzone weapon.

There's not many bright spots to today - but we know what Toilolo can do when asked to block, and we may get to see Gunn brought up from the PS (who IMO is our best G outside of Asamoah).

And R_The_Great, your prediction of James Stone being our starting C might just end up coming to fruition (but I hope not).

What surprised me most is how much he played O Line today, not having done so professionally and maybe ever in his life, and WAS NOT FLAGGED FOR A SINGLE PENALTY.

That was absolutely amazing. Plus, he didn't get killed out there doing it either.

Very surprised of that young man.

Now, here is hoping we don't ever have to see him do it again!

He gave up no pressure as far as I can tell.

Robinson attacking Toilolo forced Ryan to roll into a sack by Barr.

I dont blame Toilolo though...I blame Koettner for putting a TE in single blocking scheme with no chip or TE to help him against a defensive end. Of course that is a huge mismatch. And it came on a critical 3rd down at the beginning of the 4th quarter, resulting in a punt.

Ill say I'm impressed just because that was the thing that people blasted him for that he couldnt block for shizz. Then he gets put at a position thats all you do, against lineman not backers and cbs. People actually bigger than him. Yes he dropped one, roddy dropped a couple and hes a receiver, it happens.

Edited by Dirtybird3

Lol if they didn't rush him until they needed to at RT. He did NOT do Holmes job or Carimi's or any RT. As soon as they really rushed him when he had no help Matt was Rushed and threw a pick. I will commend his effort but let's not act like he did Holmes job. He had a few decent plays WITH A BUNCH of help UNTIL they really wanted to attack him.

Lol if they didn't rush him until they needed to at RT. He did NOT do Holmes job or Carimi's or any RT. As soon as they really rushed him when he had no help Matt was Rushed and threw a pick. I will commend his effort but let's not act like he did Holmes job. He had a few decent plays WITH A BUNCH of help UNTIL they really wanted to attack him.

I'm not gonna hand the guy an award but seeing a guy who wasn't exactly known for his blocking skills playing RT for more than 1 snap was impressive if nothing else. I'm glad he did the job.

I'm not gonna hand the guy an award but seeing a guy who wasn't exactly known for his blocking skills playing RT for more than 1 snap was impressive if nothing else. I'm glad he did the job.

That's not impressive. He had 2 guys helping him and when they caught him singled on an island Matt was rushed. He put forth an effort that's it and I commend him for that because we had no other options. He was forced into duty. He didn't really "block" anybody at first. Just got in the guys way while Asamoah and SJax helped. I'm not knocking him at all I'm just not gonna thank him for doing what he had to do and at the same time ppl bash Holmes even tho he's done a good job. NOW everybody is gonna wish Holmes gets healthy. I don't wanna see something like this happen to this team ever again. That was a sad sight.

Yeah the drops were pretty bad. I thought he did a good job filling as a tackle though, that was crazy. Don't think I've ever seen that before, I was panicing like a mofo at the end there, thought just maybe we had a chance with Ponder in as QB.

We stood absolutely ZERO chance with a TE playing RT. None. Zilch!! but it was what it was.