Trading For A Pass Rusher

AndySG

I made a thread a couple of weeks ago about trading for a pass rusher and some people said that there's no point because they would need to learn the playbook and, thus, be ineffective this year. My question is whether they could be any less effective than those that we currently have and could we not just give them limited instructions?

I would rather have Houston or Hali and say "just go try and hit the QB" than Kroy or Osi with complex instructions. If it's something super complex regarding coverage then just take them out!

This season is over unless we find somebody who can at least disrupt the QB.

I don't see any hope for this defense. Way too much wrong to think it could be fixed by bringing in one player. I think this defense is bad enough to seal Mike Smith's fate, Nolan's fate and and maybe put TD on thin ice depending on how bad the won-loss record turns out. The way we played this game, I don't think 4-12 is out of reach. And that, or anything even close to that, would call for a total house-cleaning.

Our run D is without a doubt better than last year. Our pass rush is non existent however and our defense ends up getting worn out because we give up dink and dunk passes and big plays. I swear the middle of the field is like the bermuda triangle for our DBs

I'm not sure it's even better than last year. Especially considering that's what we supposedly focused on in FA. I don't think it's the talent because soliai and Jackson are pretty good players but literally nobody else in the front four or through the middle of the defense can make a play to save their blessed lives.

I'm not sure it's even better than last year. Especially considering that's what we supposedly focused on in FA. I don't think it's the talent because soliai and Jackson are pretty good players but literally nobody else in the front four or through the middle of the defense can make a play to save their blessed lives.

IMO this is all scheme. We run a weak *** 4-2-5 and don't have a strong ILB next to Worrilow who can cover. Recipe for getting owned if a RB breaks the first tackle / line

Forget pass rushers. We have three that if they were only focused on getting after the QB on passing downs rather than chipping TEs it covering rbs then we would be better be the pass.

Our philosophy needs to change in terms of our edge rushers. But then we struggle because we need bigger ILBs to play the run.

We need a lot. Best thing we could do this year is scratch any hybrid looks we have and go pure 4-3. That's our best hope this year.