Pg Week 4 Mock Offseason

Psychic Gibbon

After a few weeks we're getting a better gauge as to what their needs will be and maybe what Nolan really intends to do with the defense, presuming they do well enough to keep the current staff. Also, under this scenario they should have roughly $32 million in cap space to play with.

Re-sign:

Gabe Carimi, OT

Robert McClain, CB

Matt Byrant, K

T.J. Yates, QB

Antone Smith, RB

Josh Wilson, CB

Extensions:

Matt Bosher, P [Already done]

Josh Harris, LS [Already done]

Julio Jones, WR

Joe Hawley, C

Free Agency:

Tamba Hali, DE/OLB, Chiefs

The Chiefs will likely have to make a choice between Houston and Hali and due to that they'll likely cut Hali, being the older player. He's still highly productive and is an extremely good locker room leader, his presence in large part being the reason Houston became the player he is.

Jordan Cameron, TE, Browns

Lots of cap space will allow a couple big signings at least. Cameron is very talented and he finally made a name for himself with Norv Turner's TE intensive offense. He may want to reunite with Turner but the Vikings have Rudolph long term so they probably won't be looking to pay another TE and it's doubtful he'll want to stay with the Browns considering how poor Manziel has looked so far. However, he'd be very welcome here.

George Wilson, S, Titans

Not a flashy signing but veteran depth is needed at safety.

Draft:

Draft Needs: OLB, LG, RT, NT, RB depth, TE depth, O-line depth

Presumed draft slot: 18-24

1st - Vic Beasley, DE/OLB, Clemson

Quick twitch speed rusher with great agility and bend. Underrated due to his size but he can put on some weight on his frame. Pairing him up with a veteran like Hali would instantly solve out edge rush problems.

2nd - Benardrick McKinney, ILB, Mississippi State

The weakness of the defense so far, besides a lack of an edge rush, has been the LB corps. Shembo has flashed both in the preseason and in the regular season as he replaces Bartu but Worrilow continues to be inconsistent. McKinney is raw but is highly athletic, sheds blocks well, and does well getting into the backfield.

3rd - Cameron Erving, OT, Florida State

He has struggled so far this year and due to that his stock has dropped quite a bit. However, his fantastic 2013 tape, size and athleticism, and upside makes him too good to pass up at this point. Give him some good coaching and he should plug up the RT spot. Tice has also shown he can get more out of players with far less natural talent which also makes this a more comfortable pick.

4th - Jay Ajayi, RB, Boise State

Some pop to pair up with Freeman's flash.

5th - John Miller, G, Louisville

Blalock has done well enough to keep around but getting a player to groom behind him is needed.

6th - Darius Kilgo, DT/NT, Maryland

Interior D-line depth.

7th (from Rams) - Jordon James, RB, UCLA

7th - C.J. Uzomah, TE, Auburn

Roster:

QB: Matt Ryan, T.J. Yates, Sean Renfree

RB: Devonta Freeman, Jay Ajayi, Antone Smith, Jordon James

FB: Patrick DiMarco

WR: Julio Jones, Roddy White, Devin Hester, Geraldo Boldewijn, Bernard Reedy

TE: Jordan Cameron, Levine Toilolo, C.J.Uzomah

LT: Jake Matthews, Gabe Carimi

LG: Justin Blalock, John Miller

C: Joe Hawley, James Stone

RG: Jon Asamoah, Harland Gunn

RT: Cameron Erving, Gabe Carimi

RDE: Ra'Shede Hageman, Malliciah Goodman

NT: Paul Soliai, Travian Robertson, Darius Kilgo

LDE: Tyson Jackson, Travian Robertson

ROLB: Tamba Hali, Stansly Maponga

RILB: Benardrick McKinney, Paul Worrilow, Marquis Spruill

LILB: Prince Shembo, Joplo Bartu

LOLB: Vic Beasley, Jonathan Massaquoi

CB: Desmond Trufant, Robert Alford, Robert McClain, Josh Wilson, Ricardo Allen

FS: Dezmen Southward, George Wilson

SS: William Moore, Kemal Ishmael

K: Matt Bryant

P: Matt Bosher

LS: Josh Harris

Bro only one player on that list is a proven star. Hali is the only one. Rest ARE Just questions

I know, I meant potentially.

My bad for not putting that in my original post.

I know that Hali is the only proven player of those 4, I'm just loving the possibilities of that LB line-up behind Soliai, Jackson, Babs, Peters, Goodman, and Hageman.

I know, I meant potentially.

My bad for not putting that in my original post.

I know that Hali is the only proven player of those 4, I'm just loving the possibilities of that LB line-up behind Soliai, Jackson, Babs, Peters, Goodman, and Hageman.

Lol no problem it's just on these boards any kind of optimism is seen as an infection. I would totally love that LB core. We would have a killer defense.

I think it'd be wiser to sign two pass rushers in free agency such as Johnson/ Hardy, whichever the Panthers let go. Then sign an OLB such as Jason Worilds, who is still relatively young. Other than that maybe another big DT such as Nick Fairly to play the run and MLB that can cover a TE but draft other needs

I think it'd be wiser to sign two pass rushers in free agency such as Johnson/ Hardy, whichever the Panthers let go. Then sign an OLB such as Jason Worilds, who is still relatively young. Other than that maybe another big DT such as Nick Fairly to play the run and MLB that can cover a TE but draft other needs

That's like over 20 million just for year one, on three guys. That's way too much.

I'd like these picks, I don't see the staff trying to replace Worrilow but I really like Mckinney

After Week 1, 2, and today I see no reason why Worrilow shouldn't be replaced. He's better than Bartu but that isn't saying much.

You think we will get Vic Beasley in that spot? I think he'll go in the top 10. Any other round 1 picks? If we can't get him?

Players have fallen for less than being somewhat undersized. At this stage I'm confident he'll fall at some point in the range I think the Falcons will be in.

Have you seen the way our defense has looked for the majority of this season? One DE won't do it, we need at least 2 d linemen if not 3 with some extra beef added up front

I refuse to give a legitimate response, to this obvious knee jerk reaction post, so I won't even truly respond to this.

I refuse to give a legitimate response, to this obvious knee jerk reaction post, so I won't even truly respond to this.

Is it really knee jerk if it has been happening the past two years? I don't think so, we will have to spend big on the Defense this offseason if we really want to be able to compete for a Super Bowl. If not, it will just be another disappointing season

Is it really knee jerk if it has been happening the past two years? I don't think so, we will have to spend big on the Defense this offseason if we really want to be able to compete for a Super Bowl. If not, it will just be another disappointing season

Overkill. You simply do not have that kind of money, especially when there are other positions to address. You have to be smart with your spending. That isn't, plain and simple. You also can't expect a team to land that many of the top FAs. That never happens. There are 32 teams in the NFL. What you proposed is not even the slightest bit realistic.

• 2 weeks later...

You see Fleming dropping to the third? You were touting him as first rounder last offseason and he's athletic. That said him in third would be awesome

It took me a second to realize you meant Erving, but yeah, I still like him a lot as a prospect. He looked great in 2013 but he's been inconsistent this year and has looked terrible in some games. He'll need a good deal of polish but he has fantastic potential. What will hurt his stock though is his inconsistency this season will make some teams question whether or not he is a LT or not.

It took me a second to realize you meant Erving, but yeah, I still like him a lot as a prospect. He looked great in 2013 but he's been inconsistent this year and has looked terrible in some games. He'll need a good deal of polish but he has fantastic potential. What will hurt his stock though is his inconsistency this season will make some teams question whether or not he is a LT or not.

Lol my bad. Yeah, Erving. I like his feet and athleticism