Grow Some Stones Nolan.

TrufantIsland

Guest facelessman07

His resume says otherwise. Coached a solid Ravens D, Broncos D, and Miami D

Torris is right about everything else but this IMO. All Smith, Smith has run out of scapegoats. Next person fired needs to be himself

I still hold Nolan in high regard as a defensive coach, but I never thought he was a good fit here. Philosophically, he was the polar opposite of the HC and everything his defenses had looked like. I'm not surprised that this mish-mash, jack-of-all-trades, master of nothing defense is what's resulted. I mean, my God, did I see Kroy matched up against Jennings earlier in the game?

I still hold Nolan in high regard as a defensive coach, but I never thought he was a good fit here. Philosophically, he was the polar opposite of the HC and everything his defenses had looked like. I'm not surprised that this mish-mash, jack-of-all-trades, master of nothing defense is what's resulted. I mean, my God, did I see Kroy matched up against Jennings earlier in the game?

Sure did. Horrible.

<p>Steve Spagnuolo was supposed to be a defensive genius, Saints fired him after one year! Why are we hanging our hat on this guy for so long?!? He has turned a bad defense into a terrible defense! We can't hold a 20 point lead in the play-offs, our defense is so bad no one even knows what to call it

THE DEFENSE HAS A JOB OF DISRUPTING AN OFFENSE----WHEN HAVE YOU EVER SEEN THIS OVER THE LAST 7 YEARS??? WATCH SOME TAPE, THERE HASOPPERTUNITTYNOT BEEN ANY OF THAT AND WE DO HAVE THE TALENT!!!!IT IS ALL ABOUT GIVING A GUY ON YOUR D THE GO GETUM/BALLS OUT COMMAND UNDER THE RIGHT DOWN/DISTANCE ETC... HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF DEFENSIVE BLOCKING???? IT IS TRULY EFFECTIVE IF DONE AT THE CORRECT TIME!