New Mike Smith On Sidelines Making A Big Difference

parmenion

I heard an interesting analysis of part of the Bucs issues. Both Love and Fraiser are mild mannered type personalities and of course offensive coordinator is out so players aren't responding. It was stated that you always need both types, firey and mild mannered so they balance each other with the players. Makes sense and I'm thinking we have a good balance this year and Mike Smith knows it.

Go back and watch Walsh or Belichick on the sidelines. Not every team needs an old azz cheerleader

True but helps to see your head coach show some kind of emotion. This is the new NFL. Younger players and younger coaches. The younger generation feeds of other peoples energy. It's good to see a coach just as fired up as you are as a player.

Edited by Tylanta99

When has Smith not been engaged in the game though. He's been that way from the jump

Totally agree with this. Smith's lack of engagement or enthusiasm has never been a problem. The conservative play calling when protecting leads in the 2nd half / half time adjustments has been.

True but helps to see your head coach show some kind of emotion. This is the new NFL. Younger players and younger coaches. The younger generation feeds of other peoples energy. It's good to see a coach just as fired up as you are as a player.

I'm hoping there are some young people left who can motivate themselves :(

I think Smitty is the same guy he's always been...the fire from Cox and Tice is the bigger diff imo

And football is extremely difficult to quantify. Both coordinators on the sidelines is working so far this year, also. Later on in the season, it may not. Other years it might not have worked, either. There is no "right" answer, just the answer that works.

If TD/Smitty/and Nolan can turn the Falcons defense around, then I would have no doubt that this team can hoist the Lombardi real soon.

Smitty has started doing that horrible woo sound again.

Smitty's horrible woo = something good is happening.

..........Stay tuned..............

I think he should try more for something like this:

Players respond to knowledge and coaching. They know a fake when they see one. Fans often respond positively to the very things that players hate the most. .. that's an HC that plays the media for attention and thinks it's more about him than about the players. Fans think a coach that stomps around the sideline making mean faces and screaming at everything and everyone around means he's a good coach. Fans think a coach that berates the media at press conferences and throws his team under the bus when they lose is a good coach. Players just think that kind of guy is a clown. Everyone always wants Gruden or Cowher when coaching searches come around but they never mention Dunghy. I'll take a Dunghy or Chuck Pagano type anyday over a circus clown like Gruden. I think most players see it that way too.