Normally I'm An Optimist...

...and I was taking a wait and see attitude with our defense. I got to say though, no way we go anywhere with the defense playing like this. Forget 30, we will have to score 50 a game. This one is on the Nolan and the defense. My only hope is that maybe somehow and some way this day will wake them up but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Something has to be done personnel wise with these coaches.

Either coach Smith or Nolan need to go immediately. If we were "somewhat" bad on d I could buy the personnel excuse, but were are not even close to winning on defense. Thats a schematically proven deficient defense out there. We are putting the players in the wrong positions before and after the snap. Thats on the coaches.

I thought the emphasis with the two FA acquisitions was stopping the run. If you can run like the Viqueens did on us today, you can have Byron Lefwich at QB and beat the Falcons.

Is it possible to add "the stadium crowd" as a WR in fantasy football? With Leftwich at QB throwing bombs to the upper deck, stadium crowd would be DA FUTURE!

I'm normally pretty optimistic, myself. My expectations for this defense were not lofty- I thought with a #20 defense or so, that our offense would be able to win a lot of games for us. Not so. Our defense is gawd awful. And now, just when we had 'fixed' our offensive line, we lose 3 starters.

Yeah. We're screwed. And Nolan has had enough time to get this defense to be at least mediocre.

The defense has never been great. It was only mediocre when we went 14-2 but it was better then than it is right now. That's the thing, with our offense, we don't have to have a "great" defense. Average would be OK. I've had a day to think about it and I'm going to hold out hope that Nolan can get things turned around well enough that we can win some road games this year. Offense is still going to have score 30 or more most times out though.