The Last Time We Had A Defense Was 2004

Miller2Rison

im not sure if yall have noticed but we have NEVER had a consistant defense in the MS era, we have had games of flashes of a good D but over all we have pretty much always sucked on defense. Is it the coordinator? we changed that. is it the personel? we have changed that as well. Is it the HC, well that has yet to be changed.

I say no matter what happens this year MS has one more season with ATL and if i was Arthur, if we don't break top 15 in D next year, hit the road jack.

im not sure if yall have noticed but we have NEVER had a consistant defense in the MS era, we have had games of flashes of a good D but over all we have pretty much always sucked on defense. Is it the coordinator? we changed that. is it the personel? we have changed that as well. Is it the HC, well that has yet to be changed.

I say no matter what happens this year MS has one more season with ATL and if i was Arthur, if we don't break top 15 in D next year, hit the road jack.

Agreed. Mora first year as HC was when I last remember the DL did anything in term of constant pressure. PKerney, Rod Coleman, Ed Jasper, and Brady Smith were the last group of DL than could generate pressure on their own. It has been too long since.

Agreed. Mora first year as HC was when I last remember the DL did anything in term of constant pressure. PKerney, Rod Coleman, Ed Jasper, and Brady Smith were the last group of DL than could generate pressure on their own. It has been too long since.

if had this offense with that defense we might of won the Superbowl that year. Of course that not how things work

if had this offense with that defense we might of won the Superbowl that year. Of course that not how things work

Was thinking the same thing. 2004 D might have been middle of the pack in term of yards allow, but they didn't give up a lot of points and was very opportunistic. They were among the top in the league in term of not giving up 3rd down conversion.

Was thinking the same thing. 2004 D might have been middle of the pack in term of yards allow, but they didn't give up a lot of points and was very opportunistic. They were among the top in the league in term of not giving up 3rd down conversion.

We had a great dline and got sacks on third down

If we had an average defense, we would be a good team. As others stated, just look at that line and you see the difference.

Coleman was a beast.

Jasper did his job very well. Undersized but played well.

Kerney was very good. A guy who could win his matchup. Something we don't have.

Smith was a good player too. Set the edge great and in big situations he could pressure the QB. He never had a lot of sacks but he would get some pressure.

This defense get no pressure much less sacks. There is no one on the team that is going to kick the guy's A$$ in front of him.

If we had an average defense, we would be a good team. As others stated, just look at that line and you see the difference.

Coleman was a beast.

Jasper did his job very well. Undersized but played well.

Kerney was very good. A guy who could win his matchup. Something we don't have.

Smith was a good player too. Set the edge great and in big situations he could pressure the QB. He never had a lot of sacks but he would get some pressure.

This defense get no pressure much less sacks. There is no one on the team that is going to kick the guy's A$$ in front of him.

It all starts up front with defense. I wish we tried to build this defense from the d line